test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem With Nature, Arcane, Dungeon kits

justme45justme45 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just today I am having as problem with using said kits
When I use them it says `kit broken` and I loose the kit and I do not get any contents
Is anyone else having this problem and being a newbie I`m not sure how or where to report it

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance :)
Post edited by justme45 on

Comments

• mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's percentage based (I think 75% chance). Often it succeeds but at times I get even a couple of Fails in a row.
    That's why I make sure I always have at least 8-10 of each
  • justme45justme45 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing for 3 weeks and never had this problem ..... then today, Every one I use is broken ...... ? I still think there is something else going on with these. I went back into game and tried 3 more ....... ALL BROKEN !!!
    So I have now gone through 14 kits, TODAY ...... and none have worked ???

mutharex wrote: »
    It's percentage based (I think 75% chance). Often it succeeds but at times I get even a couple of Fails in a row.
    That's why I make sure I always have at least 8-10 of each
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes had the same happen with a religion kit about 10 times in a row, even after I changed nodes. Not impossible but literally about a one-in-a-million chance.
  • drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have 5 broken duneoneering kits in a row yesterday
    edited May 2013
    Really ????? So that is one of the drawbacks of beta I guess ...... That really sucks !
    Should I put a ticket in about it, or not and if so where do I do that
    edited May 2013
    justme45 wrote: »
    Really ????? So that is one of the drawbacks of beta I guess ...... That really sucks !
    Should I put a ticket in about it, or not and if so where do I do that

I just assumed they had a chance to break.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a rotten amount of luck a few days back and broke 9 in a row.....but remember it is 75% chance each time..the odds do not get better the more you use it is 75% everytime you use one.
    edited May 2013
    I can see a couple in a row breaking but 9 or 14 in a row is excessive, and a rip off. I still paid game money for them, so I am pissed off.:mad:

So putting in a ticket on it is useless, I take it
    edited May 2013
    justme45 wrote: »
    So putting in a ticket on it is useless, I take it

I dont think it would be very high on their priority list
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the replies everyone ............ happy gaming !
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No you have failed to understand.....it is 75% chance each single time...doesn't matter If it fails 100 times it is still 75% chance each single time.
    I wish I was better at maths and I could explain it better.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had those things break on me since I first started playing last week. AFAIK, they've always had a chance to break, so I don't think the devs are going to agree they're "broken" & putting in a ticket would thus be a waste of time.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah last weeks patch seems to of borked them . Or they were not working properly before. Generally I would brake one occasionally, Now my new record is 4 in a row , and I have done it 6 times .
    edited May 2013
    I'm not saying the game is broken beyond repair.

But even if these kits are broken, fixing them right now would be like fixing a squeeky rocking chair on the Titanic
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Random is random. Kits are not broken.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • mountdrewmountdrew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You will soon have enough gold to buy more kits than you ever need. Though it is amazing when 7 kits break in the row, probability is funny that way.
    edited May 2013
    Anyone heard when we get out free packs yet ..... I assume that is what you are referring to mountdrew
  • igglypigglyigglypiggly Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    this is an intended game mechanic. you win some you lose some. think of it as a minor gold sink. very minor considering you get a tonne of those kits just killing mobs.
  • leibowitz27leibowitz27 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the kits are supposed to do that. Mouse over them, and it says "...with a 75% chance of success." Which means a 25% chance of failure and kit breaking. It's not a bug.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RNG. with 75% chance usually mean you can get it, but there is a chance that you hit that 25% 10 times in a row. "improbable" but still possible.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • mathakarmathakar Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    mountdrew wrote: »
    You will soon have enough gold to buy more kits than you ever need. Though it is amazing when 7 kits break in the row, probability is funny that way.

It's funny because it's not even amazing. Same chance of happening than any other combination you could think of. 1 in 4^7. That's what make probabilities so awkward I guess. It doesn't matter what the result is, it still has the same chance as any other combination to happen if you think about it.
  • zharrezharre Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My previous record with my Rogue is breaking 6 Nature Kits in a row, and then giving up because I was out of Nature Kits. I almost never succeed on the first try with Nature nodes, and while my worst string is 6 (could've gone on longer, but I ran out of kits), I've also had a few runs of 4 and 5. I had started to wonder if there was some line of hidden code somewhere that said 'Rogues hate Nature! Nature shall take its revenge, muahaha!'. It sure feels that way, sometimes. :p