test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sacred flame with the greater plague fire enchantment hurts your allies

laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
When you use sacred flame a third time on an enemy with the greater plague fire enchantment, the temporary hitpoints effect applies the plague fire debuff to allies.
Lemonade Stand.
Dragon Guild
Post edited by laudon1 on

Comments

• laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bumping bug post
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • dontbanme1dontbanme1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same bug, but it appears with all of the enchants that apply a debuff or do extra weapon damage such as -
    holy avenger will damage allies for a % of your weapon damage ~40 damage ( not a big deal ).

Weapon enchantments such as the frost and plague fire are a big deal though, because they add debuffs to the target that you damage, which applies the debuff to your allies when sacred flame applies temporary hitpoints to them.
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bumping bug post
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • h4rdc0d3dh4rdc0d3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dontbanme1 wrote: »
    same bug, but it appears with all of the enchants that apply a debuff or do extra weapon damage such as -
    holy avenger will damage allies for a % of your weapon damage ~40 damage ( not a big deal ).

weapon enchantments such as the frost and plague fire are a big deal though, because they add debuffs to the target that you damage, which applies the debuff to your allies when sacred flame applies temporary hitpoints to them.

+1 with video reference.
    None are innocent. There are only those weak enough to believe they are. And those strong enough to revel in the knowledge that they are not. ~Jacob Strauss, Magus of the Shining Hill, London 1940.
  • yumyumgoobersyumyumgoobers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am getting this with the lesser plague fire enchantment. I also cannot seem to put in a GM ticket or bug report as I'm always getting a "You could not connect, try again later" type of error message on submission.

Anyways here's a bug report for your DEV/QA staff:

Problem:

Sacred Flame's temporary hit point buff is causing the lesser plague fire enchantment to damage & debuff your main character and anyone else in the group.

Steps to recreate:

1. Attach the lesser plague fire enchantment into the weapon enchantment slot of a primary weapon like Grand Dragon Eye Smbol.
    2. Equip the sacred flame spell to your hotbar.
    3. Find an attackable NPC with plenty of hitpoints so that you can attack it with sacred flame atleast three times before the NPC dies.
    4. Attack the NPC atleast three times so that sacred flame will proc the temporary hit points buff on you and your party members.
    5. When the temporary hit point buff from sacred flame is applied to you and your party members, the lesser plague fire enchantment will also apply a debuff + damage over time on you and your party members.
    edited May 2013
    it r broked still.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • sonorodsonorod Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a very annoying bug. I hope it gets fixed soon as I don't like weakening my entire group during boss fights.