test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry chest reward question

cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hi,
I've noticed, more often than not, that when completing a foundry mission and opening the chest at the end, nothing is in there. It is empty. Is this normal?
Post edited by cesmode8 on

Comments

• Options
    tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There should always be something inside. Its totally random, so you might not get something usable to your class, but it shouln't be empty. It never is for me (although sometime its white items - but it must be length related).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Id say the last several foundry missions Ive done, Ive gotten nothing. Its empty.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And you touch on something else: What role does the duration of the foundry quest play in, with regard to reward and XP at the end when you complete?
  • Options
    tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what i understand, the reward at the end is proportional to the average duration it takes the quest to get played through. There are also some limits per day or something like that.

Check it here: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1016471/User-Generated-Content-In-MMOs they speak about that. I understand the model for NWO is the same.

Although someone else might have more info than i do.
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's a bug with chests in general since we have done dungeons and had the same thing happen. You kill the boss and your reward is.... NOTHING. :P But yeah, I get it a lot in foundries as well.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've found if I complete a quest in less than 15 minutes, I get nothing. That may be it, or it might be random. But yes, sometimes the roll comes up empty.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's also not up to the author, Cryptic sets the reward using some formula.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I know its not up to the author. And I think Zovya is on to something. All of the 15-20 minute ones seem to give nothing. Might try a 30 minute one later and see how that goes.
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I doubt it's based on time because when it happens sometimes it only happens to one or two of us but not all 3. (running them as a group of 3)
  • Options
    abcoeabcoe Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have gotten empty reward chests at the end of about 6 Foundry Quests in the past few days. The only reason I keep doing them is for daily diamonds.
  • Options
    konyconikonyconi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've gotten empty reward chests too, even in cloak tower... :(
  • Options
    zocat1zocat1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to push this, since I've been now playing about 8 foundry missions (over the last few days) and always got an empty chest at the end. And I'm talking about empty as in nothing, not even a white item.

Some people suggested it may be the length of the mission, but I'm not really sure. I tried to review the quests and wrote stuff about my experience in parallel. Looking at the average of those quests all are over 15min (And sometimes with 2 plays only, so I should be above it). At a last effort (thinking maybe something's wrong with For Review quests) I also played zovya's "Fateful Encounter" which took me about 20min and the chest was also empty.

I know it's not the author's fault. I know that it's really unlikely (impossible) to get anything good out of the chest.
    But honestly, I'd prefer to get a single white item. And an empty chest plainly just sucks.
  • Options
    annadruvezannadruvez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the occasional empty reward chest is why I limit the number of pots, etc, that I'm willing to spend on a single foundry quest. But, I've noticed that it seems to happen more with the ones that haven't hit that daily reward milestone yet. I'll start tracking it and see if I can find a common value. I'm rather curious now.
    Pool of the Dead - NW-DLTS5X6TO - Duration: ~20 minutes - Daily Qualified

Fountain of Dread - NW-DACS7JITE - Duration: ~15minutes - BRAND NEW!
  • Options
    latenightuserlatenightuser Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been reading about this issue (06/25/2013) and have noticed, along with other Players (including my best friend), that Foundry quest reward chests have been empty. We stopped adventuring together because we thought it was due to our level difference (he was Lvl 51 and I was Lvl 43). We attempted two Foundry quests together, one time the chest wouldn't open for me (so we guessed it was because he completed most of the "orange conversations" first), so we alternated. He couldn't open the chest if I did more of the "orange conversations." We no longer adventure together. :-( But the last few days that I've complete Foundry quests there is no reward inside the chest. My thought is that some Foundry quests are *incapable* of scaling to Player Character level, and therefore the Game decides that a reward is unjustified. --C D'A
    Better known as: Cyric D'Arco
    Cleric of Sune Fire-Hair,
    Goddess of Love

Matthew Morris Tobin
    Houston, TX
    USA