test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's really good to see

stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The population on dragon 32 instances in PE all with over 150 players, I guess the sky isn't falling after all, Zone chat is crazy though since the AH isn't up yet.

Curious as to to pops on MF and BH.
Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
Post edited by stormdrag0n on

Comments

• Options
    somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    Apparently no one wanted to verify this but i'm definitely done with this game, fortunately I'm not blinded by cover ups and I did passionately care for the D&D title not the companies involved in it's production, I've actually sent a email into Wizards of the Coast over this and if there's 32 completely filled servers... I assume that's normal before the problem but 4800-6000 players no where near something to "Brag" about at launch there was over 100 instances and last week into the 80's
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Apparently no one wanted to verify this but i'm definitely done with this game, fortunately I'm not blinded by cover ups and I did passionately care for the D&D title not the companies involved in it's production, I've actually sent a email into Wizards of the Coast over this and if there's 32 completely filled servers... I assume that's normal before the problem but 4800-6000 players no where near something to "Brag" about at launch there was over 100 instances and last week into the 80's

All games have a drop off after launch. No mmo (other than wow) keeps their entire starting population or close to it. Name a single mmo that has and I'll post proof that it didn't. There's always a massive drop off after people try out the game especially one that's free. 4800 players is quite a bit for ONE server to have on at any existing time. No mmo has their "ENTIRE" game population on at once. People live in different time zones, get on at different times, some people play for 2 hours and log off before others do the same thing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    All games have a drop off after launch. No mmo (other than wow) keeps their entire starting population or close to it. Name a single mmo that has and I'll post proof that it didn't. There's always a massive drop off after people try out the game especially one that's free. 4800 players is quite a bit for ONE server to have on at any existing time. No mmo has their "ENTIRE" game population on at once. People live in different time zones, get on at different times, some people play for 2 hours and log off before others do the same thing.

yeah just a coincidence that it went from 80 to 30 with all the problems and yesterday people bragged about 12?
    Coincidence bro... No one cares about the longevity and health of this product which is why they're against fixing it if it causes them to do some additional work... It's a shame, was actually a fun game and I hope many games hijack their combat system and function there's the exact same... it was truly a blast but I can never support a business that values a $ over possible refunds over saying we made a mistake.... even though we said this... we love our game and want everyone to have a balanced experience.

Then again people made a decent argument someone could spend 7,000$ in Zen and recreate a imbalance and I guess that is actually true... very unlikely but very true... someone could.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yeah just a coincidence that it went from 80 to 30 with all the problems and yesterday people bragged about 12?
    Coincidence bro... No one cares about the longevity and health of this product which is why they're against fixing it if it causes them to do some additional work... It's a shame, was actually a fun game and I hope many games hijack their combat system and function there's the exact same... it was truly a blast but I can never support a business that values a $ over possible refunds over saying we made a mistake.... even though we said this... we love our game and want everyone to have a balanced experience.

Then again people made a decent argument someone could spend 7,000$ in Zen and recreate a imbalance and I guess that is actually true... very unlikely but very true... someone could.

Yes it did drop after the exploit but that has to do with bad word of mouth etc. There's people who literally believe the trolls and have stopped playing. People who honestly believe the current economy is broken but don't understand what an economy is. There isn't massive inflation. Astral diamonds still maintain their worth. A single piece of gear doesn't cost 250-1000 dollars. Look at D3. THAT is a broken economy.

People are all freaking out about a myth.
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The population on dragon 32 instances in PE all with over 150 players, I guess the sky isn't falling after all, Zone chat is crazy though since the AH isn't up yet.

Curious as to to pops on MF and BH.

At release Champions Online used to have 120 instances of its main zone with at least 75 persons in each, most reaching the 100 cap. 2 months later there was only 30 of them, with maybe half of them full.

I hope it'll goes differently for this game but it'll depend on what kind of support Cryptic gives to it.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mindflayer seems as populated today as it was Saturday, maybe a bit less.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Yes it did drop after the exploit but that has to do with bad word of mouth etc. There's people who literally believe the trolls and have stopped playing. People who honestly believe the current economy is broken but don't understand what an economy is. There isn't massive inflation. Astral diamonds still maintain their worth. A single piece of gear doesn't cost 250-1000 dollars. Look at D3. THAT is a broken economy.

People are all freaking out about a myth.

If you have proof of the myth even though it is a fact the exploit existed since open beta started and it is a fact the exploit existed many months ago in STO and anyone who knew about it and also played NWO would of course known to try it... other than those facts... if you have evidence showing Cryptic fixed everything please share it... I'd love to trust this game again but there is no evidence... it's just blind faith.
  • Options
    kissell19kissell19 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013

Lol so you sent an email to someone who has nothing to do with the game, other than the title being D&D
  • Options
    vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    How can you see the number of instances?
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a "cheer up the population is fine" thread...
    in a F2P game...
    not even 1 month after release...

holy jesus, this has to be a world record, in 15 years of online playing I have never seen such a sad attempt at damage control from a fanboi...and the game is basically given away for free LOL.
    I have seen this kind of threads in P2P games before, usually after the 3 to 6 months mark...in a F2P game? AFTER ONE MONTH? no sir no

this sure escalated quickly. looks like some people are getting insanely nervous and desperate out there :rolleyes:
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are people that just like to play the game, for fun. Since people enjoy all kinds of different fun. Not to be troubled if some "game economy" takes a nose dive. Probably it's just selected few that are mortally wounded of catflood...
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    There are people that just like to play the game, for fun. Since people enjoy all kinds of different fun. Not to be troubled if some "game economy" takes a nose dive. Probably it's just selected few that are mortally wounded of catflood...

It's kind of hard to have fun while not using AD at all.
    Problems in the game economy DO affect most people, but it remains to be shown that NW economy is in such a state.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    a "cheer up the population is fine" thread...
    in a F2P game...
    not even 1 month after release...

holy jesus, this has to be a world record, in 15 years of online playing I have never seen such a sad attempt at damage control from a fanboi...and the game is basically given away for free LOL.
    I have seen this kind of threads in P2P games before, usually after the 3 to 6 months mark...in a F2P game? AFTER ONE MONTH? no sir no

this sure escalated quickly. looks like some people are getting insanely nervous and desperate out there :rolleyes:

Fear mongering also makes things escalate quite quickly. (so does trolling, unless such parties are wise enough to ignore)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas