test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bags

xart3misxart3mis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
well, its like the 1000 thread about this topic but I wanted to state my opinion.
I get the idea, giving 2 bags is just enough so it will be playable (somehow) but still not good enough - so people will buy THE ****ING 10$ BAGS in the shop.
but really, no other bags whatsoever? the least you can do is giving the option to craft a 8 slots bag or something.
Post edited by xart3mis on

Comments

• syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    You know, most of those other threads are still open, and could be posted to.
  • silverspritesilversprite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would personally be happy if they added a bag for the enchantments similar to the crafting one, that alone would save me a lot of trouble as the enchantments have taken up two of my three bags
  • xart3misxart3mis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    You know, most of those other threads are still open, and could be posted to.
    I know, couldn't found them - and actually, didn't bother looking too far. more threads = more chances something will change.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are 3 bags available for free in the regular game
    1 - default
    2 - complete blacklake story
    3 - complete neverdeath story

Annoyingly this does force you to do those two zones on every char less yo uwant to spend a ton of cash/diamonds.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would personally be happy if they added a bag for the enchantments similar to the crafting one, that alone would save me a lot of trouble as the enchantments have taken up two of my three bags

Or quartered the number of enchantment levels...

But putting them in another bag & putting all the 'bounty' crud in with the coins would be a great change!
    edited May 2013
    this.
    only the runestones fill my 2 extra bags + extra stuff (potions, scrolls, etc) and I have only about 2 rows of free space.
    if they added an enchantment bag - I would be more then happy.
  • disneffadisneffa Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    start a guild buy the first repository and use that for enchants thats what me and my friends did, its a shame tho u gotta buy the first repository.
  • deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    stop holding on to every trash item u get i got the default bags and i never had a problem with them being full
  • hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    The other threads are nearly impossible to find and read through with the rate people post on these forums.

I am in agreement BTW.

being able to function in game should not be about how much you spend, this also goes for respecs. They are taking away important functionality and demanding you pay real cash for them.

GW2 although the game play was lackluster at the end, had the best all around cash shop implementation I have ever seen. Gaming companies should take heed. IT is unfortunate that there are so many willing to pay insane amounts of money to play a "Free to Play" game. Simply because it has a "Free to Play" status.

I never EVER spent as much money on a sub based game as I am required to spend in a "Free to Play" game. It is ludicrous. Not only is it ludicrous but it is allowed by a gullible generation who were never taught the value of a dollar.

I mean seriously TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS for the founders? Are you serious? People are paying this??!! *facepalm* Do you all seriously have NOTHING better to do with your money? It is disgusting really. /endrant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alphanutalphanut Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you dislike the idea of spending real money in the cash store you could always just save up some AD and buy the bags in the AH no? Or convert AD to ZEN, and buy the bag in the cash store - whichever gives the better price I guess.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have 2x 1000 zen bags, and 6 character slots.... but i never paid a penny.

Knowing how to earn AD legitimately goes a long way to getting unlocks for FREE
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course, if they added an enchantment/rune tab like the crafting one, you wouldn't even need the second quest bag, and they'd never sell any more.

(at least up thru lv48, the only thing that's really strained my storage is enchants & runes. Solved that for $5 - bought 2 character slots, made characters named something vaguely like "Runes" and "Enchants", and I mail the stuff to them whenever I need to. They do all the combining. I then have one bag of holding that I mail around to whichever character is my "main" leveling/questing one at the time.)
    edited May 2013
    Right Zanthe. Good to know you have them. Which of course I'm sure you do. I mean, who would lie to make themselves look good right? lol, silly me to think someone would offer suggestions instead of bragging about what he "says" he has. ..LOL!
    Im a woman, I'm used to being lied about what men really have. Or how they got it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    alphanut wrote: »
    If you dislike the idea of spending real money in the cash store you could always just save up some AD and buy the bags in the AH no? Or convert AD to ZEN, and buy the bag in the cash store - whichever gives the better price I guess.
    well, other then spending hours in the AH and getting really lucky (which does not happen to me) I don't know any decent way to earn over 15k AD a day.
    the thing is - you maybe can do it, with lots of effort - but in my opinion in a decent game it would have been easier.
    (I do love this game very much, but im not gonna pay 10$ for a ****ing bag)
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    I have 2x 1000 zen bags, and 6 character slots.... but i never paid a penny.

Knowing how to earn AD legitimately goes a long way to getting unlocks for FREE
    Please, teach me. I didn't find a way yet.
    edited May 2013
    xart3mis wrote: »
    well, other then spending hours in the AH and getting really lucky (which does not happen to me) I don't know any decent way to earn over 15k AD a day.
    the thing is - you maybe can do it, with lots of effort - but in my opinion in a decent game it would have been easier.

No, see, that wasn't his point. His point was to get ppl to beg him for something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nix0rnix0r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Oh wow 10 bucks, I can buy a can of coke and a donuts for that an live like a king.
    edited May 2013
    nix0r wrote: »
    Oh wow 10 bucks, I can buy a can of coke and a donuts for that an live like a king.

a can of coke and doughnuts huh? ...a fat king maybe, with a sugar weakened immune system. (google it) LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ixsrixsr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you're complaining on a forum about paying 10 dollars for a bag? Why in the first place would you need a bag? There is more then inventory spots enough just don't pickup green items. You don't got the ID scrolls for it anyway at lvl 60 and selling unid items is worth nothing.
    If you're not even 60 then you're questing and get to a town every 5 seconds so whats the problem?

Anyway at 60 it is a joke how easy AD is to get. Dungeon Delves prolly gives me about 100-500k AD everytime if you run T2. Thats one of you're silly useless bags right there :P.

Anyways If you don't have the gear to run T2 do a few T1's get gear sell spare parts. It's rly easy..

