test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Each "major exploit" they fix, there are many more still being used...shoulda wiped

johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Each time they fix a major exploit that thousands of players used to majorly screw over the game and auction house, there are more still active ruining the game for weeks before they listen and block them.

- They stopped the foundry XP exploit, but people were using an unlimited share quest to lvl up in 1 hour lvl 4-60 for a week more.

- They stopped the share quest exploit, but people were using the GF one hit boss kill exploit to gain hundreds of purple items and solo T2 dungeons.

- They stopped the GF exploit and then you have this latest exploit that was going on all along letting players have millions of free AD and Zen.

Who knows how many other exploits are still going on allowing all of this stuff to happen.

Its game breaking, server breaking stuff that makes a legit player not care to ever spend a dime on the game and makes the game feel cheap as everything you are doing, you know some cheater has doen it faster and with 100x the treasure and little to no effort(time).

They needed a complete server wipe. This is beta and we found all of these game breaking exploits and who knows how many more exist.
Post edited by johnny305 on

Comments

• youlookfatyoulookfat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You mean the teleporting and memory injections that are being used? Those don't exist.. please move along...
    Robb Stark is killed at the Frey wedding and his head is sewn onto his wolf..
    Jon Snow ends up leader of the wall and his own men kill him...
    Tyrion kills his father with a cross bow...

Can't spoil books that have been out for years.. enjoy the show!!
  • adeyoadeyo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    youlookfat wrote: »
    You mean the teleporting and memory injections that are being used? Those don't exist.. please move along...

Or the plain stupid bugs and exploits mentioned here - http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/

I mean really, damage not stacking properly with enchantments that allow you to instantly kill anything? It's the GF bug on a group scale, that works for everyone in the **** group.

Take down this game.
    Wipe
    Fix bugs
    Bring it back up
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    Each time they fix a major exploit that thousands of players used to majorly screw over the game and auction house, there are more still active ruining the game for weeks before they listen and block them.

- They stopped the foundry XP exploit, but people were using an unlimited share quest to lvl up in 1 hour lvl 4-60 for a week more.

- They stopped the share quest exploit, but people were using the GF one hit boss kill exploit to gain hundreds of purple items and solo T2 dungeons.

- They stopped the GF exploit and then you have this latest exploit that was going on all along letting players have millions of free AD and Zen.

Who knows how many other exploits are still going on allowing all of this stuff to happen.

Its game breaking, server breaking stuff that makes a legit player not care to ever spend a dime on the game and makes the game feel cheap as everything you are doing, you know some cheater has doen it faster and with 100x the treasure and little to no effort(time).

They needed a complete server wipe. This is beta and we found all of these game breaking exploits and who knows how many more exist.

Cryptic the game's designer has already said many times that there will not be a character wipe between Open Beta and Neverwinter's release so stop kicking the dead horse... /sigh

Neverwinter is in Open Beta with bugs and game imbalances EXPECTED to be found and corrected before the game is released. Cryptic should focus their time fixing these issues instead of worrying about digital gift boxes, etc so we can focus on getting back into the game and testing it. I don't understand why some game testers are having such as difficult time with this concept... /shrug
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea this is by far the worst Open beta I have ever been in and I have tested well over 50 major MMO releases. Never have seen such a great amount of server altering, game breaking exploits in a game like this one.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So, by this logic, you suggest we have a complete wipe once a week, probably for as long as these servers are online?

Interesting.
  • rakeleerrakeleer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Cryptic the game's designer has already said many times that there will not be a character wipe between Open Beta and Neverwinter's release so stop kicking the dead horse... /sigh

I understand your point, but "shut up" is not a rational argument.
  • estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if your game has so many major bugs, you should tone down on the Zen Market thing or release it when the game is ready.../shrug

Nope, lets do it with steep pricing on everything and also founders/guardian packs.../sigh
    edited May 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    So, by this logic, you suggest we have a complete wipe once a week, probably for as long as these servers are online?

Interesting.

The game is in beta, when you find game breaking things during a beta, yes WIPE!!

If a person fears the wipe, then don't play the game until it is RELEASED. A beta is for this testing, finding things that ruin a game and then erasing and trying again until the game works and does not have these problems.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If there are a bunch of other exploits still going on, then what would a wipe do to help? wouldn't it be better to wait?
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The game is in beta, when you find game breaking things during a beta, yes WIPE!!

If a person fears the wipe, then don't play the game until it is RELEASED. A beta is for this testing, finding things that ruin a game and then erasing and trying again until the game works and does not have these problems.

I see that PW's propaganda has taken full effect on you.
    edited May 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    If there are a bunch of other exploits still going on, then what would a wipe do to help? wouldn't it be better to wait?

In beta tests, they wipe many times. This game needs to be wiped until there are no more MAJOR exploits that have been used on any characters.

