test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caturday Survivor Pack Gripe.

micabiggmicabigg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Overall, I think that the gesture is thoughtful and an entirely acceptable token of apology. I was looking forward to it suddenly appearing, until I noticed one little thing: The items are bound to affected characters.

I realize I'm probably in an extreme minority with this exact complaint, but I lost a significant amount of progress due to the rollback; I decided that if I was going to be redoing the entirety of an area already I might as well delete the character and reroll to fix somethings I was unhappy with. (Wanted to better distribute power points, be an orc instead of a halfling, get a better name, ect...)

So, I did all of that, and managed to complete just past were the rollback set my original character. I know 22 isn't a hard level to reach, but it was a /pain/ going through the tower district again, so getting up to blackdagger ruins felt like an accomplishment.

Anyway, my gripe, I don't get any pretty toys despite being as inconvienced as any other player. I am displeased.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not frothing mad about this, nor weeping silently in a corner. Instead, my reaction is best encapsulated by the phrase, "Well... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>."
Post edited by micabigg on

Comments

• lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    micabigg wrote: »
    Overall, I think that the gesture is thoughtful and an entirely acceptable token of apology. I was looking forward to it suddenly appearing, until I noticed one little thing: The items are bound to affected characters.

I realize I'm probably in an extreme minority with this exact complaint, but I lost a significant amount of progress due to the rollback; I decided that if I was going to be redoing the entirety of an area already I might as well delete the character and reroll to fix somethings I was unhappy with. (Wanted to better distribute power points, be an orc instead of a halfling, get a better name, ect...)

So, I did all of that, and managed to complete just past were the rollback set my original character. I know 22 isn't a hard level to reach, but it was a /pain/ going through the tower district again, so getting up to blackdagger ruins felt like an accomplishment.

Anyway, my gripe, I don't get any pretty toys despite being as inconvienced as any other player. I am displeased.

Neverwinter is in Open Beta with bugs and game imbalances EXPECTED to be found and corrected before the game is released. Cryptic should focus their time fixing these issues instead of worrying about digital gift boxes, etc so we can focus on getting back into the game and testing it. I don't understand why some game testers are having such as difficult time with this concept... /shrug
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Neverwinter is in Open Beta with bugs and game imbalances EXPECTED to be found and corrected before the game is released. Cryptic should focus their time fixing these issues instead of worrying about digital gift boxes, etc so we can focus on getting back into the game and testing it. I don't understand why some game testers are having such as difficult time with this concept... /shrug

With everything that's happened, they game will "release" with less players than the "Open beta" had.
    Let that sink in for a second, the game has released.
    If they're leaving us to test the game, give us no information apart from adding zen store items and only fixing exploits they're told about weeks before it goes viral,
    I understand why some game testers are having such as difficult time with this concept... /shrug

Anyway to OP you'll get an XP bonus, better than nothing I suppose.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Consider it as a memento. The XP bonus can also help you recover the progress lost.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also those characters are the ones affected by the day of the cat (Must make a foundry mission called that btw).
    Iam happy with it all :D
  • youlookfatyoulookfat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hell... it only took a few hours to play catch up since it was the second time through... no big deal. they tried to stifle people from crying. its amazing it still didnt work:) Greedy piglets:)
    Robb Stark is killed at the Frey wedding and his head is sewn onto his wolf..
    Jon Snow ends up leader of the wall and his own men kill him...
    Tyrion kills his father with a cross bow...

Can't spoil books that have been out for years.. enjoy the show!!
  • xahfarxahfar Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand your frustration and displeasure but this is the result of a decision you made before all the info was released about the gift pack. I lost quite a bit of progress as well seeing as how I get most of my gaming time in earlier in the morning (like right now which I unfortunately can't play due to more maintenance, oh well, the game needs fixing and I'll go for a bike ride) and I also thought about just re-rolling a character to make some tweaks. However, I chose not to, waiting to see how things were addressed before making such a decision.

I know it sucks feeling like you got left out but if you truly enjoy the game a few cosmetic and fluff items will not be game breaking by any means.
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Consider it as a memento. The XP bonus can also help you recover the progress lost.

Level 60. My lost progress is 12 T2 DD, 200 seals of the drake, 2 avatar of war pieces, 1 milion AD.
    Exploits i used? none.
    How to recover this? can't.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't they just make the packs account-bound and give out however many character slots each account has?

That way you can choose to hand them out to whichever of your charactes you want. After all, it was the players that survived the event, not really the characters.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am happy with the Caturday Survivor Pack. Perfect World has passed one of three tests that will determine whether or not they keep me as a customer. The other two tests involve the AD exchange, and I am still impatiently awaiting some update on what is going on with the AD exchange....

However, this package should have included at least one Celestial Coin as well. All five of my Toons lost at least 3 Celestial Coins.
  • jfromdahizzhousejfromdahizzhouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

How exactly do I beta test a zen store if i have to pay to test it? Face it, this game is not open beta but is just an incomplete release. Even Perfect World deems this game as RELEASED not OPEN BETA
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    Why don't they just make the packs account-bound and give out however many character slots each account has?

That way you can choose to hand them out to whichever of your charactes you want. After all, it was the players that survived the event, not really the characters.

Yeah hopefully the XP booster packs can be mailed to my alts. I have no need of it on my main level 60.
  • regnorvexregnorvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I continue to be amazed that people still insist this is a "beta" and that these customers are "testers" lol. When the game "releases", do you expect a "launch"? Imagine all the "release" customers showing up with most of the population at 60, the economy in full swing, the AH full of high end gear, what kind of "release" will that be? Calling it a "beta" gives them the freedom to have bugs without any accountability. If you can't see that, you're blind. I love the game and don't believe the sky is falling, lol, I'm still having fun. But let's stop deluding ourselves, ok?
    "Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    Level 60. My lost progress is 12 T2 DD, 200 seals of the drake, 2 avatar of war pieces, 1 milion AD.
    Exploits i used? none.
    How to recover this? can't.

It's a game. The goods are pixels. I lost 5 levels, gold, AD, 4 crafting levels, materials. You're not seeing me sobbing in the floor.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    micabigg wrote: »

Edit: To be clear, I'm not frothing mad about this, nor weeping silently in a corner. Instead, my reaction is best encapsulated by the phrase, "Well... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>."

I know how you feel, I deleted a my placeholder Cleric and rolled up a new one yesterday and was planning to use him as my new main. They really should just extend it to all characters created at the time the "reward" goes out. It's not like it's anything earth shattering anyway.