test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hell L60 Control Wizard PvP Video (2v1)

famexx1famexx1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
Hey guys/gals, I wish there was more variety to the pvp content in Neverwinter but alas I have to make do with what's available. I also agree that CW are currently overpowered and the glacial knife daily needs to be tweaked down in damage. I hope you all enjoy the video and please let me know what you think.

L60 Control Wizard PvP Video! <--- Link
L60 Control Wizard PvP Feat/Power Guide <--- Link

Ty!
Post edited by famexx1 on

Comments

• Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When they come to nerf us, they won't tweak the damage on Ice Knife. They'll make Eye of the Storm only affect at-wills.
  • Options
    daliraxdalirax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know eye of the storm is only a 5% proc chance, it is strong but not overly so.
  • Options
    cevzycevzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    famexx1 wrote: »
    Hey guys/gals, I wish there was more variety to the pvp content in Neverwinter but alas I have to make do with what's available. I also agree that CW are currently overpowered and the glacial knife daily needs to be tweaked down in damage. I hope you all enjoy the video and please let me know what you think.

L60 Control Wizard PvP Video! <--- Link

Ty!

PC specs? Sony Vegas or After Effects to render? :o
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cevzy wrote: »
    PC specs? Sony Vegas or After Effects to render? :o

Edited with Sony Vegas 12 professional / Recorded with Fraps!

PC is a Maingear - i7-3960x / 32 GB Ram / 3x GTX 680s / 1200 PSU -

I'll release a video highlighting all the details.
  • Options
    carnaflex17carnaflex17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great pvp vid, you hit like a truck and outplay rogues which is always fun. Can i ask what gear you're running with?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Great pvp vid, you hit like a truck and outplay rogues which is always fun. Can i ask what gear you're running with?

Thx, the gear doesn't make a big difference - it's the weapon / armor enhancements that are awesome.
    Stats themselves give very minor gains - but do make a difference if they're all properly capped out.
    Biggest difference is the enchantments!

Shadow Weaver Set - Court Magister Weapon Combo

Slavemaster Rings / Belt

Fugitive Neck
  • Options
    trenfentrenfen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which weapon/armor enhancements do you run with?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Soulforged (Immunity @ 25% insanely OP)
    Plague Fire (45% Defense Debuff - great DPS boost)
  • Options
    mystflamemystflame Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I noticed that in your video, you said that you put Azure into your offense, and Radiant into your defense. Was this a typo? or for real?
  • Options
    m0ltres23m0ltres23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very nice video. How much did your build cost you???? At least $500
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mystflame wrote: »
    I noticed that in your video, you said that you put Azure into your offense, and Radiant into your defense. Was this a typo? or for real?

For the offensive slots you can go Silvery (Recovery) Azure (Crit) or Radiant (Power) - My recovery is soft capped from gear and power scaling sucks so I chose Azure stones for Offensive slots cause crit is awesome.

Now for the defensive slots you can go Silvery (Deflect) Azure (Defense) or Radiant (HP) - Again I prefer the raw HP over the other stats, there have been some close fights where the HP stones have given me the advantage over my enemies.

In the utility slot I use Dark (Movement) as this is the only viable stone to use... Unless you want glory / xp bonus that the others provide.

In terms of soft caps I'm content with recharge bonus / crit above 40% - beyond that diminishing returns get worse but I don't think there is a "hard" cap on stats but your gains at higher numbers won't be that great.

In the end it comes down to what you feel comfortable using! Use your imagination and be creative, in the current state the builds are sort of "bottle-necked" but in the future I hope they add more versatility to the different paths.
  • Options
    laferrarilaferrari Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    famexx1 wrote: »
    For the offensive slots you can go Silvery (Recovery) Azure (Crit) or Radiant (Power) - My recovery is soft capped from gear and power scaling sucks so I chose Azure stones for Offensive slots cause crit is awesome.

Now for the defensive slots you can go Silvery (Deflect) Azure (Defense) or Radiant (HP) - Again I prefer the raw HP over the other stats, there have been some close fights where the HP stones have given me the advantage over my enemies.

In the utility slot I use Dark (Movement) as this is the only viable stone to use... Unless you want glory / xp bonus that the others provide.

In terms of soft caps I'm content with recharge bonus / crit above 40% - beyond that diminishing returns get worse but I don't think there is a "hard" cap on stats but your gains at higher numbers won't be that great.

