test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Logging out to change characters

daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously, how do we not have the ability to change characters without having to log out completely? Forcing us to log out and log back in to change characters is forcing us into queues. This is ridiculous, I mean I log into one character, prey, refine the AD it gave me and then TRY to swap to the character I intended to play with my friends and boom, in a queue.

I understand there will be queues, it's a given considering it's basically launch day (Open Beta in name only it seems). But making us renter a queue every time we swap characters is taking the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a little no?
Post edited by daxx360 on

Comments

• Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daxx360 wrote: »
    Seriously, how do we not have the ability to change characters without having to log out completely? Forcing us to log out and log back in to change characters is forcing us into queues. This is ridiculous, I mean I log into one character, prey, refine the AD it gave me and then TRY to swap to the character I intended to play with my friends and boom, in a queue.

I understand there will be queues, it's a given considering it's basically launch day (Open Beta in name only it seems). But making us renter a queue every time we swap characters is taking the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a little no?

I was wondering about that. At least it should take us to character screen.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    Yeah it's really weird. Mild inconvenience, but...why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daxx360 wrote: »

I could mention a rather huge MMO that had it right...8 years ago.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This isn't 1999 bro you have to supply them credentials everytime you switch chars...
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They borrow THIS from Champions Online and not the Character Creator?
    WHY?!?!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    I could mention a rather huge MMO that had it right...8 years ago.

Yeah, I can think of a few things that large MMO have, and have had pretty much since the beginning that this one seems to be lacking. And I can't understand why, I mean they can do them, they just haven't.
  • Options
    smashuk1smashuk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having to log in out really is silly, I have 6 toons and every time I want to prey/use proffessions have to log in/out, please add an option to switch character/exit to character selection without logging out
  • Options
    shagruulshagruul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smashuk1 wrote: »
    use proffessions
    You have the gateway for this. But it's actually ironic that you can switch characters on a whim in the gateway but not in the actual game.

They really do need to allow for character changes without a force relog.
  • Options
    arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought the same thing... just why .... why make us log in again to switch characters... it makes no sense
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    kren wrote: »
    This isn't 1999 bro you have to supply them credentials everytime you switch chars...

This LOL
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In an earlier thread on this topic, a dev said that they plan to make it possible to change character without logout at some point in the future. (my guess? after the shards are collapsed into one. But that's just a wild guess). I'm looking forward to it, it's very handy in STO.
    shagruul wrote: »
    You have the gateway for this. But it's actually ironic that you can switch characters on a whim in the gateway but not in the actual game.

Meh, until rumors & worries about people not getting all the results of their projects when cashed in via Gateway go away, I've been avoiding it. Not going to miss any of my leadership AD, I get little enough diamonds as it is.
  • Options
    kaladin32kaladin32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /gotocharacterselect

You have to wait the 15 seconds though, hitting exit now will log you out.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has been answered as being planned to be added at some point.
  • Options
    alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    This has been answered as being planned to be added at some point.

A dev responded to a previous thread on this topic saying that it's already in the game and will be enabled in a future patch.