test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't seem to get rid of kobolds.

thunderknuckles1thunderknuckles1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I've changed out the encounters to other races and checked, double checked and triple checked every encounter I've placed in my dungeon and yet somehow kobolds keep showing up in play test. I've even deleted rooms to see if somehow they were placed underneath the map somewhere, but nothing there. Anyone else have this issue?
Post edited by thunderknuckles1 on

Comments

• Options
    zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "What are we doing today Brain? "
    "Same thing we do everyday Pinky, take over the world!"
    *my Kobold minions are working excellent it seems.. MUHAhahahaha!

Seriously though. I don't have a clue dude what could be causing it.
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited May 2013
    You changed only costumes or whole base encounters? I don't know all Foundry encounters but if mob is able to summon adds it will always summon default adds (like Deathlock Witch - it always summons basic zombies and it can't be customised).
  • Options
    gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are these story encounters? It can be very stubborn about the default kobold setting with story encounters. The best way I've found to counter this is to set a non-story encounter, then in the story window link that encounter to the objective.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • Options
    thunderknuckles1thunderknuckles1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I changed out the whole base encounter. It's one room in particular that's bad about it, and I have scoured the thing, every mob, to see what I might have overlooked. Btw, thank you guys for the polite responses!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zogvarnoka wrote: »
    "What are we doing today Brain? "
    "Same thing we do everyday Pinky, take over the world!"
    *my Kobold minions are working excellent it seems.. MUHAhahahaha!

Seriously though. I don't have a clue dude what could be causing it.

lol! Man, that's awesome. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to give that a try, Gem. Seems like a very sound way to go about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    After spending quite some time on it yesterday evening I've become more convinced that it's a glitch. The kobold encounter I can't remove isn't in my story line at all. I may have had it there (and changed the base encounter) and then deleted it after changing directions a little, but the little buggers still show up. No idea how to remove them.
  • Options
    aggropotatoaggropotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It happened to me when I created the Kill task in the Story tab before placing the mobs. The Foundry will always default to kobolds and kobold costumes.

I've changed my workflow to placing mobs first, then linking them to the Kill task. No more stray kobolds.
    JtuEMvw.jpg
  • Options
    notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It happened to me when I created the Kill task in the Story tab before placing the mobs. The Foundry will always default to kobolds and kobold costumes.

I've changed my workflow to placing mobs first, then linking them to the Kill task. No more stray kobolds.

Same problem when I got started. I do this now and it works like a charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's what I'm going to have to start doing. I tried to work around it with one other problem spot on a third map, where I could actually change their title but not the base encounter race. I simply labeled them "Mizzrym Slave" to try and justify drow and kobold together. The first prob spot I'm just stuck with for now. lol