test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account was wiped?

natataishiinatataishii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So my friend tries to login to play and found his account devoid of characters, one of them hilariously named "Nigel Thornberry". 30+ hours of progress, down the drain. And no, he was not one of the AD exploiters. Anyone care to lend me a hand in figuring out why this happened?
Post edited by natataishii on

Comments

• Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Nigel Thornberry"

Dear god....

Tell him to get his family and move out of the country NOW.

\tumblr_maglz1I8xb1rtdwtbo1_500.gif
  • Options
    inflamezlolinflamezlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like the dude got hacked from what you are stating.
    inflameziinew.gif
  • Options
    natataishiinatataishii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, that sucks. I was hoping maybe he was an unfortunate victim in the exploiter wipes and that we could get his character back, but I guess I gotta wait unto a dev or something stumbles across this.
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, that sucks. I was hoping maybe he was an unfortunate victim in the exploiter wipes and that we could get his character back, but I guess I gotta wait unto a dev or something stumbles across this.

Your friend will need to contact support.
    They won't discuss another person's account with you, and definitely not on the forums...
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tell your friend to contact support
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duckmorgan01duckmorgan01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is it possible to get banned for something other than the AD exploit ? I just hit 60 on my main account like 3 days ago had 2 epics and around 30k AD from praying an selling some blues .. no AD exploit hell I didnt even knock enemys off a cliff ... any other ways to get banned that i dont know about ???
  • Options
    inflamezlolinflamezlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Well their was a slight chance of innocents getting randomly banned during the ban wave as confirmed in a post from one of the employees, in such a case you would have to contact support Duckmorganthefirst.
    inflameziinew.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    is it possible to get banned for something other than the AD exploit ? I just hit 60 on my main account like 3 days ago had 2 epics and around 30k AD from praying an selling some blues .. no AD exploit hell I didnt even knock enemys off a cliff ... any other ways to get banned that i dont know about ???

Performing OTHER exploits? But if you're banned, you'll know it. You'll receive an e-mail etc... and if that's the case, contact support since discussing you ban on the forums is a no no. (And if you were mistakenly banned, contact support...)

inflamezlol What is that GIF in your sig from?
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this a serious post? Of course you can get banned for other things.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Haha your reponse gave me a good laugh.

I am assuming you are talking about the game nullwolf1. It is called leauge of Legends. Making plays all day.
    inflameziinew.gif
  • Options
    failpatchfailpatch Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    Performing OTHER exploits? But if you're banned, you'll know it. You'll receive an e-mail etc... and if that's the case, contact support since discussing you ban on the forums is a no no. (And if you were mistakenly banned, contact support...)

inflamezlol What is that GIF in your sig from?

No they won't send an email. They will just ban you from all their games and that's it. They won't respond because they don't need your money. They make plenty from the crazies who spend $200 on mounts and keys.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    failpatch wrote: »
    No they won't send an email. They will just ban you from all their games and that's it. They won't respond because they don't need your money. They make plenty from the crazies who spend $200 on mounts and keys.

It will probably depend on what the ban is for then... I know yesterday there were a few people talking about it, but in retrospect those were all billing-related bans. (chargebacks etc...)

Other bans, you'll know about when you attempt to log in?
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

For once, I actually agree with nectarprime! :) This person is a moron asking if they can get banned for using other exploits. WTH is wrong with these people?