test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can we get actual boss fights soon?

nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
see above.

can we get some actual boss fights soon?

i understand that CW and GWFs are really good at AoE'ing adds. that's fine and cool. however, does 90% of every boss fight need to devolve into a TR soloing the boss while everyone else kills adds for the ENTIRE fight?

i haven't done castlenever yet, but, every other instance pretty much dissolves into this pattern on every boss. there's a boss here or there that doesn't, but, i can't think of a single fight where the boss is more dangerous than the adds.
Post edited by nvmbanelings on

Comments

• hayes303hayes303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree and not just in delves. The whole PVE game goes go to a zone, do 2 or 3 outdoor quests, go to a mine/dungeon/keep, fight a big bad guy who spawns adds and does a knockback with lots of hit points. Repeat for the entire game with different skins for different zones. The only difference in the mini bosses is how many adds they spawn and if they can port about.

It makes the game seems much more grindy than it has to be. Please Cryptic, mix it up a bit.
  • madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of the "boss fights" I never even consciously acknowledge the 'boss' as the entire fight is just adds. Endless waves of adds. Some of the bosses look like they might have some actual abilities that they use, but the encounters are completely balanced around continually kiting / AEing adds.

Perhaps you should retitle the game Dungeons and Swarms of Kobolds? Sure it lacks an alliterative ring, but the swarms of kobolds seem far more dangerous than any dragon I've seen in the game.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to let people design dungeons/skirmishes in the foundry.

Along with boss fights.

In the meantime I suggest they change the model for every boss in the game to be a giant Lever with a % over it showing when then next wave will spawn.

It's kind of sad really, you'd think an MMO in 2013 could have more interesting PVE.