test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ugliest gear ever.

skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This game has one of the worst looking gear I've ever seen. Even the level 60 epics look so ugly.
And most of my Trickster Rogue gear look virtually the same since level 5.

There's no creativity in the weapons and gear. :/

/sadface.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is rather disappointing. Maybe they made it that way to promote cash shop costumes and dyes.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, rogues looks quiet ugly...there is one set that looks allright...captain something i think...gwf is also quiet ugly

the only somewhat okayish sets ive seen are wizard and cleric...and some mid lvl gwf gear
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's one opinion, I guess. But I also sort of agree that us Trickster Rogues have it bad in terms of cosmetics. Guardian Fighters and Great Weapon Fighters look really sick however, being fully clad in steel like that.

We're stuck with leather, however. Would be great if we got some steel-y looking gear as well. But for starter gear I think they look fine. We might see better gear in the future in terms of effects and looks (hopefully). :)

PS. As a Tiefling Rogue, I dislike how our horns awkwardly protrude from our head pieces. I almost always turn off my head visuals because of that.
    merrybelle wrote: »
    It is rather disappointing. Maybe they made it that way to promote cash shop costumes and dyes.

Or maybe they didn't. It'd be better if we just didn't think about these sort of things so negatively!
  • Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    this game was just a quick cash grab get over it and move on
  • Options
    theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At level 60 in full epics, my GF looks like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and my female cleric looks cute as ****
  • Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except that it showed first video of ingame in 2010. Not sure how that comes off as "QUick Cash Job". That's a lot of years for something like that.
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    skinneykrn wrote: »
    This game has one of the worst looking gear I've ever seen.

I can't tell what you've seen but this must be one of your first games. For starters WoW gear is butt ugly compared to this. The rogue gear look good on my dwarf and every zone got unique looking gear that you can switch appearance with. It sound to me like you haven't actually played the game.
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hard to turn off my helmet after I got level 60 pvp helmet because it was so ****ing ugly...
  • Options
    blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ugly??? Clearly some of you have not played swtor or seen some of that end game trash. Good lord that stuff is bad.
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    gw =silver and dark blue, cw = indigo, gwf = silver and brown, Tr = brown, cleric = silver and white. A few special items have color variations - like the pirate hat and a few blues I've seen, but other ht's that, those are the default colors. Sadly they do not inspire me to go buy dye packs. Now if the colors were random and we could preview items, that would inspire more AH action and even spur some dye pack purchases.
  • Options
    nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love my cosmetic options in LOTRO :D I hope this game expands on their cosmetic choices.
  • Options
    dukkhardukkhar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is an area that really needs to improve. And some of the female armor's look like they have just cut a hole in them to show some skin...
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    I can't tell what you've seen but this must be one of your first games. For starters WoW gear is butt ugly compared to this. The rogue gear look good on my dwarf and every zone got unique looking gear that you can switch appearance with. It sound to me like you haven't actually played the game.

Please send me a screenshot of your amazing gear then.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merrybelle wrote: »

No sh@t Sherlok rofl .
  • Options
    stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Ugly??? Clearly some of you have not played swtor or seen some of that end game trash. Good lord that stuff is bad.

Very true. Lightsaber wielding classes often received robes(chest piece) with integrated hoods that could not be removed, and they came in brown, blue, and black. I don't know why I bothered to pick a hair style as a sith sorc, I never saw it again after the first dungeon.

I understand how as we advance in level in this game the basic armor model accumulates more and more items to make it look more complete. Yet I am tired of looking at the same silhouette and colors(god I sound like a judge on Project Runway). Since dye is hard to come by I am not willing to use it except on playclothes and max level gear. In Tera players can craft dye, that crafted dye is temporary but so are most armor pieces we find.
  • Options
    luc2kluc2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Protip: Before equipping an armour piece make a new character to get the 4 starter dyes. Sure, you only get a selection red, pink, green, blue and purple but you can do this until you have fully painted armour. From start to mail courier takes less than 10 minutes.
  • Options
    dnd80proofdnd80proof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's definitely some of that Asian MMO look to things, i.e. "did Liberace design this stuff?"
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While GW2 is boring as hell. I do love that games dye system. That type of system would not only really help make players unique, but it could be yet another item they could throw into the locked boxes. But, only on the condition that we can still get all the dyes from random drops.