test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there an Official Release date yet?

jormunrekjormunrek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It's probably listed somewhere but I haven't had my first up of coffee yet so apologies to everyone.

The reason I ask is because I refuse to spend rl cash on a game still in beta (even if this appears to be a soft launch for all intents and purposes). I am not against spending cash in the micro transaction store. I am loathe to admit that I have spent hundreds of dollars in STO's store. Heck I was still paying a monthly subscription until a few months ago.

And likely I would pay a monthly subscription here if the option was made available. I might be in the minority but I attempt to support the games that I play in order to fund support services and content development.
Although I do expect things like QoS and such.

I do enjoy the game itself, even if there are some things currently that may drive me away. But I guess time will tell.

Thanks in advance,

Jorm
Post edited by jormunrek on

Comments

• humdothumdot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not yet. I wonder what will change when the game officially "releases".
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    humdot wrote: »
    Not yet. I wonder what will change when the game officially "releases".

Releasing the game without endgame content such as Gauntlgrym, new classes and balancing fixes would be suicide imho. It's not 2004 anymore.
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It may not be officially released, but it basically is released.

Things will change, yeah, but it still has a dead amount of content
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what alot of companies are doing nowadays. They release the game without announcing any official date and by doing so they are not obligated for any reason to give us quality content since technically its still beta and in development. I said this on an SOE forum lastnight as well and id love to know the official release date for this game. Companies pretty much are not obligated to take responsibility for anything because of it and its ridiculous. Ive played a few games for years that closed down while they were still in beta.....4 year beta..... Seeeeems super legit.
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orieldaveorieldave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It will never be officially released. It will stay as an open beta, since any **** that happens can be attributed to that: Oh, it's open beta, what do you expect? The forum fanbois already use that all the time. If there's a cash shop and no character wipes upcoming, it's released whatever you want to call it.
  • ashenrustashenrust Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    most asian games stay in perpetual beta ,, isent the perfect world game still in beta ? and thats over 6 years old?