Minor things are ok, but things that change the whole economy with millions of zen being added to accounts by the thousands and allow thousands of alts to reach lvl 60 in hours, etc. cannot be allowed.
  • eag1epoopeag1epoop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not sure how any of these exploits are game breaking.. they haven't affected me one bit except for the downtimes which I'm fine with during a beta.

they're only game breaking if you think they affect how you play the game which would only happen if you were using the exploits and they patched it out from under you. ;)
  • proyodaproyoda Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea this is by far the worst Open beta I have ever been in and I have tested well over 50 major MMO releases. Never have seen such a great amount of server altering, game breaking exploits in a game like this one.

as an old eq 1 player i only can tell +1
    it isnt the "beta"(when really it is a shoftlaunch) withmore bugs or xploits but it is the beta with more gamerbeakign xploit that i never have seen
  • gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I mean this in the most sincere way, if you don't like bugs, exploits, game hacks, RMT, etc. You shouldn't play any online games period.

No matter if it's a FPS, MMO, F2P there is gonna be the above. At least as you pointed out, they are fixing them.
    ~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
    H.P Lovecraft style Horror
  • jacknilljacknill Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man you really love making anti-Perfect World threads. If you feel so strongly about it why don't you play for now with the 'broken' economies and then make new characters when they open up new servers? It is that easy. The appeal of this game isn't the same appeal of a typical MMORPG like WoW. The fun is in the the gameplay, the map, the story and not in the loot. Hell if you want to you could hit 60 in two days from just doing PVP.

Leveling means little in this game and even if the AH did become destroyed it would still be worth playing.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

broken-record2.gif
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    Wipe because some people got to 60 in a day?

LOL.

Everybody who wants 60 that bad will get there in a week without exploits. People got there in less than 30 hours WITHOUT cheating.

That is the least sensible reason for a wipe that has been presented at any point so far. I salute you, sir; you've lowered the bar to negative numbers. Via the Gateway obviously.
  • fwank2k9fwank2k9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the number of things they are tracking data wise a wipe would probably be rather detrimental to the bug solving process, sure it would create game balance and make some players happy, and the exploits would still be there for the picking. At this point I think it's better to let the game run and let the exploiters have a field day with it, so they can be found and removed.

There are active exploits and bugs in every game being played, you can read any game forum out there, someone will be complaining, threads filled with rants will exist...this is just a new game with new players who think that they are important and entitled and deserving, why the open beta tag is a handy thing, you can point to it and say, it's not the release yet, adjustments are still being made.

As far as their commitment to not wiping, I still believe that to be a mistake, I hope they correct it sometime before the game goes into a full release. I for one will simply shrug, and respend my zen, and start doing things over again with the awareness that having done content before will give me to correct earlier mistakes.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey legit players! Stop complaining! You are getting a cat cape for free!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    hey legit players! Stop complaining! You are getting a cat cape for free!

best money I ever spent, I'd much rather have that than my zen back from the now useless diamonds I converted them to weeks ago in the hopes of them getting me a little more zen back as the game settled in without a series of major exploits including this one that created diamonds of out of thin air like moses.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • moradinsballsmoradinsballs Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »

Interesting.

That made my day!
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    In beta tests, they wipe many times. This game needs to be wiped until there are no more MAJOR exploits that have been used on any characters.

Minor things are ok, but things that change the whole economy with millions of zen being added to accounts by the thousands and allow thousands of alts to reach lvl 60 in hours, etc. cannot be allowed.

WOW, Millions of Zen?

Millions?

to thousands of different accounts???

Hyperbole much?

And having multiple level 60 alts is game breaking how?
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe lol... never - while 1-2 thousand might agree to this and continue playing - they will lose everyoen else, mainly ll the Free players who worked asses off.

Why dont you just say that " wipe so i get all my zen i wasted of failed boxes back".

So.. lets wipe.. ok... but u wont get zen refudned - you already used the products you bougth for it, there wasnt " can use indefinetly" in its description.
    You still want a full wipe now? NO.
  • robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    best money I ever spent, I'd much rather have that than my zen back from the now useless diamonds I converted them to weeks ago in the hopes of them getting me a little more zen back as the game settled in without a series of major exploits including this one that created diamonds of out of thin air like moses.

I didn't know Moses could do that. Dude that guy was awesome!
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013

it wont matter, for now. you said that before, new update = new exploit. IF they ready to act quick enough to stop people from exploiting the game, cause I believe bugs will always be there, even a smallest one, THEN full wipe can be the answer, but before that can happen, full wipe is nothing but reseting the problem to start a new problem + some people will quit cause of full wipe
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've reported many exploits and bugs but guess what most are still in the game. What's the point?
  • captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    Wipe lol... never - while 1-2 thousand might agree to this and continue playing - they will lose everyoen else, mainly ll the Free players who worked asses off.

Why dont you just say that " wipe so i get all my zen i wasted of failed boxes back".

So.. lets wipe.. ok... but u wont get zen refudned - you already used the products you bougth for it, there wasnt " can use indefinetly" in its description.
    You still want a full wipe now? NO.

free players didn't "Worked there asses off" they PLAYED there asses off (its a game not a job you played for FUN) .. people paying CASH MONEY .. WORKED there asses off (as in earned money they spent).