test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Confirmation: AH bids still active?

bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Logged in this morning to find a "You have won an auction" mail in my box for something I bid on a while ago.
Are the auctions still active behind the scenes? This could be a major problem since most of the price wars happen in the last hour/two.
Did anyone else get this?
(I didn't have time to report it and at work now so can't log in...)
Post edited by bringerofreddawn on

Comments

• nausumnausum Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    They're evaluating the past history in blocks (lets say perhaps, 1 hour blocks), as one block is verified for legitimate trading, it is committed, and that's why you're getting past auctions. There's no danger you might buy an item twice, since all the stuff that was in the AH is 'in transit', and you can't buy more stuff until all AH blocks are comitted
  • frozenxilefrozenxile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nausum wrote: »
    They're evaluating the past history in blocks (lets say perhaps, 1 hour blocks), as one block is verified for legitimate trading, it is committed, and that's why you're getting past auctions. There's no danger you might buy an item twice, since all the stuff that was in the AH is 'in transit', and you can't buy more stuff until all AH blocks are comitted

You have no clue what the problem is. The problem is that people list purple things for 1 AD starting bid with a buyout of say, 750,000. Right before 5:20 am the current bid might have been 3400 AD with 2 days left. Today an item worth 750,000 AD is sent to that 3400 bidder because the auctions are still ticking behind the scenes.

That's what OP is concerned about, and myself as well.
  • macchinmacchin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I listed a T2 Cleric helm before the "incident." I've sold 3 for 1.5-2m ADs each. I had one on the AH with a bid for 515k, and I received the measly ~490k ADs in my mail today. It's a bit upsetting. I'd much rather just have my item returned to me. I can't imagine how many other people had similar/worse things with their auctions.
  • bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    macchin wrote: »
    Yes, I listed a T2 Cleric helm before the "incident." I've sold 3 for 1.5-2m ADs each. I had one on the AH with a bid for 515k, and I received the measly ~490k ADs in my mail today. It's a bit upsetting. I'd much rather just have my item returned to me. I can't imagine how many other people had similar/worse things with their auctions.

This is what I was afraid of. I don't recall how much time my bid had left so it's theoretically possible it ended right before the rollback...but I also had a full list of things for sale, most with very low bids since I start most of my items at 25 AD to avoid paying commission.
  • macchinmacchin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'm sure most people do this. Maybe if enough attention is brought to it, Cryptic might reverse the bids, but I don't know how difficult that would be and it seems unlikely in any case. I guess it's just another hit to the legitimate players that there's nothing we can do about.
  • bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    macchin wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm sure most people do this. Maybe if enough attention is brought to it, Cryptic might reverse the bids, but I don't know how difficult that would be and it seems unlikely in any case. I guess it's just another hit to the legitimate players that there's nothing we can do about.

It should not be too hard to just freeze the AH. I'm not sure why they considered the auctions active when...surprise...the AH is not accessible to users.
    The problem is that they started sending the items/AD out now...and that's much harder to reverse and would probably require some kind of rollback (which is unlikely to happen).