test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another Review Trading Thread: Let's all try to help each other!

zelrantzelrant Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Soooo Hi people, I am looking for people to trade reviews with.
We all know how difficult it is to be stuck on the "reviews" tab and feel unmotivated as people don't notice the quests that we worked so hard for. So yea, why not help each other out?

Kindly check out my very first foundry quest, and I'll make sure to check yours out too!
Here are some of the details:

Title: The Epic: Secrets of Shiganshina

Short Code: NW-DFJR2DOH6

Plot Overview: For decades, the humans have enjoyed a peaceful life along with the other races and monsters. They lived in harmony, and prosperity. Until one day, monsters started invading small towns and villages; leaving nothing but corpses and terror upon those who manage to flee. Now, these monsters have finally set their eyes on the human's largest city: Florin and they have already conquered Shiganshina, one of its main districts.

You play the role of a newly recruited member of the Sentinel, a group of people from various races with the task of suppressing the monsters inside Florin, and you have been given a very important task for your first mission.

Will you have what it takes to stop the chaos, and discover the secret behind the sudden change of heart of the monsters?

For more information and screenshots, check out my quest here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?260852-The-Epic-Secrets-of-Shiganshina

Note: for those who have pending review trades from me: Kindly post your quest details again, here. Since I've already lost some of you and haven't returned the favor yet. Rest assured that I'll do your quests as soon as I can!

Thanks in advance for those people who will be interested, and more power to us authors! ;)
Post edited by zelrant on

Comments

• Options
    dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Hey, sure, will review yours at evening (cant right now, sorry)

Here is my NW-DDJJA7X98 (The Camp and Bandits)
    You can leave your feedback here : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256402-The-camp-and-bandits

thanks ;)
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So I find some time, so I reviewed it and I like it, just few things

I recommend you:
    -Do something more with enviroment. Add some objects and stuff. Atmosphere is really important. Add some rugs (to rooms), Well, caravan, shop and more
    -When looting and opening (door for example) use emotes
    -Agent Cordelia has ??? in name (in fight)
    -That part with lot of orges in street was quite boring. From my experience, players dont like to fight encounters with lot of hp and armor again and again - so I recommend you to change few of them orges to another encounter
    -story was great ;)

Hope you will like my quest :D
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dugada wrote: »
    So I find some time, so I reviewed it and I like it, just few things

I recommend you:
    -Do something more with enviroment. Add some objects and stuff. Atmosphere is really important. Add some rugs (to rooms), Well, caravan, shop and more
    -When looting and opening (door for example) use emotes
    -Agent Cordelia has ??? in name (in fight)
    -That part with lot of orges in street was quite boring. From my experience, players dont like to fight encounters with lot of hp and armor again and again - so I recommend you to change few of them orges to another encounter
    -story was great ;)

Hope you will like my quest :D

Thanks for the feedback! I'll take note of them. The ??? in cordelia's group name is done on purpose since the group of antagonists is yet to be revealed.

Did you find the optional bosses?

Anyway, I'll review your quest later since I can't right now. Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yeah I think I found something, but I didnt have time for it, sorry
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • Options
    notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will check this out in the morning. I have done about 10 reviews from these types of posts, and I have only had 2 people follow through and actually review my quest in return. My quest info is in my signature. I have already expanded the quest since the initial reviews. Expect a challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • Options
    notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My review of your content:

1) I like the detail you put into your NPCs as far as roaming speech and what not.
    2) First transition door looked weird. Perhaps a better door?
    3) I liked that the axe wasn't too obvious to find.
    4) You might limit how many quest items we have to carry. Also, set the axe to "consume on use" for that particular interaction. Otherwise, players will carry 20 quest items around and not have room for loot.
    5) You might rename the encounter mobs so they fit your story.
    6) I liked how you set up (and that you implemented) that shortcut.

Most of the encounters are easy. You might spruce them up with some difficult ones here and there. The last boss fight is decently challenging. Decent idea and you put a fair amount of effort into this. Looking forward to the expansions of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    notaurious wrote: »
    My review of your content:

1) I like the detail you put into your NPCs as far as roaming speech and what not.
    2) First transition door looked weird. Perhaps a better door?
    3) I liked that the axe wasn't too obvious to find.
    4) You might limit how many quest items we have to carry. Also, set the axe to "consume on use" for that particular interaction. Otherwise, players will carry 20 quest items around and not have room for loot.
    5) You might rename the encounter mobs so they fit your story.
    6) I liked how you set up (and that you implemented) that shortcut.

Most of the encounters are easy. You might spruce them up with some difficult ones here and there. The last boss fight is decently challenging. Decent idea and you put a fair amount of effort into this. Looking forward to the expansions of it.

Thanks for the feedback! I've been trying to put some difficult fights but the foundry encounters seem limited, any advice on that?

Also, did you fight all optional bosses?

I'm about to do foundries right now so expect my review soon. Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Finished: The Camp and Bandits by @dugada
    Reviewed In-game and here.

