test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it safe to buy a donor pack ? 60.00 What about AD?

krogothiczkrogothicz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Guys just started playing a few days ago and would like to get a founders pack but so many bad comments in chat alot seem to thinks its a bad idea with everything going on. Are the removing diamonds from the game?

Maybe I should give it a week or 2 but then ill prolly be lvled and it really wont be worth it?

Any advice is welcomed

Thanks
Post edited by krogothicz on

Comments

• krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    krogothicz wrote: »
    Guys just started playing a few days ago and would like to get a founders pack but so many bad comments in chat alot seem to thinks its a bad idea with everything going on. Are the removing diamonds from the game?

Maybe I should give it a week or 2 but then ill prolly be lvled and it really wont be worth it?

Any advice is welcomed

Thanks

Um, given everything that's going on, stolen accounts with no action on Cryptic's part, the major exploit, etc. I'd say spending any money on them right now is a waste, a huge waste. Maybe give it a week or two and see what's up then. Also, the starter packs aren't worth that much if you actually look at the contents.
  • amandoxamandox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it'll help you get to 20 quick quick because of the xp booster and the nice weapon. the astral diamonds are worth like 15$ and the mount and companion are also quite cool. (fast mount) so ye I'd say my money is well spent, too bad that the game in its current state is not worth it. :( You might wanna just wait it out.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am going to wait until I see the effect on the market. If the economy cannot rebound in a reasonable amount of time, then it never will, and that is an issue that will stop me from investing.
  • voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would recommend holding on to your money, for now.
    I sense a zen sale very soon.
  • hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    @OP: How irresponsible can you be???

The Founder Program ends soon. Become a Founder now before it's too late: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/

ACT NOW
  • krogothiczkrogothicz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea thanks, I seen alot of posts about refunds and being ripoff, just to bad (
  • reasonpolicereasonpolice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't buy a founder's pack... Nothing in any of them has any value whatsoever. I love this game but I won't buy a founder's pack because you simply get nothing worthwhile for it. I'd be more likely to donate 5 or 10 dollars and get nothing in return than pay a forced 20, 60, or 200 (hahahaha) dollars and get some worthless garbage.

If you really want to give the incompetent, greedy fools at PWE your money, I'd suggest waiting at least a month to see what the economy looks like, and give yourself some time to think about whether or not the items in the founder's packs are really worth the money.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like mine .
    And the horse and wolf on all toons will be very nice .
  • krogothiczkrogothicz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is that the only way to get a faster mount?
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krogothicz wrote: »
    is that the only way to get a faster mount?

No

I'm torn between buying the howler for 40 bucks or the 60 bundle with the horse . All mounts on the Zen market are for all characters on the account . I like the howler , but I'm old school the horse just look right .
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you buy the pack, you will not have access to your AD until the AD exchange comes back online and for that matter no access to any Zen you purchase due to the AD exchange being down.

And no word from Cryptic/PWE as to when it will be available again, so we can access our AD and Zen.
    edited May 2013
    Looks like I will have to wait for the all clear to buy anything
  • primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    The $60 one seems well worth it to me. If you're going to make 2-3 characters, they all get the fast mount and the dog companion from level 1.
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    primerib41 wrote: »
    The $60 one seems well worth it to me. If you're going to make 2-3 characters, they all get the fast mount and the dog companion from level 1.

Dire Wolf:)
  • merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the Guardian pack and I'm happy with it. I played the game for a few days before purchasing to see if I would like it. That's what you should do, hold off until you are sure that you are going to stick with Neverwinter.
  • igglypigglyigglypiggly Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    id suggest putting your wallet away for now, and see how all this pans out.