test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Music still not working. :(

tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Title says it all, really. This is kind of upsetting. I want people's first impression of my quests to be optimal.
Post edited by tilt42 on

Comments

• apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :( sorry to hear this Tilt, that sucks :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This disappoints me greatly as it not only affects music, but all placed sounds.

This hurts deep.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ****. How about the "Dialogue reached" crash bug in the Foundry? Did that get fixed at least?
  • demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    How many people keep the game music enabled? From my own personal survey, most of my friends cut out in game music pretty quick and play their own music instead.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I always have all sounds enabled.
  • badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    ****. How about the "Dialogue reached" crash bug in the Foundry? Did that get fixed at least?

The crash is fixed.
    As for the audio issue, this is not a foundry specific issue. We are working with several groups to get it addressed.

Hang in there!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Awwwwwwwww......... Hope you cure the voice of foundry soon!
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How many people keep the game music enabled? From my own personal survey, most of my friends cut out in game music pretty quick and play their own music instead.

I do too most of the time, but through the betas music was a big requested feature in comments in my quests. Of course this bug also affects placed sounds (pull chain sound where there is none for example) which kills the immersion.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • kimbyrkimbyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The music and sound effects in game need to be addressed very soon, so hope this issue will be taken care of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes I noticed my background sounds in my tavern work fine in the foundry but just like beta the sounds are not present after publishing it last week. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon, it adds so much to the atmosphere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I have my second quest ready to go - but holding off the publish until the sound/music issue is fixed. This is a bubble-bursting heartbreaker for me. :(

Though I know RoBoBo and the rest of the team are on it, I can only hope it's just this side of "showstopper" status.
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The crash is fixed.
    As for the audio issue, this is not a foundry specific issue. We are working with several groups to get it addressed.

Hang in there!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh you mean i can go back to building since it won't boot me out constantly.. YAY!!!
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • kairylkairyl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this still broken?
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please Cryptic, fix the sound ASAP! Thanks. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • xenopz1xenopz1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, though I dislike music in Foundry quests (for me it breaks immersion a lot) I really, really, REALLY think ambience and audio effects are at least a 40% of the experience.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, some music might be in-setting appropriate... like people playing music. ;)

And yeah, I plan to HEAVILY rely on audio cues and ambience.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • kairylkairyl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me too....No music for me makes my map feel boring. By the way does any one know how to make System text appear immediately after a creature is killed?