In-game Rating: 4/5
    Actual Rating: 3.75/5

Pros:
    - I liked the fact the you used words that are gender neutral, it would allow immersion even if the player is a female.
    - Map details and atmosphere are great! Everything seems alive. Now I'm inspired to fix mine. Haha
    - Simple, but interesting story! Too bad that the grammatical errors ruined it.
    - Combat is well-paced. No irritating and unnecessary encounters.

Cons:
    - Lots of grammatical errors all around that confused me at times; it lessened your quest's overall charm. I'm expecting that English is not your first language so it's acceptable.
    - The sleeping guard you talk to upon going back in time seemed really weird, try to adjust him since he keeps sleeping down after each choice in the dialogue.
    - NPC dialogues feel kind of "dead". I don't know how to explain this specifically but their reactions seem too simple.
    - You also might want to change the title of your quest name. In my opinion, people wouldn't expect such a great story from a such simple title.

Overall, it was a great quest! I liked it, mainly because of the effort that you put into the details to make the atmosphere feel "alive". Highly recommended for casual players.
    Oh, and another thing, the BGM in the Interspace worked! How did you do that, I've been trying to fix mine for days now and I still haven't gotten a solution. :|
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Finished - Memnon: Invoking the Old God by @notaurious

Actual Rating: 3.5/5

Pros:
    -Dialogue actually changes with your choices.
    -Fairly challenging fights that will keep you on your toes.
    -Good story and dialogue, Arias is an interesting character. Although I still don't understand much due to the lack of backstory; but since this is an intro, that is to be expected. Looking forward to the sequel!

Cons:
    -The names of interactable doors are set on default, rename them.
    -Final boss was kind of disappointing, I expected more since the other fights were challenging.

Overall, a good quest. It's a good introduction for something very interesting, I'm expecting some backstory in the sequel; especially on Arias. :D

Recommended for people who like challenging, but well-placed fights.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Map updated based on the feedbacks.
  • Options
    tarum89tarum89 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Hi :)
    I will play your quest once the server will be open again, this is the short code for the one i created:

NW-DB5GERXA3 - "An Artifact from the Depths"

I'm sorry if my quest will not be perfect in grammer, but as many player, i am not english user (but i do the dungeon master in my lenguage, in paper rpg).

Thanks again ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gonna do quests now, expect my review soon. :)
  • Options
    zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will check your your quest today (20th May 2013)

Review "Secrets of Shiganshina"

Reviewed: 20th May 2013

Good start to an investigation style campaign, few parts of the story might want some work. Why do the Drow appear? If they are not meant to be Drow, then rename the mobs.

I liked that you added 2 routes back, fighting for people who want and the short cut over the roof.

Please take a look at my first foundry quest, if you have the time.

Campaign: Resurrection of Xunvrae (4 parts)
    Quest Name: The bones of Xunvrae
    Author: Elimgarak83
    Short Code: NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    Tags: Story, Explore, Combat
    Tested: 14 GWF, 60 CW, 60 DC, 29 CW
    Quest forum post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?235592-Resurrection-of-Xunvrae
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Finished - Resurrection of Xunvrae: Bones of Xunvrae by @Elimgarak83

Actual Rating: 4.3/5

Pros:
    -Dialogue is dynamic, which provides a more engaging experience.
    -Optional routes and dialogues are nicely implemented.
    -Lots of things to explore.
    -Fairly challenging combat, especially the optional ones. I almost died in that one optional room.
    -Interesting story backed up with great atmosphere.

Cons:
    -Some minor spelling errors.

Overall, it's an excellent quest with lots of things to do and explore which will definitely satisfy hardcore RPG fans.

Highly recommended for people who likes to play for the story, but still want some challenging fights
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi really liked your quest, i pretty enjoyed the first fight/test to do with the chief.
    Story and dialogues works pretty well, i were envolved by the story.
    The characters were various and well customized too.
    Surely it would be even better if cryptic enable Neverwinter to load music and sounds during the quests!

Also i have two little questions...
    How have you placed a follower that can fight?
    In my quest, i placed a npc drow with "follow". Fortunately in my quest he needs to not fight because his arms are like brocken, so i was lucky, but i need to place another follower that fight with a sword... how can i do that?
    Many thanks!

My quest is:
    I hope you will enjoy it.

it would be better with sounds, i really used many of them to give the right feel...
    Cheers!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tarum89 wrote: »
    Hi really liked your quest, i pretty enjoyed the first fight/test to do with the chief.
    Story and dialogues works pretty well, i were envolved by the story.
    The characters were various and well customized too.
    Surely it would be even better if cryptic enable Neverwinter to load music and sounds during the quests!

Also i have two little questions...
    How have you placed a follower that can fight?
    In my quest, i placed a npc drow with "follow". Fortunately in my quest he needs to not fight because his arms are like brocken, so i was lucky, but i need to place another follower that fight with a sword... how can i do that?
    Many thanks!

My quest is:
    I hope you will enjoy it.

it would be better with sounds, i really used many of them to give the right feel...
    Cheers!

Damm, I just noticed that I skipped your quest. I'm gonna have to do it tomorrow since I need to report at the office at an earlier time. Sorry bout that man.

