test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not so Perfect World customer service

hungrybaboonhungrybaboon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I cannot believe that Perfect World would send me a customer service survey asking about my experience with their agent....

Well, since I cannot tick any of the multiple selection boxes because they all ask about my experience with an agent. I guess ill post it on the forum.

All I got was an automated message that pretty much says that I've lost my diamonds and that I wont get them back. No agent contacted me and it's seems to me that u don't give a **** that players had paid real money for diamonds that just suddenly vanish so we have to buy more. I cant even trust putting things on the AH now because I may lose it, and buying more diamonds that disappear seems like a scam! If this happens with any other MMOs I play, u get your currency back or compensated in some way and somebody actually talks to you. Instead I get a rubbish automated message days later! YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON EXISTENT!

was anybody's account resolved? was anybody compensated?

this is what I'm referring to:

Hi, I've just been trying to receive my astral diamonds for some auctions that I had up and I got mail saying that my auctions had been successful though the mail didn't contain any astral diamonds. This happened to approx 10 items. I deleted the mail messages as they didn't contain any astral diamonds. I'm not sure what to do from here, please contact me for further instruction, many thanks.

and this is Perfect World response:

Hello

Unfortunately, due to the incredibly high volume of tickets sent in regarding Neverwinter, we have not been able to provide an answer to each ticket that has come to us individually.

You are receiving this automated message to inform you that your current ticket is being closed. We are doing this to prevent your issue from being lost in "Ticket Limbo." We at Perfect World Entertainment are dedicated to providing you with a satisfactory experience both in game, and with regards to Customer Support.

If you are still experiencing the issue that you originally ticketed in about, please submit a new ticket to us and an Agent will look in to it as soon as possible.

This is an automated message, and any responses will not be received by a Customer Support Agent. Please direct all information to your new ticket.

We're truly sorry for this inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards helping all of our customers to the best of our ability.

Perfect World Support
Check out our latest game, Neverwinter!

Where is ticket limbo? Is it a dungeon that I can run and loot my customer service agent from?

Post edited by hungrybaboon on

Comments

• teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cannot believe that Perfect World would send me a customer service survey asking about my experience with their agent....

Well, since I cannot tick any of the multiple selection boxes because they all ask about my experience with an agent. I guess ill post it on the forum.

All I got was an automated message that pretty much says that I've lost my diamonds and that I wont get them back. No agent contacted me and it's seems to me that u don't give a **** that players had paid real money for diamonds that just suddenly vanish so we have to buy more. I cant even trust putting things on the AH now because I may lose it, and buying more diamonds that disappear seems like a scam! If this happens with any other MMOs I play, u get your currency back or compensated in some way and somebody actually talks to you. Instead I get a rubbish automated message days later! YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON EXISTENT!

was anybody's account resolved? was anybody compensated?

this is what I'm referring to:

Hi, I've just been trying to receive my astral diamonds for some auctions that I had up and I got mail saying that my auctions had been successful though the mail didn't contain any astral diamonds. This happened to approx 10 items. I deleted the mail messages as they contained any astral diamonds. I'm not sure what to do from here, please contact me for further instruction, many thanks.

and this is Perfect World response:

Hello

Unfortunately, due to the incredibly high volume of tickets sent in regarding Neverwinter, we have not been able to provide an answer to each ticket that has come to us individually.

You are receiving this automated message to inform you that your current ticket is being closed. We are doing this to prevent your issue from being lost in "Ticket Limbo." We at Perfect World Entertainment are dedicated to providing you with a satisfactory experience both in game, and with regards to Customer Support.

If you are still experiencing the issue that you originally ticketed in about, please submit a new ticket to us and an Agent will look in to it as soon as possible.

This is an automated message, and any responses will not be received by a Customer Support Agent. Please direct all information to your new ticket.

We're truly sorry for this inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards helping all of our customers to the best of our ability.

Perfect World Support

Where is ticket limbo? Is it a dungeon that I can run and loot my customer service agent from?

same silly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happen to me, I just submitted a ticket again with all the same info lol, this time I added that since I did try to fix this using their in game method if this cant be fix in the next few days I would contact my Credit Card company.
  • homicidalyahtzeehomicidalyahtzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest you contact your CCC sooner than later. This is why they won't take American Express : because getting your money back rightly from PWE is next to impossible. There have been, in the past, compromised accounts that have made illegal purchases, with evidence, and PWE still refused to grant the majority of refunds.
  • azuregateazuregate Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Call your bank, make an application for a chargeback. You paid for something you did not receive. Your attempts to receive what you paid for were ignored and refused by customer support. You are within your rights to take your money back and force PWE to lose their sale.

