test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion Bug

dskiperdskiper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello. On the screenshot you can see that I have two brids flying around me, but there should only be one. This happened when I logged in, before I logged out last time I had sent my companion on training and when I logged in today my companion was flying around me, but I noticed there wasn't a icon of my companion next to my characters.
When I decided to re summon it, I ended up with two companions.

Untitled.jpg
windows screenshot tool

Edit: It seems that after changing locations my companion return to being only one.
Post edited by dskiper on

Comments

• rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    this happen to me recently too. I send my companion to training and I'm logging off. when I log on I got a companion with no head icon. I dismiss him and summon again, 1 companion and 1 head icon. but, when I load different map/location I got 2 companion instead of one, its gone after I load map again.

ps: I got a request regarding of the companions. I request so companion can be summon multiple at once, 2 max maybe. because I feel a bit pointless to have 3 companions active slot yet only one I can summon, yes it useful when 1 go training so I can use another but still other than that its useless.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This has happened to me in the Blackdagger Ruins zone on several characters
    I have not encountered it in any other zone.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • ventsiiventsii Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm it too. It happened to me twice - seems to happen when you send your companion training and log out. Exactly as described by original post.
  • forumrozeforumroze Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed to happen in Protector's Enclave too.

The companions do not disappear just by reloading the map. I went back and forth to Protector's Enclave over 20 times until I came back to the instance where I had seen my companion clone. She is stuck in instance #27 in Protector's Enclave, no other instances.
  • forumrozeforumroze Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Steps to reproduce:

0. Dismiss your companion.
    1. Send your companion training (level up).
    2. Log out while the companion is away. Note exactly where you're standing and which instance you're in.
    3. Log back in after the companion's training is finished. Your companion will be there, waiting for you. Move around and it will move with you. Note which instance you're in, in case it changed.
    4. Open the companion UI, notice that your companion is supposed to be dismissed. Summon it.
    5. Now you have two companions. One with a blue name, one with a green name. If you move around they will both follow you.
    6. Dismiss your companion. Only one of them disappears, the other keeps following you.
    7. Change to a different instance. Run back to the place where you last saw your companion clone. It's not there.
    8. Change back to the original instance. Run to the place where you last saw your companion clone. The clone will be standing there, but it will no longer follow you if you move.
  • zer0ghostzer0ghost Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had the same issue, I sent my companion for training then logged off, came back online, and it was summoned (returned) however no icon on the top left. I then summoned my healer, and she got summoned like normal, however the first companion was still up, and following me around. And seems to be active (fighting wise) however, doesn't receive exp.