As for your concern:

A follower that can fight is actually not categorized as an "NPC", but instead it's considered as a friendly "Encounter". Look for "Guards" at the encounter tab and you'll see what I mean.
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hi! I'll make sure to review your quest tomorrow morning, after I get home from work (graveyard shift :( ). There's one other quest I promised to review before yours. I'll post in this thread as soon as I'm done.

Short Code: NW-DTET2QLF4
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?250032-Tales-of-the-Black-Hand
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zelrant wrote: »
    Damm, I just noticed that I skipped your quest. I'm gonna have to do it tomorrow since I need to report at the office at an earlier time. Sorry bout that man.

As for your concern:

A follower that can fight is actually not categorized as an "NPC", but instead it's considered as a friendly "Encounter". Look for "Guards" at the encounter tab and you'll see what I mean.

That's better, because i have just fixed some things and changed the end of the quest! ;)
    Good luck with the mission! Cheers
  • Options
    keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll put your's on my list next. Mine's in my sig.

This review trading thing is fun!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Quests in line:

NW-DTET2QLF4 - "Tales of the Black Hand: The Black Hand in Blacklake"
    NW-DJGYNI7NH - "Tomb of Wernar"

I'll do these tonight after I get back home from work. :)

@tarum89 - I would prefer that you also review in-game, since it also serves as proof that you've really finished my quest. So yea, kindly review my quest in-game too. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Quests in line:

I'll do these tonight after I get back home from work. :)

@tarum89 - I would prefer that you also review in-game, since it also serves as proof that you've really finished my quest. So yea, kindly review my quest in-game too. Thanks!

Hi, not a problem, i really uderstand :( i don't know why but when i finished it i was unable to do a review and exit from the map without using the door icon in the map, it's not the first time form me.
    Anyway i will re-play your quest when when i end to work, it was enjoyable :)
    (this time i will not skip the ogres using the tree!)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Reviews pushed back tomorrow, sorry bout that guys.
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I actually played your quest yesterday, but the forums were bogged down and I needed to get some rest before work.
    ---

I liked the concept, I really like the extra optional content. There's a good story base to set up a multiquest campaign. A few issues, though.

The initial duel had the NPC attacking the friendly NPC half-orc that was nearby (sorry, I don't recall the names since I played it yesterday). It felt incredibly odd for him to challenge me to a test, then have him run off and attack an innocent bystander. I understand that's unintentional, though. Maybe move the half-orc a bit further away from where he spawns as an enemy?

The cameo characters at the very start felt extremely out of place, and really hurt any sense of immersion. If it was a comedy quest, it would be perfectly fine, but the rest of the quest seems to take itself pretty seriously. If the quest is meant to be more of a comedy quest, then maybe play it up a bit with other parts of the quest. Otherwise, I'd limit to one, possibly two cameos at most if you really want them in. That was like 5 or so cameo character all in a line, pretty much, and it's the player's very first impression of the quest. It sort of sets the wrong tone (again, unless I misunderstood the tone you were going for).

Does the axe have any other use besides chopping open the door? If yes, ignore this. Otherwise, I'd consider setting "Consume Required Item" to True on that story objective so that it doesn't take up inventory space. I really like the optional quest items that you can pick up to complete optional objectives, but there's an awful lot of inventory space being used. No need to keep holding onto an item if it no longer has a use in the quest.

I'd consider throwing in a couple more points of interest along the roads from one objective to the next. There are long stretches of wandering enemies with nothing else. It's really noticeable if you decide to travel the path with all the ogres. Whether that's by putting in interesting terrain/objects or non-combat encounters/dialogue is up to you.

Otherwise, I enjoyed this. It just needs a small bit of polishing. I'll keep an eye out for whenever you get part 2 finished. Thanks for sharing your quest with us!
  • Options
    pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi
    I've reviewed your quest. Cool storyline. I like the part where you can skip the fights if you wanted to.
    Was the part where Cordelia's minions was stronger intentional ?

Hope you can find the time to review mine :)
    Cheers

Short code: NW-DFEKZANXF
    Name: 3 Suns Aligned
    Author: @pavvo
    Est. Time: 19min Solo mode. Can be duoed.
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256451-3-Suns-Aligned-Part-1-of-the-Amulet-of-the-Suns-campaign

Short Code: NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    Name: Holy Symbol of Khyber
    Author: @pavvo
    Est Time: 15 min solo. Can be duoed
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256431-Holy-Symbol-of-Khyber-A-short-quest
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Quests in line:

Hi, i just played your quest for the second time with my girlfriend :)
    I liked it (and her too!), she asked me to continue the quest for the next chapter ;)
    It was well structured, the only thing that can be better to put this quest to 5 stars is to customize a bit the area where the orcs are... we should feel how they are rude, they should break all, did should do piles of stuffs and burn it, kill peoples etc.
    All the rest is 5/5. I liked much Cordelia in each of her forms, the fights was greats too.
    The minions was a bi stronger than her (this is a bit strange), maybe you can find an encounter that match better the situation.
    Good job!

if you'd like to review my quest and critique it, my thread is the right place, if you are interested use my banner in my signature.
    We are looking forward for the next chapter! Keep it up with it ;)