test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question regarding Combat Superiority and Tactical Superiority

gulrakdarkgulrakdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Can anyone confirm if after taking 5 points in the Tactical Superiority, the damage bonus from CS is always on? This would mean we only need one point in CS as long as we have 5/5 in TS?
Post edited by gulrakdark on

Comments

• ranshasaranshasa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good question.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure I've never seen evidence that the passive works at all. No buff icons and no noticeable number increases on character sheet etc.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In Envy's thread, he explains how it works. Not in the first post, but in the conversation, in some post in the middle pages.

I (and almost everybody) also understood that with 5/5 Tactical Superiority, the buff would be always on. But he says Combat Superiority woks this way:

When you are attacked, you get the 10% bonus for 5/10/15 sec. When you get 5/5 Tactical Superiority, you don't need to be attacked, but you still need to be in combat with that target, that means, you need to attack the target.

So, with 5/5 you still need to attack the target. Even more, he also says that the buff gets not refreshed with each attack, unless you switch targets inbetween.

After reading him say that, I put 3/3 in Combat Superiority. I haven't really tested it, nor would I know how to do it.
  • claytondoraclaytondora Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm Also considering investing in this talent, as 15% always on damage is pretty nice. But hearing this conversation, I'm somewhat off-put from the idea. If this buff doesn't actually work, it would be a dire waste of 5 points.