One thing you will have to note, if you do this, your account will be banned by PWE. No way around it. Unfortunately, there is no way PWE will reply to your tickets, their customer service does not exist.
  • czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    Hello

Perfect World Support

I just... don't... waaait... what? I can't even begin... Don't know... Screw that.

facepalm.jpg

Regards,
    Kalantris
    edited May 2013
    Apparently ticket closing > ticket limbo. :rolleyes:

And they somehow try to sell this as a good thing for you, the customer.

In reality, it's a cost saving method to serve their own cheap asses by forcing customers to have to make tickets over and over and over again until they're replied, in hopes that most will give up and get tired of making them, which most will. As a result, reducing the amount of work their reps actually have to do.

PWE's greed and lack of care for their customers has no bounds.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I suspect it's a case of "O god we have millions of tickets to sift through, and 90% of them are WHY MY CHARS LOOSE LEVL? or complaints about celestial bloody coins, so rather than sit and spend months working through them, let's close them all, let the submitters know this so they don't just sit around twiddling their thumbs, and anything actually important will get submitted again".

If you know your issue HASN'T been addressed, you know to resubmit. If they hadn't told you, and had left it open, it could've been months before you got any response. This way they sort the wheat from the chaff pretty quickly.
  • thegrudge21thegrudge21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Perfect World Support
    Check out our latest game, Neverwinter!"

that part made my day lol

You shouldn't be surprised, they're just going to ignore everything until everyone forgets or leaves. Shame though, the game had potential.
  • hungrybaboonhungrybaboon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azuregate wrote: »
    Call your bank, make an application for a chargeback. You paid for something you did not receive. Your attempts to receive what you paid for were ignored and refused by customer support. You are within your rights to take your money back and force PWE to lose their sale.

One thing you will have to note, if you do this, your account will be banned by PWE. No way around it. Unfortunately, there is no way PWE will reply to your tickets, their customer service does not exist.

Cheers for that info azure, I have no problem with donating my first purchase to this great game. I just want to know if it's going to happen again? I'm still to afraid to put any epics on the AH in fear of AD disappearing again. PWE hasn't given me any assurance that it wont nor actually contacted me in any way.
  • xylithanxylithan Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Wow that's the response they gave you? It's funny, I was looking at spending some real money on this game, but after looking at how bad their customer service is, I don't want to risk it.
    edited May 2013
    Cheers for that info azure, I have no problem with donating my first purchase to this great game. I just want to know if it's going to happen again? I'm still to afraid to put any epics on the AH in fear of AD disappearing again. PWE hasn't given me any assurance that it wont nor actually contacted me in any way.

We can't predict the future so there's really no sure response to this. With the horrid instability this game has faced and the devs' penchant for letting enormous exploits go on for days though, it's not farfetched to believe something just as devastating could happen in the near future.

My advice is, if you don't have too much of an investment into this game, take your money back asap and find one that's actually worth supporting. This game will only cause you frustration and disappointment.
  • hungrybaboonhungrybaboon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Perfect World Support
    Check out our latest game, Neverwinter!"

that part made my day lol

You shouldn't be surprised, they're just going to ignore everything until everyone forgets or leaves. Shame though, the game had potential.

yeah, I had to add that part lol
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    I suspect it's a case of "O god we have millions of tickets to sift through, and 90% of them are WHY MY CHARS LOOSE LEVL? or complaints about celestial bloody coins, so rather than sit and spend months working through them, let's close them all, let the submitters know this so they don't just sit around twiddling their thumbs, and anything actually important will get submitted again".

If you know your issue HASN'T been addressed, you know to resubmit. If they hadn't told you, and had left it open, it could've been months before you got any response. This way they sort the wheat from the chaff pretty quickly.

It is insanity to do the same thing and expect a different result. They didn't change the report system, but they expect it to somehow be different now that they have wiped all the tickets? How is a player who followed all procedure, submitted a ticket, and waited patiently supposed to believe that they are not going to get the same result the next time they submit a ticket if nothing has changed in the reporting process?

This is very poor customer service, and you can't spin it away.
  • gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This has been my experience also. The lesson I have learned is - don't give them any money. I've bought Zen to begin (along with the $50 pack) and used it to buy items with but now I realise I could lose any purchase i make and nothing would be done about it.

