test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter the only "beta" to....

glaknarglaknar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Punish "testers" for finding bugs.
Post edited by glaknar on

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glaknar wrote: »

If you're talking about the people who got banned for exploiting, let me give you a little bit of info.

When a "tester" finds a bug, a potentially huge and game-damaging bug, they report the bug and don't repeat it.

When an "exploiter" finds a bug, a potentially huge and game-damaging bug, they use this bug for personal gain, they tell their friends and anyone else, and they cause grief to every other player.

Take a guess which ones of those are the ones being punished, the "testers" or the "exploiters?"
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013

makes sense.. i mean.. if the company can denie responsability due to the fact that the game is a beta, why would exploiters be call to answer for their actions.. is forgeting to report a bug a capital offense on a beta stage?
  • Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rockomboli wrote: »
    makes sense.. i mean.. if the company can denie responsability due to the fact that the game is a beta, why would exploiters be call to answer for their actions.. is forgeting to report a bug a capital offense on a beta stage?

Note, company didn't deny responsibility because it's in beta, that has been players posting saying "It's in beta, so this is okay". Let's not get them confused.
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's "Open Beta", at least that's what Cryptic/PWE are calling it. So, if it is a beta, any rollbacks or wipes are well within their rights. There is no punishment here. If you consider yourself a tester, then you should know the possibility of rollbacks and/or wipes are likely to happen.
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Note, company didn't deny responsibility because it's in beta, that has been players posting saying "It's in beta, so this is okay". Let's not get them confused.

oh.. u sure ? if they are do not denying responsability, then ppl have the right for chargebacks... hmmmm nva though about it on this terms... tks mate, i agree with you
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic/PWE, the only developer/publisher tandem allowed to hide under a 4-letter word to dismiss/ignore the dozens of bugs/flaws that plague the game and made it an exploiter's heaven, then shy away from the same word when it comes to charging people as if it was a fully released product, or wiping in light of massive exploiting ill-gains...its a beta so its normal there are a myriad of gamebreaking bugs that take ages to fix if ever, but they charge people for everything but breathing (yet), and even tho its a beta they wont do wipes....

Neverwinter Online's playerbase, the only morons on earth that are willing to put with with that ****...
  • Options
    sublux9sublux9 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're talking about the people who got banned for exploiting, let me give you a little bit of info.

When a "tester" finds a bug, a potentially huge and game-damaging bug, they report the bug and don't repeat it.

When an "exploiter" finds a bug, a potentially huge and game-damaging bug, they use this bug for personal gain, they tell their friends and anyone else, and they cause grief to every other player.

Take a guess which ones of those are the ones being punished, the "testers" or the "exploiters?"

i reported the pirate king bug the moment i found it

i made threads about it
    i have proof of a ticket about it
    i even messaged a staff member on these forums about it, i have proof of all of this.

i got banned for 72 hours, i never intentionally exploited a thing. (and my appeal with these proofs was denied, go figure)
    i played prate king after and wiped a few times here and there with pub groups but the boss died so we couldn't avoid getting the seals.

because i accidently bugged a boss a few times i was banned, so to me, your point is moot
  • Options
    revantuckrevantuck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Finding is one thing.

Abusing is another.
  • Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    It's "Open Beta", at least that's what Cryptic/PWE are calling it. So, if it is a beta, any rollbacks or wipes are well within their rights. There is no punishment here. If you consider yourself a tester, then you should know the possibility of rollbacks and/or wipes are likely to happen.

Welcome to US commerce. You are protected and can seek refund if you are wronged, in court if you have to :)
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    mestericmesteric Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013

Nope, every MMO's I've played in beta over the last 10+ years did at least 1 wipe for huge breaking bugs...perhaps you seem to misunderstand the concept.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    got banned? you mad bro ?
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    Cryptic/PWE, the only developer/publisher tandem allowed to hide under a 4-letter word to dismiss/ignore the dozens of bugs/flaws that plague the game and made it an exploiter's heaven, then shy away from the same word when it comes to charging people as if it was a fully released product, or wiping in light of massive exploiting ill-gains...its a beta so its normal there are a myriad of gamebreaking bugs that take ages to fix if ever, but they charge people for everything but breathing (yet), and even tho its a beta they wont do wipes....

Neverwinter Online's playerbase, the only morons on earth that are willing to put with with that ****...

You sir, are my hero. :p

The entire beta -vs- live is a semantics only argument. When money starts being involved, peoples attitudes tend to be alot more serious about these types of issues, and the adjective used to describe the stage the game is in becomes irrelevant.
  • Options
    glaknarglaknar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    revantuck wrote: »
    Finding is one thing.

Abusing is another.

Asking a lot from gamers to, find bug, report bug, then IGNORE bug for a month while it slowly gets fixed. Should they not exploit? Certainly, however Cryptic should have addressed this issue BEFORE OB, it had been reported, I'm pretty sure they had a similar issue in STO, pretty much inexcusable.

I reported seeing negative values in the AH on the 3rd day of OB as well as every one in my guild, I am sure we are not the only ones. They only acted once it was about to be something EVERYONE was doing. This sort of bug should have been verified quickly and servers brought down instantly until it was fixed.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    This Beta also isn't ending with a wipe.
    Exploiting is a serious offense so if you find a bug report it and don't use it for your own gain.
This discussion has been closed.