test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AH Down - What happens/will happen to our auctions?

sinfulswesinfulswe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Cryptic, could you please clarify what is happening, or will happen, to our current auctions while the AH is down?

As many others my primary income is selling stuff on the AH. I'd like to state that I'm not in any way, shape or form rich. I have a couple hundred thousand AD in total, most of which right now is tied up in auctions i can't get too and have no idea what will happen to.

I fully understand the need to shut down the AH, i'm not complaining, but we need some clarity.

I for example had/have(?) several 1 day actions that i'd expect to be bought out and therefor had a starting bid of 1. This is of course a risk, a risk i'm normally willing to take, that someone gets it cheap if it doesn't sell.
A risk i'm NOT willing to take is someone bidding 1, and winning just because the AH is disabled during the time the auction expired. That's unacceptable.

So, what will happen? Are the auction timers frozen during the downtime? Could you wipe the AH, as in send back all items to the posters? Will i log in to have all my auctions expired and bought for 1 AD?

The only info we've had is this:
"We do not anticipate that Auction House items will be lost. All items posted on the Auction House are still there, but do not show up as the Auction House is currently offline.

Auctions will expire as intended, though they will not be sent back immediately. They will be sent back when Auction House services are re-enabled."

The part about "Auctions will expire as intended" leads me to believe that timers are infact running while the AH is disabled, if so that's a monumental problem for alot of people.

Please, i'm not complaining about the downtime in itself, but we need some info regarding this.
Post edited by sinfulswe on

Comments

• estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless its a thread that about thanking developer, I doubt they will reply. Just saying from what I have seen on the threads lately.
  • imbarawrimbarawr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes please, same situation here. Exactly the same.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Got a lot of stuff in there myself. Would also like to know if anything is going to happen to the nearly 1 mil legit ad I have stuck in the exchange as a zen buy listing. I can't take it out as of right now.
  • sinfulswesinfulswe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not expecting them to reply to this thread, but it's a BIG issue they need to shed some light on.
  • tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I don't have a lot on the AH, but I do have 2 stalwart bulwark armors, so still a a nice amount of AD.
  • sinfulswesinfulswe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have that much either, but even if all i have is only worth ~500k AD it's still all i've made so far in game and that now sits in limbo with no word what's happening too it.
  • drunkensotdrunkensot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    What is the timetable to get the AH back up and operating?
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sinfulswe wrote: »
    A risk i'm NOT willing to take is someone bidding 1, and winning just because the AH is disabled during the time the auction expired. That's unacceptable.

Isn't that exactly what's going to happen though?