There basically is no Customer Service beyond an auto-responder and a guy whose job it is to press the Delete All tickets buttons every now and then.

I tell a lie - I did submit one ticket, detailing my problem and detailing all the steps I'd taken (having read the FAQ's etc) 'so please don't just refer me to the faq answers'. And the reply? Do you really need to be told? I don't believe any human read the ticket - an auto-responder picked out keywords and spat back a canned reply.

So, poor customer service (and I count not having adequate resources in place to deal with an entirely predictable demand in this category) has turned me from a potential goldmine into an FTP leecher. There's no way that cutting costs by leaning out Support to the point of non-existence makes any sense. Especially for a company with a stable of FTP games I might be interested in. As I was first quite impressed with NW I started playing STO but now I'll be treating that as a pure FTP game.

This approach to support is penny-wise and pound-foolish.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and if the ticket system is too problematic try direct email

customerservice@perfectworld.com

subject field- accounts- ingames sale- what ever it is,

then fill in the deteails.

alos the ticket system went cactus about a week ago and they lost a load of tickets.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mrdc0ymrdc0y Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It could be worse, you could get suspended for 3 days for partying with "dungeon exploiters" as a healer, get told to submit a ban dispute ticket on their support site that you can't log in to because your account is flagged as "banned," end up having to toss them an email because phone support is down on the weekends, and never actually manage to make contact with anyone before your suspension is lifted... but yea... those exploiters got what they deserved right?
    edited May 2013
    mrdc0y wrote: »
    It could be worse, you could get suspended for 3 days for partying with "dungeon exploiters" as a healer, get told to submit a ban dispute ticket on their support site that you can't log in to because your account is flagged as "banned," end up having to toss them an email because phone support is down on the weekends, and never actually manage to make contact with anyone before your suspension is lifted... but yea... those exploiters got what they deserved right?

wow I would just quit and try every day to get my money back if they did this to me....wth is wrong with this company. Make sure to tell your side of the story on websites like MMORPG because a lot of us read them. If this stuff was posted about PW on that site I would have NEVER put a dollar into this place...wtf PW
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    teethx wrote: »
    wow I would just quit and try every day to get my money back if they did this to me....wth is wrong with this company. Make sure to tell your side of the story on websites like MMORPG because a lot of us read them. If this stuff was posted about PW on that site I would have NEVER put a dollar into this place...wtf PW

Never assume that a forum post from somebody about why their ban was unfair tells the entire story. Sometimes it does, but usually it doesn't. There was a particularly enlightening exchange one weekend on Reddit where an Arenanet GM showed up and started rebutting such tales from GW2 people. For privacy reasons he shouldn't have, and most games won't, but this guy knocked down many tales of woe where people claimed to have done nothing wrong, and he pointed out they were doing things like spamming racial epithets in zone, etc.

Perhaps the above poster really did do nothing wrong; but don't assume so just because he wrote a paragraph stating it.
  • drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    The Founder Program ends soon. Become a Founder now before it's too late: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Never assume that a forum post from somebody about why their ban was unfair tells the entire story. Sometimes it does, but usually it doesn't. There was a particularly enlightening exchange one weekend on Reddit where an Arenanet GM showed up and started rebutting such tales from GW2 people. For privacy reasons he shouldn't have, and most games won't, but this guy knocked down many tales of woe where people claimed to have done nothing wrong, and he pointed out they were doing things like spamming racial epithets in zone, etc.

Perhaps the above poster really did do nothing wrong; but don't assume so just because he wrote a paragraph stating it.

fair point, and I really wouldn't think much of this post if similar things had not happen to me personally. I really supported this game in hopes it would do well, which it has IMO. The problem seems to be the company that is backing the product and not producing the product. If they are underman and overwhelm then I can understand to a point but not speaking to the public letting them know they have no intention of just ignoring the important tickets would be nice; they have shown other wise just from my point of view.

The business model they are using deals directly with real money exchange and causes a TON of problems if it is lost because of bad programming, if this occurs they should accommodate those that have lost anything because of it. Once again instead they choose to ignore the problem and continue to take the money with out fixing the issues at hand. By far this is the worst experience I have had with a MMO ever because of the fact real money was involved and I have not even received a email telling me what they want to do instead they delete the ticket and tell me to resubmit....this is close to criminal business practices and should have been dealt with asap but have not.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What a new and exciting thread, especially since there are currently 6 on the main page.