test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GREAT WEAPON FIGHTER - CONSTITUTION BUG [Urgent]

rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Great Weapon Fighter Constitution score should contribute to bypass the damage reduction of the mobs you hit: +1% resistance ignored per point of Constitution over 10.

It looks like that Constitution resistance ignored doesn't properly stack with Armor Penetration stat resistance ignored. Here below you can see my combat log entry confronted with a guildie rogue combat log entry:
TRICKSTER ROGUE

*** SLY FLOURISH - WITH 22% ARMOR PEN ***
[21:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Sly Flourish deals 1319 Physical 
to Nothic Mindwarp.

*** SLY FLOURISH - WITH <22% ARMOR PEN ***
[21:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Sly Flourish deals 1587 (1645) 
Physical to Nothic Mindwarp.

GREAT WEAPON FIGHTER

*** RESTORING STRIKE - 25 CONSTITUTION, 15% CONSTITUTION 
FOCUS, 5% ARMOR PEN (note: only one mob hitted) ***
[Combat (Self)] Your Restoring Strike deals 2672 (2883) 
Pysical to Nothic Mindwarp.
[Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 75 (81) Radiant to 
Nothic Mindwarp.

My GWF should have 15% resistance ignored from constitution score, 15%*15%= 2,25% resistance ignored from Constitution Focus feat and >5% resistance ignored from Armor Penetration stat score: if you sum up it's >22% resistance ignored though with my setup the Nothic Mindwarp still ignored roughly 8% of my Restoring Strike damage while the Rogue in the first example completely bypassed the mob %DR with his Stat only resistance ignored %.

Please Fix it asap, it's already hard to continue playing with a very weak class, furthermore i've builded my GWF around Constitution score instead of Dexterity making this picture even more sad.

Thanks very much for the attention,
Reth.
Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
Post edited by rethophis on

Comments

• gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, this is good to know, I been leveling one up again and I think what happened is when they changed the numbers around from the very first "good" GWF abilities, two betas ago, they did not fix the % issues for the new numbers they gave us "which is a lot weaker than the builds we had before.".

Hopefully before launch, which I suspect, will be when they finally get the other three "new classes together", we will see some of these fixes.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    rethophis wrote: »
    Great Weapon Fighter Constitution score should contribute to bypass the damage reduction of the mobs you hit: +1% resistance ignored per point of Constitution over 10.

It looks like that Constitution resistance ignored doesn't properly stack with Armor Penetration stat resistance ignored. Here below you can see my combat log entry confronted with a guildie rogue combat log entry:
    TRICKSTER ROGUE

*** SLY FLOURISH - WITH 22% ARMOR PEN ***
    [21:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Sly Flourish deals 1319 Physical 
    to Nothic Mindwarp.

*** SLY FLOURISH - WITH <22% ARMOR PEN ***
    [21:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Sly Flourish deals 1587 (1645) 
    Physical to Nothic Mindwarp.

GREAT WEAPON FIGHTER

*** RESTORING STRIKE - 25 CONSTITUTION, 15% CONSTITUTION 
    FOCUS, 5% ARMOR PEN (note: only one mob hitted) ***
    [Combat (Self)] Your Restoring Strike deals 2672 (2883) 
    Pysical to Nothic Mindwarp.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 75 (81) Radiant to 
    Nothic Mindwarp.

My GWF should have 15% resistance ignored from constitution score, 15%*15%= 2,25% resistance ignored from Constitution Focus feat and >5% resistance ignored from Armor Penetration stat score: if you sum up it's >22% resistance ignored though with my setup the Nothic Mindwarp still ignored roughly 8% of my Restoring Strike damage while the Rogue in the first example completely bypassed the mob %DR with his Stat only resistance ignored %.

Please Fix it asap, it's already hard to continue playing with a very weak class, furthermore i've builded my GWF around Constitution score instead of Dexterity making this picture even more sad.

Thanks very much for the attention,
    Reth.

Umm you do know constitution is for pvp. It reduces other players armor penatration toward you. So if u have 17 it will -7% of the other person armor pentration to you. Why would constitution increase your damage?
  • rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    Umm you do know constitution is for pvp. It reduces other players armor penatration toward you. So if u have 17 it will -7% of the other person armor pentration to you. Why would constitution increase your damage?
    Most trash mobs have <=22% damage mitigation, like people in PvP.
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    rethophis wrote: »
    Most trash mobs have <=22% damage mitigation, like people in PvP.

You still don't understand. Constitution is a stat that increases your hp and makes you stronger to take hits. It adds resistance to lower your enemies armor penetration towards you when you take hits.

So if the rogue player attacked you, it would lower his armor penetration towards you. If constitution is bugged it can only be tested in pvp.
  • isdavisdav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You still don't understand. Constitution is a stat that increases your hp and makes you stronger to take hits. It adds resistance to lower your enemies armor penetration towards you when you take hits.

So if the rogue player attacked you, it would lower his armor penetration towards you. If constitution is bugged it can only be tested in pvp.

If that is the case.....the wording in game totally sucks, because saying "resistance ignored" does not sound like what your describing, as that would be...."Penetration Ignored", while the current wording most certainly does suggest it increases armor pen. So I really have to assume as well that it is meant that way. Plus it makes more sense to be Armor Pen, as the GWF is a hybrid class and it gives them a reason to actually raise Con instead of trying to play glass cannon.

I personally would like confirmation on this, as well as a lot of other skills that the wording is...questionable at best.
  • supersagatsupersagat Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    isdav wrote: »
    If that is the case.....the wording in game totally sucks, because saying "resistance ignored" does not sound like what your describing, as that would be...."Penetration Ignored", while the current wording most certainly does suggest it increases armor pen. So I really have to assume as well that it is meant that way. Plus it makes more sense to be Armor Pen, as the GWF is a hybrid class and it gives them a reason to actually raise Con instead of trying to play glass cannon.

I personally would like confirmation on this, as well as a lot of other skills that the wording is...questionable at best.

I Hate to brake it to you. But the Defense modifier is also broken Damage reduction is currently only works for Guardian fighter when you factor in the tank like feats and if you had a extremely high amount of constitution for GWF the maximum Defense for any GWF is always going to be 30% even if the game says your at 40% a GWF to even have a defense against armor penetration you would need a Max out Con of 30 and a defense 70% to be effect in pvp defense against a rogue and even that might not full help since resisting a armor penetration is a Chance and not a guarantee avoidance or defensive modifier. The Real Question is Why make a Tank tree if all the gear and stats point to a hypbrid/Dps/AOE style of combat.
  • alebrn87alebrn87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Confirm,the Costitution resistance Bonus is bugged on GWF.