test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this possible?

cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I just Posted my first dungeon!

I had a room where npc's and monsters spawned immediately and then the npc's followed the player until completion of objective. The room itself has an ambiance. After that objective is complete I made it so different monsters spawned into that room so when the player ran back thru it, it wouldn't be empty.

CAN I ALSO TRIGGER THE ROOM AMBIANCE AND LIGHTING TO CHANGE TOO? Didn't seem to be possible.

All you foundry gurus please try my dungeon and let me know what you think!
NW-FPLPM4G

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    To my knowledge you cannot. You set the backdrop and you are stuck with it. Only way I can think of to change it is:
    Map A - they run through with backdrop A
    Map B - they have to zone out and do something
    Map C - duplicate Map A, change ambiance, repopulate appropriately.

If anyone knows a better way...???
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cnynridr2 wrote: »
    I just Posted my first dungeon!

I had a room where npc's and monsters spawned immediately and then the npc's followed the player until completion of objective. The room itself has an ambiance. After that objective is complete I made it so different monsters spawned into that room so when the player ran back thru it, it wouldn't be empty.

CAN I ALSO TRIGGER THE ROOM AMBIANCE AND LIGHTING TO CHANGE TOO? Didn't seem to be possible.

All you foundry gurus please try my dungeon and let me know what you think!
    NW-FPLPM4G

Thanks in advance.

You can not (to my knowledge) change the Room ambience/backdrop settings via trigger. That said you can insert a sound effect on it's own that can be affected by triggers and thus have one active on the first pass, and the same trigger that respawns mobs can despawn first sound and enable new one.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah that trigger might just do it!!

Thanks.
  • vinarianvinarian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a foundry mission that uses a fog effect that is cleansed through the use of a fountain, which could kind of change the ambiance in a room, can't remember the name of the mission, but if you search for "Gloomlight" it should come up, not sure how the author managed it though
  • cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea I tried smoke fx too. I had the final boss room with a NPC that you talk to and then a smoke effect to show the npc changing into a monster.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited May 2013
    You can also make interior map with no light sources at all. Then use only placed FX details for your dynamic lightning. Combined with placed details like smoke and fog it can change ambience. All those objects are placeables and can be turned on or off by quest objectives.

Look for details with descriptions saying things like "dynamic FX" or "dynamic lightning". Torches are often made in this way.