test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Different game, same mistake...

thegrudge21thegrudge21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello everyone,

I have been playing Neverwinter since the second beta weekend, and the game is great (needs a bit of polishing but i'm talking about potential here).

But i was so disappointed to see that the same exploit that happened in star trek online (i didn't play it, just did some research) happens in Neverwinter too. The person who programmed the AH failed miserably, he/she clearly isn't the right person for the job, i mean same amateur mistake twice?

Picture of the exploit in Star Trek Online:
oA6Z8.jpg

I'm talking from dev perspective here because i am a dev too, and making such mistakes TWICE is unforgivable. If you can't cook, don't be a cook and if you can't dev don't be a dev. You can't allow things like currencies going into negative values, ever (probably a wrong file type, for those who are familiar with file types).

Now the game economy is totally ruined, and a lot of players are leaving and all you do is give us 50 Health potions. lol
Post edited by thegrudge21 on

Comments

• Options
    hatey0hatey0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello everyone,

I have been playing Neverwinter since the second beta weekend, and the game is great (needs a bit of polishing but i'm talking about potential here).

But i was so disappointed to see that the same exploit that happened in star trek online (i didn't play it, just did some research) happens in Neverwinter too. The person who programmed the AH failed miserably, he/she clearly isn't the right person for the job, i mean same amateur mistake twice?

Picture of the exploit in Star Trek Online:
    oA6Z8.jpg

I'm talking from dev perspective here because i am a dev too, and making such mistakes TWICE is unforgivable. If you can't cook, don't be a cook and if you can't dev don't be a dev. You can't allow things like currencies going into negative values, ever (probably a wrong file type, for those who are familiar with file types).

Now the game economy is totally ruined, and a lot of players are leaving and all you do is give us 50 Health potions. lol

You are a pretty terrible "dev" if you don't know the difference between c++ and php.
  • Options
    homicidalyahtzeehomicidalyahtzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't forget the other game-breaking bug they're covering up
  • Options
    jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't forget the other game-breaking bug they're covering up

You mean the other two dozen?
  • Options
    azzanhurazzanhur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The good news: That dev got fired.

I don't know exactly, but he's actually working as a bus driver...

34973824.jpg
  • Options
    homicidalyahtzeehomicidalyahtzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You mean the other two dozen?
    Specifically stamina. I had high hopes for this game. Leave it to PWE to treat the community poorly, have a poor pricing system, and punish anyone willing to point out exploits. If they had more money, I'd say they're almost as bad as EA.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if you don't like the condition of the game in Open Beta , feel free to leave and come back when they officially launch the game . Untill then stop creating the same bs threads all over the forums , noone cares if you're butthurt or not .
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Well if you don't like the condition of the game in Open Beta , feel free to leave and come back when they officially launch the game . Untill then stop creating the same bs threads all over the forums , noone cares if you're butthurt or not .
    no valid point by this remark...ignored
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013

speak for yourself. i do care.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    well, no MMO i found with a clean slate, always have bugs, small or big doesnt matter. like one of the poster on other threat says, "client is on the hand of an enemy". the things that matter is how the GMs and Admins reacted to this exploit of bugs and how fast it is. account ban, rollback, character delete ... whatever. if it was too late, then the systems is failing.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if you don't like the condition of the game in Open Beta , feel free to leave and come back when they officially launch the game .
    they will never "officially" launch the game. why take the hassle, when you can slap a 4 letter word that basically means nothing at all, yet apparently works to shield from every and each of your massive screwups (with more coming, knowing Cryptic this is out of question)?

and tbh, I cant even blame them. they are doing what is the best for them when running a business. the blame is on the legion of braindead zombies not only not calling them out for that obvious bull...but even backing them up.
  • Options
    hardway01hardway01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Except you should care and care a great deal because this is the slow slide that leads to the death of MMO's. It starts with complaints, leads to people threatening to quit and over time ends up with an empty forgotten game that is no longer fun for anyone. If your a player who enjoys NWO you better care because you won't have a game to enjoy 6 months to a year down the line if the masses continue to bail out of a game they don't enjoy.
  • Options
    hir0yukiehir0yukie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    well, no MMO i found with a clean slate, always have bugs, small or big doesnt matter.

Thats not the point. The point is that they repeat the same mistake in 2 diffrent games. It's a fairly specific bug regarding the AH, it's not a coincindence.
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    people doesnt leaving
  • Options
    bakedpotardobakedpotardo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When people post the exact same stuff every day, pointing things out that are irreverent at this point like "hurr durr your last game had the same bug!" Do you think you are the chosen one and the only one who has this information, that no one else knows so you must spread the word and save everyone from the this awful company? After I've seen about 50 people say the exact same thing, it gets annoying.

I agree, it's ridiculous that the bug made it through to another game but what do you hope to achieve by pointing this out other than causing arguments and further dividing the community?

You're several days late and your "research" was a waste of your time.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sallee132 wrote: »
    people doesnt leaving

yeah, they sure dont son. now please go back to plugging your fingers on your ears and chanting "lalalala I cant hear ya"
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Actually, even poorly worded or derogatory feedback has value. Your post on the other hand, has no value. Cryptic and PW can defend themselves if they feel it is necessary, they do not need you to do it for them. They certianly do not need you shooing customers away.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    It is inexcusable and all we get for NOT exploiting is a friggin cape that takes up bag space which leads me to believe it's ANOTHER ploy for the cash shop.
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is inexcusable and all we get for NOT exploiting is a friggin cape that takes up bag space which leads me to believe it's ANOTHER ploy for the cash shop.

Do you believe in UFO's?
    Do you believe the government killed President Kennedy?
    Do you believe the government took out the Twin Towers on 9-11?

I bet you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013

Hey im sure theres people who *did* exploit and are thrilled with their cat/cape/apron whatever....... unless it was like pokemon and they had to catch em all.

I survived the catastrophe and guess what hom's............... I was part of the cause too..... har har!!!.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Theyll either never "release" it, or once it does release, it'll still be a bug ridden mess.