test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you complete epic frost giant, or even dragons?

whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Doing t1 without any problems... but only now i was been placed with a team who don't actually die on first boss in the frost giant lair. They was really good, we run trough all dungeon very fast, only to find out that boss now spawns tons of mobs that kill you in few hit... We tried to focus the mobs but they spawning faster then we killing them. We tried to focus the boss (oh well, i tried as tr, other team was trying to hold the mobs) but after 1 minute cleric or mage always died, there just too many of them, how do you finish that dungeons? Is it really the only way to raise difficulty - is spawning more and more creeps?
I do not even tried to go for the epic red dragon because i still cannot complete the normal one (same reasons, priest dies in the middle of battle).
Post edited by whisperofthemoon on

Comments

• immyzimmyz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As of right now you must have at least a proper cleric in any T2 dungeon to drop astral shield and drop heals on the team. It's not impossible, just need proper coordination and a good team. They are really not that tough with a proper team.
  • whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    But i do not even start that dungeons without cleric with astral shield. And last one was a good one, he always dropped that in fights, but creeps on boos was following him, and astral shield could not save him from all of them... because there is about 30 trolls and each one doing impossible damages.
  • theshadowbroker1theshadowbroker1 Banned Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is how to beat these fights:

Download any C++ IDE (like Bloodshed C++) and compile the following sourcecode by yourself:

Enjoy!

Code:
    #include <Windows.h>
    #include <iostream>
    #include <tlhelp32.h>
    #include <tchar.h>

using namespace std;

HWND windowhandle=0;

DWORD modulebase=0;
    HANDLE hopen=0;

HANDLE prozessauf();
    DWORD GetModuleBase(LPSTR lpModuleName);
    DWORD getadr(DWORD address, HANDLE hopen);
    void setadr(DWORD address, int value, HANDLE hopen);

int main()

{
    SetConsoleTitle("Neverwinter - Mageteleporthack - by Dragonef22");
    cout<<"Updated for 21.05.2013";

while(true)
    {
    hopen=prozessauf();
    modulebase=GetModuleBase("GameClient.exe");
    DWORD adress=0;
    DWORD teleportadress=0;
    adress=adress+modulebase+0x024F50B0; // GameClient.exe+startoffset
    adress=getadr(adress,hopen);
    adress=adress+0x244; // Offset Nr. 0
    adress=adress+0x6f8; // Offset Nr. 1
    adress=adress+0x18; // Offset Nr. 2
    adress=adress+0x9c; // Offset Nr. 3

teleportadress=adress+0x244; // Teleportresource

// Full Teleportresource = 1120403456 - set it
    setadr(teleportadress,1120403456,hopen);
    Sleep(1);
    }
    }

HANDLE prozessauf()

{
    HWND hwar3=::FindWindow(NULL,"Neverwinter");
    DWORD PID, TID;
    TID = ::GetWindowThreadProcessId (hwar3, &PID);
    HANDLE hopen=OpenProcess( PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS|PROCESS_TERMINATE |PROCESS_VM_READ|
    PROCESS_VM_WRITE,FALSE,PID);
    return hopen;
    }

DWORD GetModuleBase(LPSTR lpModuleName)
    {
    DWORD dwProcessId,TID;
    HWND hwar3=::FindWindow(NULL,"Neverwinter");
    TID = ::GetWindowThreadProcessId (hwar3, &dwProcessId);

MODULEENTRY32 lpModuleEntry = {0};
    HANDLE hSnapShot = CreateToolhelp32Snapshot(TH32CS_SNAPMODULE, dwProcessId);

if(!hSnapShot)
    return 0;
    lpModuleEntry.dwSize = sizeof(lpModuleEntry);
    BOOL bModule = Module32First( hSnapShot, &lpModuleEntry );
    while(bModule)
    {
    if(!strcmp( lpModuleEntry.szModule, lpModuleName ) )
    {
    CloseHandle(hSnapShot);
    return (DWORD)lpModuleEntry.modBaseAddr;
    }
    bModule = Module32Next( hSnapShot, &lpModuleEntry );
    }
    CloseHandle( hSnapShot );
    return 0;
    }

// Value eines Adresswerts auslesen

DWORD getadr(DWORD address, HANDLE hopen)
    {
    int value =0;
    ReadProcessMemory(hopen,(void*)address,&value,sizeof(value),0);
    return value;
    }

void setadr(DWORD address, int value, HANDLE hopen)
    {
    WriteProcessMemory(hopen, (LPVOID*)(DWORD) (address), &value, sizeof(value), NULL);
    return;
    }
  • blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, so you're giving someone a way to cheat the system?

Well done..
  • theshadowbroker1theshadowbroker1 Banned Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't take credit, but I will absolutely spread this around as far as possible since people are trying to keep it quiet so they can exploit the game with it.
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Too bad the game isn't even worth exploiting anymore.
  • jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unlimited rolls and teleports probably won't even help them beat the dungeons.
    edited May 2013
    You offer me to roll until booss and all the creep will grow old and die without my help?
  • darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How to beat:
    Giant - cleric kites, wizard or two kills archers (or rogue, depends who you have), and melee dps boss easily avoiding red circles every few seconds. Preferably 2x rogue on boss.

