test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galeb Dhur threat

crowmeister0crowmeister0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I bought Galeb Dhur from the store and he's about rank 14 now.
Though I feel he doesn't do as much threat as the standard common tank companion. I know he only goes up to rank 15 so I bought Galeb Dhur.

Galeb Dhur has two ability's; one that does a bit of damage with a short cooldown and one that does threat and has a two minute cooldown. That ability is his ONLY extra threat ability and has a two minute cooldown, so that's way too long for an effective tanking pet.

What do you think?
Post edited by crowmeister0 on

Comments

• tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have the Dhur, have the newer guard one, and at first he didn't do too well, but now holds it great. I do need to get him better gears though, he isn't as tough as he should be. I'm also on my CW, not sure if you are a cleric, but i hear threat is messed up with them, and they can pull it from anyone.
  • crowmeister0crowmeister0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm he hasn't unlocked all of his equipment slots though, but I'm not sure how gear is tied in to threat.
    Does threat scale with higher stats? If so, which stat of my companion should I buff?
  • hydro818hydro818 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every attack he has seems to be a high threat attack. At pet level 15 in the Mindflayer Zone he can pull agro off my 9.3k level 60 GWF with one swing on any mob. He will lose it eventually until he swings again though. Mind you this is a level 15 pet in the hardest zone in the game and he actually is doing pretty good.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm he hasn't unlocked all of his equipment slots though, but I'm not sure how gear is tied in to threat.
    Does threat scale with higher stats? If so, which stat of my companion should I buff?

I don't really know how gear factors in with threat or anything like that, but i do know mine seem to perform better when they get better gear. I don't know if the sticky with companions talks about how this all works.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?111111-Companion-info-and-a-bit-of-a-guide
  • crowmeister0crowmeister0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys, I'll keep it up with Galeb. It's possible he could use some better gear and a few more ranks.