If you don't like pve, fine. do some pvp during arena hour.
    You should be able to get atleast 4-5k during that hour. Buy some boots or a chest sell it for 40-60k AD.

Easy money without playing any AH and just playing the game normally.

edit : and if you're willing to play the AH u can triple your wealth in a few days.
    edited May 2013
    hallipo wrote: »
    Right Zanthe. Good to know you have them. Which of course I'm sure you do. I mean, who would lie to make themselves look good right? lol, silly me to think someone would offer suggestions instead of bragging about what he "says" he has. ..LOL!
    Im a woman, I'm used to being lied about what men really have. Or how they got it.

Its not about bragging, i not even hardcore at this game, its just lot small things soon add up to big things.
    Plus watching the market can make a big difference.

As for how I do it, its not even hard... I mostly focus on the leadership profession... mainly becuase its free income with no cost and no market dependancy at all...

second when i was starting out, the profession assets was worth a fortune, so i simply made lot them and sold them, price has dropped since however, but it was enough to get started with extra character slots.

main reason for focusing on leadership is thats its simple afk cash, just login to gateway every 3-4 hours and keep it running, it makes money for you, and if you unlock more character slots thats more long term free income.

Also don't waste AD on low level stuff, why enchant a item you throw away 5 mins later? better to upgrade or even sell the enchant.
    If you low on enchant scrolls, don't id items you cant use, just sell them.

Celestal prayer coins, always get the 7 day pack, and sell the contents unless your really desperate for what you get for some reason, they sell for a fortune especially the wards, you can always get more later when you need them and more established.

Also having more character slots give you access to more daily, you can get astral on serval characters even if you focus only on one character, you can then send the astrals to your main using the Astral Exchange, put it up for price nobody will pay, log other charac and cancel it, and then you stockpile all AD on 1 character.

They lot more things to add, but list will be too long, but you get the general idea.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a game forum, Not a place to talk about my mother-in-law.
    edited May 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    Its not about bragging, i not even hardcore at this game, its just lot small things soon add up to big things.
    Plus watching the market can make a big difference.

As for how I do it, its not even hard... I mostly focus on the leadership profession... mainly becuase its free income with no cost and no market dependancy at all...

second when i was starting out, the profession assets was worth a fortune, so i simply made lot them and sold them, price has dropped since however, but it was enough to get started with extra character slots.

main reason for focusing on leadership is thats its simple afk cash, just login to gateway every 3-4 hours and keep it running, it makes money for you, and if you unlock more character slots thats more long term free income.

Also don't waste AD on low level stuff, why enchant a item you throw away 5 mins later? better to upgrade or even sell the enchant.
    If you low on enchant scrolls, don't id items you cant use, just sell them.

Celestal prayer coins, always get the 7 day pack, and sell the contents unless your really desperate for what you get for some reason, they sell for a fortune especially the wards, you can always get more later when you need them and more established.

Also having more character slots give you access to more daily, you can get astral on serval characters even if you focus only on one character, you can then send the astrals to your main using the Astral Exchange, put it up for price nobody will pay, log other charac and cancel it, and then you stockpile all AD on 1 character.

They lot more things to add, but list will be too long, but you get the general idea.
    thanks for the long and informative post. would you suggest opening the 7 day celestal pack or selling it as it is?
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    I know, couldn't found them - and actually, didn't bother looking too far. more threads = more chances something will change.

As one of PWE's forum moderators (for another game, not this one), I can tell you, that is not even remotely true. In fact, more threads = less chance a dev will actually read your contribution; they tend to bookmark the "useful" thread on an issue and follow it.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For $5 you can get 2 more character slots. In-game mail all runes and enchants to a mule who can store them and combine them. Its a lot cheaper than buying 2 bags just to hold enchantments, and with mass mail not too painful to maintain after the first go. We need a mailbox at every zone entry camp, though. Like, a month ago on that.

I am not 100% sure.... are the quest reward bags bound? You might can make a trash guy, run to the first bag, mail it off, repeat?

You could just sell all your enchants to the vendor and buy one now & then off the AH. Even epic enchants are cheap due to lockbox mania.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

THIS!!! Please add an enchantment bag. Later in the game, you have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton. I already have the 3 bags in game + the $10 and it is not enough for me. The bank is a joke.
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    3 bags is more then enough to do everything you want. Im lvl 60 for quite a while now and i have NEVER EVER had any need for more then 3 bags.. anyone thinking something else is welcome to do that.. but they are just greedy and always want 100% for free
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the long and informative post. would you suggest opening the 7 day celestal pack or selling it as it is?

I suppose it depends on the market, i normally open them and sell the wards, if you lucky to get blue one it was worth 150k AD

I used to keep the green one, tho when i get higher level i expect i be keeping the blue and selling the greens.

Its more about deciding what you REALLY need and whats just nice.

something might improve you slightly, but if your leveling up you don't NEED it... because you gear will change sooo much.

Once you hit higher level your priorties and needs will change, but you also have more way to earn AD by that point anyway.

It really more about sacrifice in short term for a better long-term goal
  • rolltide13rolltide13 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I mail items to myself,use your mail as a pack mule,problem solved.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deurkier1 wrote: »
    stop holding on to every trash item u get i got the default bags and i never had a problem with them being full

Then your like level 40.

At level 60 things are much different... them runestones that you are now selling or trashing are required. You will soon learn they are the most valued item in the game.

Cryptic needs their money.... and Bags are the one resource that no player can live without... eventually.
    edited May 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    Then your like level 40.

At level 60 things are much different... them runestones that you are now selling or trashing are required. You will soon learn they are the most valued item in the game.

Cryptic needs their money.... and Bags are the one resource that no player can live without... eventually.

there value end game is exactly why you start selling them early t get the zen store stuff ready for end game