test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Im so glad it's only open beta!

bluebullblobbluebullblob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Oh man there are so many exploits used in this game i'm so glad it's only open beta.

wait... what? there isn't going be a wipe after open beta even after all these exploits that are ruining this game for legitimate players? But its in beta?!?!

WRONG!

You can't label this game "open beta" and not wipe the entire game after people have been taking advantage of said exploits. That what a beta is for, to expose the game to real life situation as if it were live so that problems like this do not exist when it counts.

I was really excited for this game to come out. True, the promise made by cryptic and PW made me take this game more seriously as opposed to if it were going to reset, but now that I have been made aware of these exploits I don't feel like playing this game at all. I am a person who gets very competitive both in games and sports. To see another person get away with cheating while I'm stuck here playing by the rules pisses me off.

Has the term open beta been changed over the past few years? if so disregard the entirety of my post.

Signed, a player who will never spend money on this game so long as other's can get exactly what I'm getting but through exploits
Post edited by bluebullblob on

Comments

• drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I feel like I'm watching a rerun
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have been in IT for over 20 years. I have never seen a unit test where we didn't clear everything out after testing.
    I am sure there are cases where you would not want to wipe but I never encountered said case.

I am not spending a cent on this game until AFTER it does go "Live".

Games are now gaming the gamer with the open beta status "but please gimme mah money" attitude.
  • mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Groundhog day! Why whine about the same subject. They promised that there was not going to be any character wipes after closed beta. Get over it, please!
  • bluebullblobbluebullblob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mn03 wrote: »
    Groundhog day! Why whine about the same subject. They promised that there was not going to be any character wipes after closed beta. Get over it, please!

So you're saying they were doomed from the start? or they were getting cocky about there own game?

whatever your argument may be I must give credit where credit is due. Regardless of what the majority of their fan base wants, they have kept their promise. GG
  • failpatchfailpatch Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's OK. However when you perma ban half your playerbase from every PWE game...err..testerbase for testing an exploit in a BETA you have officially acknowledged your cash grab is FULLY OPERATIONAL.
  • bluebullblobbluebullblob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems like we have a lot more views than replies, a penny for your thoughts?
  • giediprimagiediprima Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems like we have a lot more views than replies, a penny for your thoughts?

I agree with your original post.

They can only redeem themselves with a full wipe, these exploits have been too vast to be rectified by a superfluous roll-back, it's like keeping a dying man on life support.

Forum is full of jaded white knights that'll defend this truly abysmal cascade of failures to their death bed. Don't waste your time.
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    OMG I'm so glad it's only BETA too! Once all the bugs get worked out they can wipe and launch a perfectly polished game! YAY! Oh wait...
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once money started changing hands, beta was over. The word beta is now a semantic adjective only, used as an excuse by a very small but loud percentage of appologists who will blindly defend at all costs, to the point where any feedback about making the game better is responded to by being told if you dont like it stop playing.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mn03 wrote: »

The butthurt over someone having more then them is unbearable. I hope they will keep their promise and quit the game soon only to go rage over exact same things in next f2p mmo.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seems pointless to keep talking about it. They are not going to wipe. They've lost players because of it. They've lost players because of all the down time. They've lost all the players they banned. Not understanding their logic, but there it is.
  • rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    They call it a Beta But Ban people For testing Bugs that they find ......(What ?)

They Call it a Beta but are not going to wipe even though they knew something like this may happen since its still in a testing (so called Beta) phase

They just wanted to start earning money so they made it a launch and slapped a beta tag on it
  • flybynight2112flybynight2112 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They call it a Beta But Ban people For testing Bugs that they find ......(What ?)

There's a great big VAST difference between finding a bug\reporting it and EXPLOITING THE HECK OUT OF THAT BUG UNTIL YOU GET CAUGHT.

If you can't see the difference, there's always grade 7 to look forward to.
  • rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    There's a great big VAST difference between finding a bug\reporting it and EXPLOITING THE HECK OUT OF THAT BUG UNTIL YOU GET CAUGHT.

If you can't see the difference, there's always grade 7 to look forward to.

that is what a BETA is for finding things that can be exploited, fixing things before a so called Launch

and yes i am looking forward to 7th grade