test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gateway : Leadership not awarding Rough astral diamonds

tandemms1tandemms1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
When using the gateway to complete leadership tasks that award astral diamonds, when you "claim items" through the gateway you get everything except for astral diamonds. I cleared out my astral diamonds (Rough) and crafted for 3 straight days while on a trip and returned home to 0 rough astral diamonds when I did multiple tasks that awarded them.

I would hate to think of how many I have lost due to this glitch....
Post edited by tandemms1 on

Comments

• xsotraspxsotrasp Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also curious if experience gained (not leadership or profession) is also affected. There's no way to track your XP via the gateway so I can't tell if it's increasing as I collect results.
    edited May 2013
    I also confirmed this issue. I had 1450 AD prior to collecting the results (which included 100AD). I'm still at 1450 after collecting the results. :-( I will have to see if I earned real XP too.
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Experience and Astral Diamonds don't get added to your character if you collect the rewards through the Gateway.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • zerowaitzerowait Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then thats needs to be fixed!
  • karzak851karzak851 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeap have the same issue.
    If it would be any other company than PW then I would think its a bug.. but its pw so its probably by design
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    Experience and Astral Diamonds don't get added to your character if you collect the rewards through the Gateway.

Thank you, is there documentation on this anywhere else?
  • vontommyvontommy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue, has anyone heard from the devs on this? I've missed out on a large number of AD.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure the AD are deposited to your character directly, but rather goes into your account pool. Has anyone checked their AD pool balance before and after claiming a Professions reward?
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully they are able to track that and once fixed to a lump deposit of what we have missed
  • dreadburndreadburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »

I cannot comment on the xp bit, but on Friday at work I had my mobile phone with me and was using it to do the leadership quest "protect the caravans" on the gateway. I did this with 3 profession slots open. So over the course of the day 12 hours , I completed the quest
    18 times. ( 12 hours max time, 2 hour length, 3 slots, 6 times per slot completed).

Now I got online just after midnight went to refine my rough AD and was shocked . It was empty. I had a conversation with a guildmate about does rough AD auto-refine at the end of the day or does it just disappear and got no definitive answer.

So after reading this thread I was a bit shocked to read that I have been wasting my time for so long
  • captndafcaptndaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    You do still get the Leadership xp, so not a complete waste of time, but yes from what I've seen on the forums this bug has been around for some time.
    I have (personally) confirmed that if you start Protect Caravans in Gateway and complete it in-game you do get your RAD and XP.
    "Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together."
  • dreadburndreadburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captndaf wrote: »
    You do still get the Leadership xp, so not a complete waste of time, but yes from what I've seen on the forums this bug has been around for some time.
    I have (personally) confirmed that if you start Protect Caravans in Gateway and complete it in-game you do get your RAD and XP.

cheers for the heads up, will plan my leadership stuff around collecting the reward in game
  • yarrenzeyarrenze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump. And will continue to bump until it is resolved.
    Knowledge is power!
  • alexandrebuenoalexandrebueno Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This bug is intermitent. I often do Protect Caravan, and sometimes I do not get the AD, sometimes I get.
    There's an "automatic" refinement, but I don't know when the system does it.
    And, there is also the 24k limit of AD gained in a day.
  • derpy4everderpy4ever Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I to am not receiving RAD's completeing the quest through the gateway. I was all jazz to login this afternoon, and i find nothing after a day and a half of gateway questing. As stated before i hope this is tracked somewhere, because i didn't notice it until now and i could have quite a chunk of diamonds waiting in limbo somewhere.

Void4ever
  • shoblothshobloth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I also have this problem. I started playing 2 months ago and have yet to collect any RAD's from crafting through gateway. JUst today i lost 4000. It sure would be nice to get all that back, given the amount of money i've spent to buy the rest of my AD's.

Peace,
    Whiskyjack
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As far as I know this has been fixed. The diamonds get auto refined though, and do not count towards your daily amount.
  • nicomadoxnicomadox Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i checked and its fixed.
  • aer001aer001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have the same issue in both my characters. I'm not receiving my rough astral diamonds... I lost so much by using gateway that I don't want to use it again.
  • swistakthejesterswistakthejester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yea. Be warned it's still not fixed. I didn't get RADs or barell of goods. I cannot belive it's still going on after several months :/
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still not working in Chrome. Just saying...
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Just completed "Protect caravan" twice, gateway (mozilla), and my inventory now displays 200 more rough AD.
    The two Protect Caravan were started ingame though, not via the gateway.
    English is not my first language.
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, it works just fine with Mozilla and others, just not with Chrome.
  • aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    Yeah, it works just fine with Mozilla and others, just not with Chrome.

I'm using Chrome and have never had any problems with getting AD from the gateway.
  • nostradunwhichnostradunwhich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    Still not working in Chrome. Just saying...

It is working fine for me in Chrome, at least for barrels and coffers. I can even open the items once they are in my character's inventory. I have not tracked my AD that closely, but will now!
    edited October 2013
    I flushed the cache as suggested somewhere in this thread and now it works for me too. Confusing, was pretty sure I already tried it.
  • rvdveldenrvdvelden Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Having the same problem, but it's a very inconsistent bug. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. The 'normal' XP I can't be sure of if that gets added to the character, but as of today I'm sure that it doesn't get added to your active companion, as it does when you're in-game. At least it didn't today, perhaps WAD/WAI, perhaps a bug. The missing RAD are irritating me a lot more :mad:
  • falthazaarfalthazaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got hit with this one too. Collected 3 Destroy Enemy Camp and 3 Fight the Spellplague, but had 2,200 astral diamonds. I double-checked to see if it was already refined today, but nothing was refined today. This was around 7:30 am PST, so it wasn't in that 2:00am or 3:00am timer reset window.