test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ZEN & Open Beta?

drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello

I have refrained from buying ZEN for the keys to the purple lock boxes because I dont want to waste my money on something that will get wiped come official launch.

The Website FAQ states there will be a character wipe at launch of all beta characters, but I have had other people tell me otherwise.

Can someone please clarify this for me?
Post edited by drusillus on

Comments

• sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    you can buy lockboxes and keys with AD.
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drusillus wrote: »
    Hello

I have refrained from buying ZEN for the keys to the purple lock boxes because I dont want to waste my money on something that will get wiped come official launch.

The Website FAQ states there will be a character wipe at launch of all beta characters, but I have had other people tell me otherwise.

From the beginning of Open Beta, there are no further wipes. You're safe to buy whatever.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sdnever wrote: »
    you can buy lockboxes and keys with AD.

Oh? I have not located a vendor for the keys for AD. Can you give me a rough about loc for it?
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    From the beginning of Open Beta, there are no further wipes. You're safe to buy whatever.

Thank you very much
  • varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh? I have not located a vendor for the keys for AD. Can you give me a rough about loc for it?

They're sold by players, Auction House or simple trading

Current price level seems to be 40-50k AD per key, or 15-20 gold per key

A lot, but not all. of the Zen items can be traded
    edited May 2013
    varsas13 wrote: »
    They're sold by players, Auction House or simple trading

Current price level seems to be 40-50k AD per key, or 15-20 gold per key

A lot, but not all. of the Zen items can be traded

Drat, I was hoping you wouldn't say that :)

Thank you though for your prompt reply.
  • sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The auction house has keys. 40k AD last time I checked. But its down right now.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not really open beta, think of it more as "live with indemnity".
    edited May 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »
    Its not really open beta, think of it more as "live with indemnity".

Very clever way of putting it :)
  • syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hello

The FAQ section that you are referring to is very poorly written. That information you listed here is under a title speaking of Closed Beta. However, within the posting, it just says "beta". Very misleading.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello

NW mod/dev on Twitter has given everyone to the goahead to go nuts because the game WILL NOT wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    The FAQ section that you are referring to is very poorly written. That information you listed here is under a title speaking of Closed Beta. However, within the posting, it just says "beta". Very misleading.

So this leads me to a baited question.

- Is it worth buying Zen?

I know its a loaded question. I only ask because I come from a Pay to play MMO background (wow vanilla thru WotLK)
  • syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So this leads me to a baited question.

- Is it worth buying Zen?

I know its a loaded question. I only ask because I come from a Pay to play MMO background (wow vanilla thru WotLK)

I say wait it out. Unless you absolutely NEED something from the cash shop, just give it a bit to see how things settle in after all of the exploits and rollback. Maybe a week and then if YOU feel things are ok, go for it.
  • xymmxymm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is NOT open beta. Every 2 minute I see a new horse mount being advertised. They have the cash register running at full speed.