Karrundax - cleric drops circle to get aggro and tank while gwf and someone else clears trash out of him. 2 people dps boss. When cleric have too much adds on him probably around 25% and 50% of boss health everyone goes to dps adds. you only need to avoid wyrms as they are quite deadly with their attacks.

Spellplague - wizard and cleric push of all the mobs from map into lake, except in last boss stage you must kill most of them as they are unpushable. 2x rogue dps boss

you NEED a guild and team speak. you just cant go and pug it succesfully on first try. We wiped yesterday 3 timex on karrundax until we changed tactics. I was soloing spellplague last boss after our best rogue got pushed of the ledge into lake at 20%, adrenaline rush was incredible.
    edited May 2013
    I will never play in guild here because my english is bad and i cannot speak in ts, and really - nobody wants new players, i'l been spamming "Rogue 8500 lfg t2" all day and not a single person answered. So i need to find a way to do it with random players, because if all endgame content is for guilds ONLY - then i must leave game because i have nothing left to do here...
  • flyyawayflyyaway Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just completed the Karrundax one last night. You need a cleric. Ours died several times but the trick is to stay near them, both to revive them immediately and to try and kill the mobs that always attack him. One person pretty much tanked the dragon continuously while the rest of us tried to get the mobs, and in between the mobs would attack then dragon a few times. It took around an hour I think. So it was slow since we weren't all attacking the dragon much, but it worked. You also have to be quick on the move when you see the red rings around you.
    edited May 2013
    I will never play in guild here because my english is bad and i cannot speak in ts, and really - nobody wants new players, i'l been spamming "Rogue 8500 lfg t2" all day and not a single person answered. So i need to find a way to do it with random players, because if all endgame content is for guilds ONLY - then i must leave game because i have nothing left to do here...

I found a guild with people from my country as im not native either and i seriously dont want to listen to some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i cant speak as well as them.
    edited May 2013
    I'm speaking russian. Problem is - russia is banned in this game, players from this country cannot even register. And there is only few players who are not living in that country but speaking russian, like me. And most of them... well, you would like no never hear them speaking.
    And another problem - i already have a guild, but i using it as a additional bank, so i cannot leave it because i need some place for all my and my friend's (gf, no, he can't help a lot in that dungeons) items.
    edited May 2013
    So, i suppose that matching in this game is broken and you cannot complete t2 dungeons by using queue?
  • drunkndankendrunkndanken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Using queue is a very big chance you never get further than killing Pirate King. All other tier 2 need more teamwork and tactics. I never beat anything else but maybe other have better luck with randoms.
    edited May 2013
    I'm speaking russian. Problem is - russia is banned in this game, players from this country cannot even register. And there is only few players who are not living in that country but speaking russian, like me. And most of them... well, you would like no never hear them speaking.
    And another problem - i already have a guild, but i using it as a additional bank, so i cannot leave it because i need some place for all my and my friend's (gf, no, he can't help a lot in that dungeons) items.

Banning russians from this game is bull****.
    PWE should get **** together. WTF they were thinking.
    edited May 2013
    So, i suppose that matching in this game is broken and you cannot complete t2 dungeons by using queue?

Its the other way.
    Game is broken because you cant complete every instance unless you have perfect party for encounters.
    edited May 2013
    Oh, now i get it.
  • negnarlodennegnarloden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect party for encounters? 2CW 2DC TR. You easily do all the bosses with this combination. TR always on the boss solo, 2CW+2DC on the adds (killing them or kiting or getting rid of selected adds + kiting, depending on the boss). This setup clears all the T2 and Castle Never easily.
    edited May 2013
    Perfect party for encounters? 2CW 2DC TR. You easily do all the bosses with this combination. TR always on the boss solo, 2CW+2DC on the adds (killing them or kiting or getting rid of selected adds + kiting, depending on the boss). This setup clears all the T2 and Castle Never easily.

Thats what I mean by "perfect" party. You always can try to play without CW or DC but mostly if it will fail terribly on t2 if you dont have people that know how to play.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats what I mean by "perfect" party. You always can try to play without CW or DC but mostly if it will fail terribly on t2 if you dont have people that know how to play.

The game is new , expect people not to know " how to play " . Eventhough most bossfights require common sense only , puging T2 content is ridiculously hard even if you are geared . Chanses are 80% of your group will be full PvP vendor gear , no enchants nothing rolling Need on everything they see .

That's why people leave the game as we speak .
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Noobish question... once you level past a dungeon, can you go back and complete it? and is it worth it? I was on 5 or 7 grps to kill the dragon. dont recall the name, buts its green and spews posion I think, any rate wipe wipe wipe, mostly due to out of control adds.
    Even telling the group to focus down the adds, and then on dragon seems most just stayed on the boss. and 2 of us tried to handle the adds..its a lower tier for sure, but frustrating as I really hate not beating a zone.

Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrong thread.. sorry