test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gwf, im sad about it...

lewanogirlewanogir Member Posts: 2
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
The class feel somehow broken, I didn't died much through the leveling experience but once I hitted 50, I feel like a fly! Getting squashed so easily! I got like 23k hp and one add hitted me a 19k! i understand you got to learn to play the class and blablabla, I learned, but guys, at some bosses almost a single hit kill you. And yeah we can run away with stamina, but If you do only 1 mistake its over. And if you start doing an attack you cant run until the animations is finished. I saw every other class out damage me. they do everything better than a gwf.

ok, well I saw that gwf have high survability in some dungeon, but after 50 the fun time is over...

Its frustrating when you see every other classes, except gf, owning everything and you, the gwf, watch them while you deal 1/3 of the damage and get killed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It started getting bad for me on T2 dungeons, finding a party is already tough. Questing was a piece of cake and if I did party it was because someone caught me at the entrance of a cave but yeah I think we need better single target DPS because most of T2 dungeon doesn't have tons of trash mob they are usually juggernauts mobs with lots of health.
  • patsboempatsboem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can give you a few tips after lvl 50 that made my GWF do good damage (started to top the dps meters in dungeons)..

try to get a augmented pet (the cat or the stone, stone you purchase with zen). If its a bit lvld (lvl 15 or so) it gave me a lot of defense, regen and power (500).

Learn to use weapon master strike with quick tabs in between: it cancels the animation and dubbles your attacks: its really awesome if you know how it works.

try to equip high defense chest (gives you the most defence stats) with at least lvl 11 AC. This was really an eye opener for me couse the damage intake was way less then before: befor i focused on power on my chest.

I also used a good dps spec which you can find in one of the 1st sticky's. I started fights with a battle roar, followed up with Come and get it and battle fury: the mobs will melt... I tried all other encounters but these rock i can assure you..

Grts Patsboem
  • patsboempatsboem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By the way i agree that GWF needs a better single target attack.. Aoe is fine and i dont complain realy, but our single dps is stupid: such a big sword.... it just doesnt feel good.. The CW has both: single and Aoe, so whats the idea behind the GWF single dps? Its just not right..and i can imagine a lot of people stop leveling at the lowlevels when they see how bad it is..
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    The problem with GWF isn't simply damage. It's the long *** animation that is related with skill execution. And while the animation is playing out your character cannot move, for now the temporary remedy is to use animation cancelling with Sprint. Also our skill does not scale well in terms of level. It's great when you hit 40 then it peters out around 55 when mob tends to ramp up in difficulty. PvP wise we don't have much in terms of damage avoidance or migitation. Tanks can absorb damage (your 1000 hit becomes 100), rogues have evasion (dodge dodge dodge), wizards/clerics have teleport (you can hit only if you catch them). GWF runs away and while you're back is turned your enemies can hit you from a mile away.
  • daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    patsboem wrote: »
    I can give you a few tips after lvl 50 that made my GWF do good damage (started to top the dps meters in dungeons)..

try to get a augmented pet (the cat or the stone, stone you purchase with zen). If its a bit lvld (lvl 15 or so) it gave me a lot of defense, regen and power (500).

Learn to use weapon master strike with quick tabs in between: it cancels the animation and dubbles your attacks: its really awesome if you know how it works.

try to equip high defense chest (gives you the most defence stats) with at least lvl 11 AC. This was really an eye opener for me couse the damage intake was way less then before: befor i focused on power on my chest.

I also used a good dps spec which you can find in one of the 1st sticky's. I started fights with a battle roar, followed up with Come and get it and battle fury: the mobs will melt... I tried all other encounters but these rock i can assure you..

Grts Patsboem

Tabs? You mean shift for sprint? Tab would fire off unstoppable... Also so we have to basically use all of out encounters to to any type of respectable damage....

patsboem wrote: »
    By the way i agree that GWF needs a better single target attack.. Aoe is fine and i dont complain realy, but our single dps is stupid: such a big sword.... it just doesnt feel good.. The CW has both: single and Aoe, so whats the idea behind the GWF single dps? Its just not right..and i can imagine a lot of people stop leveling at the lowlevels when they see how bad it is..

The idea is this class got nerfed hard in the closed betas even despite people saying it needed more damage...they still nerfed it.....

The problem with GWF isn't simply damage. It's the long *** animation that is related with skill execution. And while the animation is playing out your character cannot move, for now the temporary remedy is to use animation cancelling with Sprint. Also our skill does not scale well in terms of level. It's great when you hit 40 then it peters out around 55 when mob tends to ramp up in difficulty. PvP wise we don't have much in terms of damage avoidance or migitation. Tanks can absorb damage (your 1000 hit becomes 100), rogues have evasion (dodge dodge dodge), wizards/clerics have teleport (you can hit only if you catch them). GWF runs away and while you're back is turned your enemies can hit you from a mile away.

Soooo...it sucsk until 40 then you get 15 good levels and then 55 up it sucks again? sounds fantastic.....

sure we can use sprint to cancel the animations, but that only last so ling

and as for evading ....sure again we can sprint, but if you're playing right and using i to avoid attacks anyway you're pretty much out of that pretty fast. So I find myself trying to evade and more often than not being out of sprint and we move dog slow without sprint.....

I think I'm going to spend some time with my rogue...may as well have some fun with that character whit it lasts...maybe Ill come back the the GWF once the Rogue gets nerfed....if it ever does....

Im tired of getting killed all the time
  • rhazael1984rhazael1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    55 up sucks for most classes imho, mount whatsitsface mobs just hit like trucks
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yea, Mount Hotenow isn't fun for anyone, but it's still easier on other classes than GWF.

I've leveled GWF and TR via questing now, and TR was not only loads faster but loads easier. On GWF, I had to do Foundry+PVP to supplement questing because if I didn't I would be in zones 1-3 levels below the mobs and anyone who has leveled GWF knows that experience isn't any fun. TR had no issue with this, sometimes being 5 levels under the zone and still not having problems.