In the end it comes down to what you feel comfortable using! Use your imagination and be creative, in the current state the builds are sort of "bottle-necked" but in the future I hope they add more versatility to the different paths.

whats better vorpal or plague fire enchantment?
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not saying you're not good but you have to be playing against under skilled and/or under geared players to not be dying 2 vs. 1. GF can block dash and crit for 22k and no way are you going to get the GF and TR down to 0 after that. Not to mention players from the guilds like POS such as lawbster@lawbie, arinori@alorosPL. Gram@hyrrok6, Gunba@gunbahaha, and Spooh@spoohtheone, who camp spawn points in the hotenow pvp area. All you can do there is spam time steal as soon as you pop and direct them off with maelstrom but they'll hop right back up. > < I do enjoy the advice, well made videos.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    marvelousjmarvelousj Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well at least you are not using Repel and Shard of the Avalanche. I don't understand why people use them. I go lets say 23/3 and they go 4/11 with Repel and Shard. Did you see me cast either of those when I killed you 7x? No? Then why do you keep using them. I guess there is other people out there who are actually good at CW too. I have never really seen them and its rare. I stomp everyone in every match even if we loose by a ton cause my team is bad.

Gear helps but skill is more important. My gear is average I would say and I am #1 every match and win about 9/10 and it is mainly because I kill the whole team. The only thing that can stop you is chain entangles or entangles and rogues back stabbing you.

Good job though and now I have confidence there are other good players out there. I was starting to get worried.
  • Options
    marvelousjmarvelousj Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elminban wrote: »
    Not saying you're not good but you have to be playing against under skilled and/or under geared players to not be dying 2 vs. 1. GF can block dash and crit for 22k and no way are you going to get the GF and TR down to 0 after that. Not to mention players from the guilds like POS such as lawbster@lawbie, arinori@alorosPL. Gram@hyrrok6, Gunba@gunbahaha, and Spooh@spoohtheone, who camp spawn points in the hotenow pvp area. All you can do there is spam time steal as soon as you pop and direct them off with maelstrom but they'll hop right back up. > < I do enjoy the advice, well made videos.

Under gear is nonsense. I can put on all blues and greens and kill everyone. Gear helps but it is not mandatory. I was super worried when I first hit 60 that I would get destroyed cause I had no purple items. After the first match that was over with when I dominated yet again with way lower GS then everyone.

Learn how to time you dodges better and what order and when to use certain skills.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Repeal is an amazing interrupt that is also good at pushing the healer away from the group so they have to run back and kills healing time. Also, it is good at knocking players off of perches so melee can get to them.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    marvelousj wrote: »
    Well at least you are not using Repel and Shard of the Avalanche. I don't understand why people use them. I go lets say 23/3 and they go 4/11 with Repel and Shard. Did you see me cast either of those when I killed you 7x? No? Then why do you keep using them. I guess there is other people out there who are actually good at CW too. I have never really seen them and its rare. I stomp everyone in every match even if we loose by a ton cause my team is bad.

Gear helps but skill is more important. My gear is average I would say and I am #1 every match and win about 9/10 and it is mainly because I kill the whole team. The only thing that can stop you is chain entangles or entangles and rogues back stabbing you.

Good job though and now I have confidence there are other good players out there. I was starting to get worried.

I've had a bad experience using Shard spell, half the time it doesn't even work properly. Repel on the other hand is a situational ability that can be very good if use properly. I have more an aggressive play-style and I prefer to keep the enemies close and off balance by utilizing heavy damage and quick CC. The gear in this game is also not completely over-tuned, because of all the soft caps on stats there isn't much of a big difference between low level sets, and high level sets (sides the set bonus).

What does give you advantage are the enchantment stones (weapon/armor) / utilizing the right build that works for you / and blink - most people do not utilize their teleport enough and that's what gets them killed, you have to preemptively avoid enemy attacks to avoid their CC/Big hits while keep damage output / cc on them to keep them pressured. Use what works for you, I swap in different abilities all the time, these are just the ones I use most of the time.

I also like how the stomping works in this game - it royally SUCKED in Guild Wars, person went down and become a raid boss that you had to burn down lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Repeal is an amazing interrupt that is also good at pushing the healer away from the group so they have to run back and kills healing time. Also, it is good at knocking players off of perches so melee can get to them.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elminban wrote: »

Yup repel is pretty good IF it's used properly, sometimes I'll be overwhelmed by a group of enemies and an enemy mage will repel me to safety. Majority of mages I fight use the spell improperly and it actually works against them.
  • Options
    tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whats your Ability Scores?
  • Options
    zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With some skilled opponents and a nerf to Ice Knife, this wouldn't be so entertaining.

PvP is in sad shape when someone can be crit for 90-100% of their health. It takes no skill to nearly one shot someone with an IMBA spell.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Whats your Ability Scores?

You mean gear score? It's at 12408.