test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gwf a fun class to play

mofugga9mofugga9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Gwf is so cool and easy to get in to t2 parties with yea really.
The class is so awsome every dungeon group wants atleast 2 of them.
Or not :( no one wants to play with us anymore we are a weak and dying class...
Post edited by mofugga9 on

Comments

• Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF compared to TR at low levels: GWF seems to do less damage, takes more in return, goes through more potions, & is less enjoyable to play.

CW is GOD-like compared to either one, in the early game.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    ravkratravkrat Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no worries we shall be viking gods once more >:D
  • Options
    illumine007illumine007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I detect a bit of sarcasm in your post, but I have to say that I do legitimately think the GWF is fun to play. There is something satisfying about rushing into a group of orc minions and watching them turn into orc butter almost instantly. I've found it exceptionally easy to solo all of the main quest missions.

But in terms of party play (I have not reached 60 yet), in my limited experience I'm always woefully behind the TR's and CW's in overall DPS. The only folks I can seem to out-DPS are the other GWFs. I know this has a lot to do with build/gear, but I hate to think that I must play my class with the absolute 'perfect' stats and 'perfect' spec to be anywhere near effective...there is no margin for being creative with the builds. This kind of goes against what D&D is all about (among other things.

History dictates that there will be a huge 'balance pass' in the coming months where GWF will get a well-deserved buff. When that happens, perhaps GWF will be FOTM and those of use who have already leveled them will be ahead of the pack. :P
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    At lvl 50, I find myself quaffing more pots than I did in the 40's and 30's. However, I don't see any problems witht he class yet. I play a bit harder now, using some actual gamplay tactics to mitigate damage after my companion drops. But I am still able to solo most content without issue.
  • Options
    tcorneliu01tcorneliu01 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes. same feel that i eat a lot more pots and i had to chance my companion from tank to cleric cause i couldnt keep up with the upkeep. not to mention that good gear is either scarce / expensive (below lvl 50 at least, and i am focusing on lethal berzerker blue set). but it's fun and i still have a lot to lean.