test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Equipping the cleric companion?

varkhus2013varkhus2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
Has anyone determined what stats are useful for the cleric companion? I've seen conflicting opinions regarding power and recovery - do they or do they not affect her heals?

At the moment, on my level 35 control wizard, I've slotted for defense and deflection on her runestones, and some extra HP plus power and recovery in her two item slots. But I really have no idea if any of this has an actual in-game benefit. The boosted stats show up on her abilities screen. I also read that two identical enchantments will NOT stack for player characters, is this also true for the companions? I have two blue rank 5 +defense runestones on her, and the total number does show on her stat screen, but is she really getting the benefit?

To ask another way, do we know the optimal stats to equip on the cleric companion? I've been looking online but have not seen anything definitive. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by varkhus2013 on

Comments

• lorgathlorgath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for posting this, am wondering too, and hope to see some responses.
  • blakeryannwblakeryannw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Her tooltips specifically state Power is her healing stat, and in that regard, Critical strike will also help with heals. I've leveled with her as Power/Crit in Icon Stats and Defense as her enchant. Me and her (I'm a wizzy) seem to be PVE champs.
    Taecyeon - Beholder - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy
  • onodrakonodrak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    AFAIK all enchants stack. All the high level players with tons of currency are using multiple of the same enchant specifically because they do stack.
  • seraphicalfallenseraphicalfallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    onodrak wrote: »
    AFAIK all enchants stack. All the high level players with tons of currency are using multiple of the same enchant specifically because they do stack.

Not absolutely true, the enchants that give +%Exp do not, need to use varying ranks, only exception AFAIK
  • kaeringkaering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did anybody check already, if Recovery also works on Cleric companion, speeding up her heals/attacks?
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kaering wrote: »
    Did anybody check already, if Recovery also works on Cleric companion, speeding up her heals/attacks?

Has anyone tested in-game if recovery affects companion's skill cooldown?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • pilchingtonpilchington Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Has anyone tested in-game if recovery affects companion's skill cooldown?

Yes it does. With no recovery items the time between Healing Word was over 30s, with 580-ish recovery the time was ~27s.
  • ultimuslai2013ultimuslai2013 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do recommend that once you reach level 60, and you are still intending to use the cleric companion, my advice is to stack defensive stats on her, such as defense and deflection. The reason is that when running endgame content (such as dungeon runs), the heals you get from the cleric is miserable and will not help you at all. The main purpose of still summoning her is to use her as a distraction for the mob/boss while you sneak in an attack or two before she dies.