test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"The Lich Queen's Challenge" ready for reviews! (NW-DEDSKHOIP)

xenopz1xenopz1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Name: The Lich Queen's Challenge
ID: NW-DEDSKHOIP

Foundry spotlight thread available.

I have made a pretty (hopefully) atmospheric quest (even the noticeboard description is in-character) that has a few puzzles, a few skill-based challenges (not very punishing so not annoying) and a bit of optional dialogue with different outcomes. To say more would probably spoil the experience.

A few lore-like notes are scattered (in places you will find them), one of which gives a nice hint for the first puzzle.

Can YOU defeat the Lich Queen's Crypt? Have fun!

PS: I've played a LOT with triggers and the limitations of the editor, which should hopefully show.
PPS: I have not put any music as I prefer ambiance for immersion. However, currently due to the Foundry sound bug most (not all) of the sounds cannot be heard (you probably won't hear the ghost whispers when examining a corpse and the paper sound while reading a note before they fix the bug). Also keep in mind when you pull the levers a nice cogwheel sound should be heard. In the labyrinth (don't worry, it's pretty small) there is a chain-rattling ambient sound that currently does not work.

PPPS: Changes due to feedback:
v1.1
- The invisible wall in The Crags now is usable like a door. It requires the item you have to find to be in your inventory to let you through.
- Statues in the climbing challenge give an additional hint.
v1.2
- Improved enemy pathfinding in labyrinth.
- Added miscellaneous sounds and effects including boss music.
- Changed how The Crags "lock" works.
- Added some more content at the end including improved final battle.
- Fixed invisible trap in Caverns Level 1.
Post edited by xenopz1 on

Comments

• xenopz1xenopz1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Needless to say, feel free to share your adventure links with me so I can review back. :)
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Think it might be bugged?

Objective: Enter the crypts, when attempting to interact with the entrance is says you have missed something.

I have killed all enemies in the area, investigated all items (including the key hidden at the top of the tree). But that message never goes away, so unable to continue.

If there is some "hidden" objective, then you have left no clues in any of the dialog (diary, bodies etc)
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
    edited May 2013
    The invisible wall (called "A thought) in front of the entrance disappears once you get the key from the tree (more accurately when you complete the interaction with the pouch, but you need the key for later anyway).
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xenopz1 wrote: »
    The invisible wall in front of the entrance should disappear once you get the key from the tree.

It did not disappear when i got the key (assuming you mean the key in the tree, below the guard who fell to their death?) sadly, restarted the mission did the same, but oddly if you stand at the right angle (squished up tight to the rocks) it works.
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
    edited May 2013
    It looks like you should climb up to the center in this room? But there is no way up (couldn't find ramps, invisible platforms)? 2 bodies which can be interacted with, but offer no clues?
    No other clues / visual hints about what to do in this room?
    edited May 2013
    Use the statues.
    edited May 2013
    Just finished your quest, in-game review and rating left (4/5).

On the whole, it is a fun little quest.

The invisible wall which blocks the entrance to the crypts seems a little hit and miss (I tried 4 times to test this). Sometimes it will vanish when you get the key, other times it wont or you have to stand at very odd angles. Do you have it set to "inverse visible if player has item?"

Maze 1: Nice layout, good to have a small explorable area.

Crypt level 2: The jumping puzzle. Your statues seem a little hit and miss, most of the time I was just falling through them. Not able to use them a jumping platforms.
    edited May 2013
    Great feedback, zekrallmizzrym!

I couldn't reproduce the bug you mentioned with it not disappearing, but still just to be sure I changed how the invisible wall works. Now you interact with it like with a door and it requires the key being in your inventory. I did try using "inverse visible if player has item" but it just made the wall disappear completely no matter if you had the key.

I also added a hint to the statues. Now they say "The statues in this room have footprints on their arms and heads." This should solve the ambiguity with the climbing challenge.
    edited May 2013
    Added new fixes and a few new special effects. I am confident now the quest should be as good as it can possibly be.
    edited May 2013
    Just played it through again on a lower level character, some of the stacked encounters are very hard, but enjoyable!.

Nice visual changes xenopz1.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Hi - unfortunately, as I was playing your quest, just inside the lich queens dungeon (warning - spoiler ahead) one of the spiders became trapped in a wall, and i was unable to proceed because I could not interact with the lever while a mob had aggro on me.

I had ran into a similar problem in my quest, and basically came to the conclusion that never should enemies, required interactions, and tight spaces ever be in the same proximity.

I'm going to try to re-run it again right away, as it seems to be a very well made quest. The little tidbits of info and lore spread throughout are great, and the story is easy to get into.

I'd appreciate it if you tried my quest.
    Here is the feedback page: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?279091-My-first-quest-in-2-versions-Story-and-Epic
    Here is the link to the campaign: NWS-DNSXY8Z2F

*edit oh, i almost forgot - your quest needs music!
    edited May 2013
    I have made a Foundry spotlight thread for the map.

I have fixed the issue with the spiders getting stuck.