test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Punished the bad but not rewarded the legit players?

aussiebobbyaussiebobby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
okay so you punished the players who cheated and used exploits that wonderful!
I recommend you giving every player who did not do anything wrong two items , one that increases xp gained by x% and one item that increases the chance of rare drops for X% for how ever long the servers were rolled back for
Just a suggestion!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aussiebobby on

Comments

• Options
    baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    They are rewarding us honest players. We get to keep our account and characters.
    "Just keep moving." - Lara Croft
  • Options
    aussiebobbyaussiebobby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats not really a reward as much, because they should be doing that anyway!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're being rewarded with a broken economy. =p

Maybe even a cat to say "We're Sorry".

<
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Haha true that true that :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegreatbobobobthegreatbobobob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    "As a token of our appreciation for you, the community, and all that you've done for the game throughout these days of Beta, we will be sending a thank-you gift to players and opening ourselves up on the forums and various other channels to answer any and all questions we can. " I'm just wondering what it is and when will it be recived.
    ~~Chlora~~

• Options
    memorythoughtmemorythought Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys! I didn't murderkill someone today then take all their stuff. I deserve to be rewarded! Bit of an extreme example, but yeah, just following the rules entitles you to nothing.

That said, I would like all my celestial coins that were reset because the servers were down and I couldn't "worship" to be replaced.
  • Options
    baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Thats not really a reward as much, because they should be doing that anyway!

Rewarding us for playing in honesty would be like rewarding us for breathing air through our noses and not the mouth. Don't feel entitled for doing what comes naturally.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just think that what i suggested was fair and would help the players that lost time and levels to get back to were they were before the wipe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes but we were punished for something we didnt do. So therefore we should be entitled to some sort of balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rewarding us for playing in honesty would be like rewarding us for breathing air through our noses and not the mouth. Don't feel entitled for doing what comes naturally.

Yeah, i don't get it. "I didn't exploit, reward me!" makes no sense. It's like "I didn't steal that car, reward me!" Being a decent person should be it's own reward. Heck, so many of the exploiters use the "everyone was doing it" excuse, but those of us who didn't, know we were in the right.

Anyway, they are giving out a package, we don't know what is in it, it could be what you say and more. Won't know until they announce it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Being a decent person should be it's own reward.

Amen to that, tfangel.
  • Options
    psychlogicpsychlogic Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You were not punished for something you didn't do. They're trying to fix the damage done so that they don't have to "punish" you worse later. You're not entitled to 7 hours rollback plus server downtime worth of experience, currency, etc. You want to play the game, play the freaking game instead of trying to find ways to play it less.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I expect unique items similar to what happened in Star Trek Online when they had major server problems. It consisted of a comm badge (costume item) and an emote. They should not be available any other way. If the devs want to give us more, then go for it. A 24 slot backpack for each character that will ever be created on the account would be a very good method of compensation.
  • Options
    psychlogicpsychlogic Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I expect unique items similar to what happened in Star Trek Online when they had major server problems. It consisted of a comm badge (costume item) and an emote. They should not be available any other way. If the devs want to give us more, then go for it. A 24 slot backpack for each character that will ever be created on the account would be a very good method of compensation.

Decorative stuff is a nice little reward. A lot of people won't care much about it, but it's a nice gesture. And a bag would be nice, too, since you would normally pay zen for it as opposed to something you obtain normally in game. But XP boosts because you missed out on a day of gaming? That is silly to me.
  • Options
    captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm not really bothered about a reward for not exploiting. i bet all the box of treats will be is a packet of fireworks and some special dyes . i'd rather they just fixed the large amount of bugs that are in the game so that people don't just resort to "cheating" all the time. this stuff needs to be fixed, not making sure everyone gets there cookies for being good boys and girls. but also i would like a cat for being a good boy
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I recommend you giving every player who did not do anything wrong two items , one that increases xp gained by x% and one item that increases the chance of rare drops for X% for how ever long the servers were rolled back for
    Just a suggestion!

You don't read to good do you.

In the FAQ they mention that they are working on an apology pack that they want to try and release by Friday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    phreskophresko Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a suggestion!

You did read the posts about them giving a reward to legit players?
  • Options
    zamerizameri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Just a suggestion!

-sees your sig- is this THE towellie? Also, they already said that they would reward the legit players. I do like the %increase for rare drops though, that would be awesome just not sure how it would work in groups.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you also read the part that this was an Open Beta?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Did you also read the part that this was an Open Beta?

Once they stated no character wipes after the end of April and opened up the C-Store without any announcement saying all Zen would be reimbursed for launch, then this game was no longer in open beta. I came up with a term a few years ago called paid beta that applies to our current situation. Paid beta is the time between the launch of a subscription MMO and when the MMO finally reaches the point it should have been at launch. This can take a few months to a few years.
  • Options
    jaz182jaz182 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys! I didn't murderkill someone today then take all their stuff. I deserve to be rewarded! Bit of an extreme example, but yeah, just following the rules entitles you to nothing.

That said, I would like all my celestial coins that were reset because the servers were down and I couldn't "worship" to be replaced.

Is this heading towards a religion debate?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually the legit players are being punished too, by a self entitled vocal minority incessantly screaming for wipes and doom crying.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    devlintruedevlintrue Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must add they punished the innocent as well. My other account was suspended or banned depending on where you look via email or trying to sign in. Now I have no access to my characters that I worked so hard on and there is no telling when they will get to my ticket to resolve it and if they will for that matter. I don't know how I could have been confused with the cheaters cause my character had <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for gear and I hardly had any AD and even less Zen. I've been sitting here waiting for a reply and I understand they have a high ticket volume, but it still <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that I have to suffer for their mistakes.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh suprise, an entitlement post....
  • Options
    ageoffan123ageoffan123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Special Snowflake Syndrome much? SSS, now that's an acronym.
  • Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe a nice coalescent stone? I can't think of anybody who wouldn't want one of those, no matter what level or how cashed up they are. Don't forget that XP is useless to the 60s, it needs to be a bonus for everybody (a bag would be my favourite, but some are probably bag maxed)
  • Options
    ageoffan123ageoffan123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Okay, you are not going to get anything for being an honest player. Your reward is that A) Your account won't be banned, and B) You are not trying to wreck a game.
  • Options
    cera001cera001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I gazed upon the server and noticed a dwindling population...

A stale almost cold environment...

A slow death of confusion and distaste penetrate the scene...

Npcs with blank looks, awful and calculating...

All I could think of is the excuses cryptic gave...

I laughed when I recalled they labeled them Nashers...

Such is life in NeverBitter

Or maybe it's NeverHappy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're already going to hand out a "we're sorry for this inconvenience" box of unmentioned goodies sometime this week so....