test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, This being my first real MMO

majorbpaynemajorbpayne Member Posts: 46
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
And we have a couple hours of downtime. I have a few questions so I can better help my team and become a better player. Hopefully some of you won't mind lending a hand to a weary traveler.

1. What is the "+2" "+3" "+4" next to an item represent?

2. How come a blue item with lesser stats and lower level is recommended over a green item with better stats and higher level?

3. Around what should my gear score be when I hit level 60 (To be sure I can competently enter end-game content without being a liability, as I've just recently realized you could equip two weapons ((The off-hand I thought you had to purchase or luck up and find, didn't know you could equip any player-specific weapon to it)))

4. What is more important for a DPS Rogue. Critical Strike or Armor Penetration? Also, I should try to get up as much power as possible and then start working on off-stats, correct?

Thanks to anyone who helps or even looks! I know some of these are probably really basic questions, but like I said, this is my first real mmo and I feel a bit behind the 8 ball about what's going on and confused by a few things. :)

Comments

• Options
    suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ou made a poor choice for your first " real " mmo lol
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry this had to be your first MMO.
    Recommended items aren't always the best, at level 60 when you're geared out you can still see items that say "recommended" it's pretty useless.
    When you hit 60 just run PVP and farm the gear set, it should give you enough GS to run T1 dungeons, then farm t1>t2.
    For a rogue rule of best would be to go power>crit>armor pen(2200) but be sure to have your crit chance at 40-50%
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    youlookfatyoulookfat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isn't a real mmo.. its hack and slash.. but its kinda fun.. Lifespan.. 1 month:)
    Robb Stark is killed at the Frey wedding and his head is sewn onto his wolf..
    Jon Snow ends up leader of the wall and his own men kill him...
    Tyrion kills his father with a cross bow...

Can't spoil books that have been out for years.. enjoy the show!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, Phaus! I suck at PvP so that's gonna be a complete DRAG to grind it out. But if it must be done, I shall do it!

And yeah this is my first "real" mmo, as far as i know. My first MMO ever was dc universe online. But that's not as in-depth as this game is. I'm assuming games like WoW and Diablo are much more in depth than this one.
  • Options
    youlookfatyoulookfat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually no... diablo has zero depth.. even less than this.. wow has depth.. but the playerbase is a disaster:(
    Robb Stark is killed at the Frey wedding and his head is sewn onto his wolf..
    Jon Snow ends up leader of the wall and his own men kill him...
    Tyrion kills his father with a cross bow...

Can't spoil books that have been out for years.. enjoy the show!!
  • Options
    igglypigglyigglypiggly Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    general advice: if youre in a party for a dungeon, skirmish, pvp, whatever, always keep an eye on your cleric. your cleric keeps you alive so dont let them get gang banged

+2-3-4 whatever is just enhancement to an item, +3 generally has more damage or stats than a same +2 item. i havent seen anything that allows us to upgrade the items ourselves so i guess you just have to find them like that.

the "recommended" tooltip seems to just be based on the items npc price. doesnt mean the item has better stats by any means.

id suggest looking at the rogue forums for stat distribution
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    general advice: if youre in a party for a dungeon, skirmish, pvp, whatever, always keep an eye on your cleric. your cleric keeps you alive so dont let them get gang banged

+2-3-4 whatever is just enhancement to an item, +3 generally has more damage or stats than a same +2 item. i havent seen anything that allows us to upgrade the items ourselves so i guess you just have to find them like that.

the "recommended" tooltip seems to just be based on the items npc price. doesnt mean the item has better stats by any means.

id suggest looking at the rogue forums for stat distribution

Thanks man! I appreciate the tips. I had a cleric, but I stopped playing for exactly that reason. I'd cast a spell and out of 10 adds, 8 of them would come directly at me and chase me lol. I couldn't hardly survive so I rolled over to a Rogue which is DPS, same as I played on DCUO. Now I'm having a blast. :D