test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is more than 1 point in Cleanse overkill?

cireous04cireous04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
In the highest level content (T2 dungeons), playing a cleric healer, is 1/3 cleanse enough or are you better off with 3/3?

What is the consensus?

Looking for replies from people doing this content, specifically, and who have tried both 1/3 and 3/3.
Post edited by cireous04 on

Comments

• laccottelaccotte Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1/3
    Bountiful fortune>>>
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    one point is perfect with 4 in building divine power

I am speced for 10% more heals with seal 5% debuff, AoE heals on critical heals or damage = to 15% of critical PBAE at target of critical, so the amount of small heals going off is nuts making it proc a lot even with 10%.

You seal target, guy hits target your heal crits from him hitting target 15% of that heal is PBAE on him+ astral shield regen+ any other heals = lotta cleanse with 10%. 1 point cleanse 4 points building divine power all the way.
  • t3hc0rr0d3rt3hc0rr0d3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd prefer 2 points, anyway there's a difference between PvE and PvP: for PvP 3 points are a MUST.
  • lim3yylim3yy Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd prefer 2 points, anyway there's a difference between PvE and PvP: for PvP 3 points are a MUST.

I'd have to disagree. It works on your AoE's so there's a pretty good chance that you'll hit a lot of people and get a couple cleanse procs. Depends how you build of course too, but I only have 1 point in it and it serves me pretty well.
  • t3hc0rr0d3rt3hc0rr0d3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact is that in PvP your team'll have far more debuffs than in PvE dungeons.
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Being able to build 2 pips of divine power in the CD time of astral shield lets you keep the shield down indefinitely as well as having another divine encounter handy every cycle "if your attacking and not trying to kite which I find easier"
  • cireous04cireous04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any other opinions?
  • suparstarxsuparstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It goes off a lot at even 1/3. Don't go over it. Stick your points elsewhere.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't PvP much, but I only put the one point in it. Just not necessary to put more than one for PvE.
  • zierzozierzo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then from a feat point perspective only, going human doesnt seems to me like a great deal, because bontiful fortune 5/5 & cleanse 3/3 were the best place to invest that 3 extra feats, you can virtually get the same benefits from a 1/3 4/5 cleanse & bontiful (divine power generation is not an issue with first righteous feats anyways). Looking at previous tiers of heroic feats I doesnt find a filler to really justify more points that any other race could do ... what do you think?

PS: Sorry for the "semi offtopic"
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use 2/3. I could have gotten away with 1/3 but I didn't have enough experience to sort between the two. 3/3 for pvp seems reasonable, but I think you could get away with 2/3 in pvp as well.