test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UGC] Tale of a key-losing Rat

tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Short Code: NW-DLNI2LJDW

Help Madame Irma stop the Evil Sorcerer Ashadaai from getting a powerful yet misterious Artifact from the Ivory Tower!

Join forces with memorable companions and meet colorful characters on your journey!

Kill powerful beasts and dangerous creatures!

This is the first part of a Three-quest chain. Keep in mind that at this moment, only the first quest is ready for publication!

And remember: Have fun!

screenshot_2013-05-12-15-32-13.jpg

Version 1.7
A cryptic message was left for you at the Central Job Board at the Protector's Enclave. Will you check it out and accept this adventure?
Balance of contents: Lore 30%, Exploration 20%, Combat 50%.

Features:
Various difficulty levels, should you come alone - or with friends.
First part of a three Quest campaign complete with a Mad Sorcerer, a Whiny Wererat, a Strange Seer and much, much more.

Difficulty:
Quest is not overly difficult, and most mobs outside can be bypassed.
When needed Ranvidaa, the Keeper of Balance, will allow you to choose the difficulty level!
Group: solo / 2 / 3 + depending on difficulty choice.

So this is my first quest, finally ready for publication! I would really appreciate if you could play it and leave some review/sugestions! Thanks :D

v1.1
A few Transition texts missing were added - no more go to the next map!
Tuned down the solo difficulty for the last boss.
Removed traps from quartermaster room entrance that were preventing companions from entering.
There was a bug that would remove the quest temporarily from the journal. Zoning would solve it, but it would render the quest unfinishable if you did not zone. To overcome it, passing through PE was removed and you got directly into the shop.
A new map and encounter was added.
Ending changed so the key removed from players inventory. Since dialogs cannot make objects dissapear, a urn and little event was added.
The wolf cave was changed to show that their inhabitants are not used to visitors, instead of just staying there as if waiting for intruders (like a regular dungeon). This way it feels more like their home.
Corrected a few spelling errors pointed out by @Stebss, thanks!
Changed the wording on a quest.
Reduced the number of mobs on the second half of the dungeons. (after getting the key, some encounters will dissapear making the ordeal more manageable should you go on. Going backtrack will still leave the path empty for faster progress.)
Changed illumination on the cave. Now its all done by hand.
Added some details on the cave.
New transitions fixed, interact animations reduced and text fixed since the text needs to follow click F to...
Big grammatical corrections thanks to @atiaxi! ^_^
There was still an instance where Madame Irma was being adressed as a drow. She changed to being a Moon elf quite some time ago.
Corrected all the non capitalized i's. Had no ideia it was such a big deal xD
Everglow map was cut in half to answer to the feedbacks saying it was a bit under populated. Since it is a large map and i had a forest, and a road/wall going around it, the budget of 1500 items was totally spent, so I was unable to place anything else.
Now part of the map is inaccessible but this allowed me to place more details on the half that is used. Second part of the campaign will also play there, but mostly on the other half of the map, so I'll try to play with this to keep the places visited as colorful as possible.
Corrected more typos.
Moved the dagger for easier use.
Removed the guarding node from the Gatekeeper.
Everglow Lake zones tuned, added mountains.
B/W effect on last boss changed to sepia (shadowfel) as the telegraphs aren't visible on B/W.
Corrected a few typos and changed some models.
Madame Irma's Shop was revamped, now its a lot more personalized!
Mobs from the storage area can now follow you out. No more cheesing! ^_^
Post edited by tabris82 on

Comments

• tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *reserved*
  • zefrimexzefrimex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just reviewed your quest. I gave it 5 stars. It was very fun. Good dialogue, good fights. I liked the balance of a serious plot with some comedy. The biggest critique I have is the typos and grammatical errors. I reccomend just playing through with an eye on reading all the text carefully and take notes. I think they are all mistakes you will catch on your own if you play through with the proofreading in mind. Great overall!
    The Pack Man
    NW-DE76NJPYV

A mysterious merchant hires you to dispose of four ghosts haunting a nearby castle. Enjoy this short adventure that pays homage to a classic arcade game. I'm sure you will be able to guess which one.
  • zefrimexzefrimex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, I had a question. How did you make evrything turn black and white during the last wolf fight? Was that an ability of the monsters or an effect? I wanted to have flashbacks in a quest I am working on and havng everything go b&w would be perfect.
    The Pack Man
    NW-DE76NJPYV

A mysterious merchant hires you to dispose of four ghosts haunting a nearby castle. Enjoy this short adventure that pays homage to a classic arcade game. I'm sure you will be able to guess which one.
  • tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello zefrimex, thank you for your review, i'll do my best to find the errors but i promise you i already read it lots and lots and some keep passing me by xD

The black and white is an fx object that you can place and when the camera enters it, everything becomes black and white. i dont recall the name but i'll edit this post with it later. The said object is 500x500 so its quite big, it only appears during the last boss fight tho so thats why only during that time does the ambient becomes black and white.

You have other effects too like everything turning white, or black and with some different colors :) Good luck!

edit: it is called Skyfade - Black and white
  • ryaskryask Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just finished your quest absolutely worth 5 stars and a tip :)

Best features:
    House decor
    Cave decor
    Story
    Dialogue options
    ability to change difficulty level

Could use improvement:

The forest could use some more decorations I think it seemed really sparse
    could have done with a few more mobs
    some grammar and wording issues but not so many that it's distracting

Overall Fantastic job I loved it!