test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should I play this game or wait for the wipe?

maffe69maffe69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title says.. Is it worth to play this game now if it's pretty sure that they will wipe characters in some day and you lose all your progress? I like this game, but I don't really feel like wasting my time if they will wipe everything.. Does anyone know when they are going to wipe characters or are they even going to do it?
Post edited by maffe69 on

Comments

• flatlyne9999flatlyne9999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are no more wipes, it's a "soft launch" of full game.
    Xanther Falshun@flatlyne9999 - TR - Mindflayer

Member of 'The League of Monster Slayers' http://www.lomsglobal.com
  • sirenfire25sirenfire25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey =)

There is no planned character wipe, this is the "Open Beta", in which you are free to play, explore and enjoy the content without the worry of starting over. Cheers!
  • maffe69maffe69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are no more wipes, it's a "soft launch" of full game.
    I guess you didn't hear about exploit which ruined whole economy.. I know that there rarely is wipes in open beta but whole economy is ruined so I'm pretty sure they will wipe something
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Assume there will be a wipe, play it anyway (live every day like it's your last... or something). It's a fun game regardless.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There will be no more wipes. :)
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeh....we will see what happens when they enable the AH and all those guys who off loaded those billions of diamonds to mule accounts come back and wipe out everything....again...yeh, we will see if their are no wipes then.

But i'm still playing anyway...go big or go home, holla.
  • tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    maffe69 wrote: »
    I guess you didn't hear about exploit which ruined whole economy.. I know that there rarely is wipes in open beta but whole economy is ruined so I'm pretty sure they will wipe something

I believe they said on the twitter that full wipe is off the table? I'm willing to bet that a full wipe won't happen.
  • bluereverendbluereverend Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013

And I assume you missed the entire handling of said exploit? they took down the game for half a day and made a wide world rollback. No wipes.
    edited May 2013
    There will be no more wipes. :)
    That's good to know :)!
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess you didn't hear about exploit which ruined whole economy..
    Lol, we ALL know about the exploit, and what action they were going to take has already been taken. Anyway "ruining the economy" is a relative thing, and being a casual player in this casual game I've only looked at the AH twice whilst levelling 4 characters, the highest of which is 54. I saw no need to buy/sell anything then and I still don't now, thus I could care less what is happening to AD or Zen.
  • sydanyosydanyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Item wipes - or rather, resets - will still exist, just as in pretty much every MMO thus far; some content patch will add a new tier of places to farm and a new tier of items. Those items will then basically "wipe" your gear.
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They've said often that they have no plans to wipe. In the wake of the rollback they have stated they wouldn't wipe because of the exploit, so nothing changed there. That was the purpose of the rollback if you read their FAQ on the issue: that the rollback was in response to handle the bulk of what was effected while they would investigate and correct what they needed to further on an individual basis.

And ruined is a strong word. Especially since the economy was never really in great shape to begin with. Not that it ever is for MMOs in early game.
  • jnc87jnc87 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    From what I can tell, they didn't even ban a fraction of the people who took advantage of this last huge exploit. Therefor, there is still people with unlimited AD.

The only reason why they don't wipe is because the game is full of major exploits, so it's pointless to wipe the servers and have newer exploits showing up after the wipe. This is the only reason why there is no wipe, it's not because they said there would be no wipe.

Imo, if they don't wipe servers then you know they are just milking the game till it shuts down, probably a few months from now. They already won by selling so many founder packs and zen for a few weeks.
  • drpallisadedrpallisade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013

I guess you didn't read forum moderators and twitter posting many times about no more wipes but nobody seems to read and keeps asking.

All the information is top of the forums.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?266921-FAQ-AD-AH-Exploit-Follow-Up << so you dont have to looking =)
    Castle Dunsmere
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As the title says.. Is it worth to play this game now if it's pretty sure that they will wipe characters in some day and you lose all your progress? I like this game, but I don't really feel like wasting my time if they will wipe everything.. Does anyone know when they are going to wipe characters or are they even going to do it?

Cryptic has said numerous times that there will NOT be a wipe between open beta and release so you are free to continue playing without fear of your characters being deleted.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    Yeh....we will see what happens when they enable the AH and all those guys who off loaded those billions of diamonds to mule accounts come back and wipe out everything....again...yeh, we will see if their are no wipes then.

They have been banning the mule accounts as well so that AD is being removed from the game.
  • jonpen1jonpen1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go for the full wipe. Anyone you lose to that is mainly an exploiter, or a general oxygen thief in general, and you'll gain more in the long term than from the short term loss. Anyone who whines can be referred to the term beta as to the validity of their bellyaching.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonpen1 wrote: »
    Go for the full wipe. Anyone you lose to that is mainly an exploiter, or a general oxygen thief in general, and you'll gain more in the long term than from the short term loss. Anyone who whines can be referred to the term beta as to the validity of their bellyaching.
    You are an idiot.
  • thesuperdthesuperd Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it amazing how Cryptic can say over and over again that there will be no wipe, yet people keep insisting that there will be a wipe.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Play the game... it is a fun game despite all the cry babies on the forums. Though if you like playing the market... I would play have fun but not invest to much. Then jump to a new server when it is available at launch.
  • vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah wait for the wipe it will be here NEVERWARY 33rd
  • surv1vor1surv1vor1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will they be releasing any new servers?

I would love to start on a clean server at launch.
    edited May 2013
    surv1vor1 wrote: »

Yeah me too.. Not really interested playing in server where there is still some people running with unlimited AD. I know that they didn't ban everyone who used that exploit.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    surv1vor1 wrote: »

No. Their ultimate goal is to merge all servers into one.
  • muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait for the wipe.
  • gummibear2gummibear2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to know the source of the information from all the ppl claiming not everyone using the exploit have been banned, sure if you are so sure about that, you should be able to show us where you got that information from?
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    No wipes but I wouldn't play for a while till things get worked out.
  • telainfilotelainfilo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »

And that is exactly the reason because there is no wipe, because everyone, plays the game anyway :)