test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hacked account

axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It seem there has been quite a few hacked accounts today mine included

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?253051-Email-confirmation-sends-to-new-email-address-hacked-accounts

so I would suggest people change there account passwords etc just to be on the safe side, I submitted a ticket about 5 hours ago and am still waiting for the response, im still logged into website sue to cookies but my email/passwords were changed, I spent $260 (hero/guardian) on this game and know all my character AD etc will be all gone, also a lifer on Champions online so doubt will have any C store points left, hopefully this will all get sorted but think people should check there security so it doesn't happen to more.
Post edited by axan22#6446 on

Comments

• mast1catormast1cator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happened to me too. Received e-mail saying that my e-mail address has been changed and verification sent to the new address this morning. Needless to say I can't access my account at the moment and I have made a ticket without any response so far. This has never happened to me in any game or website before and this is the only game I used my Neverwinter password on. Also done full scans on computer and not a single malicious piece of software found.

Edit: Also lol at the post by the community manager at the end telling you to go change your e-mail address. How stupid can you be? How the hell do you change it without the god **** password that was also changed.

As I purchased Guardian pack and I've spent some money on Zen does anybody know if I can do a chargeback if this doesn't get resolved and account doesn't get fully restored?
  • axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's a good idead I purchased my packs on credit card too, may be a way forward.
  • gibby87gibby87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, after 8 hours I got a response telling me to make sure I am using the right account name (and the account is NOT the same as display name) and marked the ticket as "Solved"...

Like... Seriously?
  • pissedofuser1337pissedofuser1337 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here... my account got hacked on 19th of May and I didn't get any response yet. I mean how is it even possible to change the registered email without a verification email to the old one? Instead the verfication email is sent to the new email :mad: ! (recodring to the email I received). My password was also changed so I am 100% unable to login anywhere. I conntacted the facebook page now. Maybe I will get a response from there....
  • jesusjim19jesusjim19 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That sucks and I wish you all get sorted. But whoever runs the show should make it so your email address can't be changed.
    You could still have your account compromised but you would still be able to log in and change the password. Also get rid of the out of date OCR that can easily be recognized with tools like sentry mba and focr, never mind all the private tools and go with google recaptcha.
  • garrisddgarrisdd Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I hate to be a broken record but I submitted my ticket 05/17/2013 11:43 AM and got the auto response to the correct email and still have not gotten any response.
  • drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Just another, in a long line, of PWE failures. What system anywhere, ever, allows you to change your email WITHOUT verifying the old email first. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor systems, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor customer service, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor company.

It's beyond laughable at this point with these idiots.
  • garrisddgarrisdd Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    The email change system is beyond broken, if you do not control the accounts email you should not be able to change it without putting in a ticket to confirm your information. If you do control the email than it should be just a matter of confirming the change on the old and the new email address.