test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Its not the exploits that are the problem..

adania666adania666 Member Posts: 39
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Its the speed Cryptic take to fix them.

This "AD Exploit" has basically been proven to be around since launch.

The GF set exploit was around for at least 2 weeks (Prob since launch since it took a while to attain it)

The Cleric Shield exploit is still around since launch (Yes its an exploit not a bug, since its exploiting game mechanics to gain advantage in game)

The Party Leader exploit is still around.

And there are atleast 2 more not so known exploits i wont mention that are not fixed.

So IMO the biggest problem is not the exploits themselves, but the lack of care and speed at which Cryptic fix them. An exploit being around for a few hours wont cause too much damage to the game. But leaving one for weeks will and most likely already has caused too much damage to be fixed.
Post edited by adania666 on

Comments

• Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not the exploits that are the problem, it's the people using them.
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    adania666 wrote: »
    Its the speed Cryptic take to fix them.

This "AD Exploit" has basically been proven to be around since launch.

The GF set exploit was around for at least 2 weeks (Prob since launch since it took a while to attain it)

The Cleric Shield exploit is still around since launch (Yes its an exploit not a bug, since its exploiting game mechanics to gain advantage in game)

The Party Leader exploit is still around.

And there are atleast 2 more not so known exploits i wont mention that are not fixed.

So IMO the biggest problem is not the exploits themselves, but the lack of care and speed at which Cryptic fix them. An exploit being around for a few hours wont cause too much damage to the game. But leaving one for weeks will and most likely already has caused too much damage to be fixed.

You sir are a complete and utter fool.
  • Options
    daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Exploits or not I hope they realize that the current grouping system is utterly ruining endgame pugging. Once this AD/AH is resolved I hope they put their energy into finally doing something about the many flaws the grouping system has.

To mention a few:
    -Party leader's god, can kick anyone wheerever and whenever. If done so during a loot roll that person gets thrown out of the dungeon, party leader takes whatever he wants.
    -Being able to need on everything, when most game restrict this to class specific needs, should be an easy thing to implement.
    -Flawed group synergy tool that tries to get 1 of every class (which is fine) then just whatever, which should be 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps.

^This and more is destroying pugging and promoting absolute greed, which sadly many take advantage off :(
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And how do you propose to fix that good sir? Mind Control people behavior? I guess Control Wizards can do that perhaps?
  • Options
    adania666adania666 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    You sir are a complete and utter fool.

How so? Making such a bold statement without a reasonable argument or definition to back it up is ipso facto making you the fool.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Was the target demographic for this game the heavenly host ?
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well beacuse of all these exploits and bugs, only thing i do thesedays is lvling profession... and not even that is much fun.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    Was the target demographic for this game the heavenly host ?

considering people are giving their money to a well known asian cash grab publisher in tandem with what probably is the crappiest, most incompetent developer in the industry, its safe to say the target demographic for this game were the short bus riders
  • Options
    tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    considering people are giving their money to a well known asian cash grab publisher in tandem with what probably is the crappiest, most incompetent developer in the industry, its safe to say the target demographic for this game were the short bus riders

lol

Thank you!
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    estsu wrote: »
    And how do you propose to fix that good sir? Mind Control people behavior? I guess Control Wizards can do that perhaps?
    Nukes are always an option.