test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The ethical thing to do

khaleiseikhaleisei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
There should be a complete wipe or give everybody that has spent real money on this game their money back. This is the only way this issue should be addressed. And with the wipe make sure your coding is correct before you put this back online as playable. The way things stand right now Cryptic and PW should be turned in to the BBB For fraudulent business practices.
Post edited by khaleisei on

Comments

• Options
    epictrilogyepictrilogy Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    honestly it seems drastic but due to how they're trying to pretend it's resolved I have to agree they're obviously trying to trick people and have many fooled and the "Yes Men" puppets and exploiters have teamed up to stand against a wipe out of fear of losing their money market.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khaleisei wrote: »
    There should be a complete wipe or give everybody that has spent real money on this game their money back. This is the only way this issue should be addressed. And with the wipe make sure your coding is correct before you put this back online as playable. The way things stand right now Cryptic and PW should be turned in to the BBB For fraudulent business practices.

Heh, I don't see what your preferences have to do with ethics, but I do note your dash of hyperbole.
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    honestly it seems drastic but due to how they're trying to pretend it's resolved I have to agree they're obviously trying to trick people and have many fooled and the "Yes Men" puppets and exploiters have teamed up to stand against a wipe out of fear of losing their money market.
    Exploiters, some, do want a wipe, even with the wipe they get to keep their $$$, they lose nothing at all from a wipe, and instead get to repeat and gain even more.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need to wait and see how the markets look after they reopen and have been running for a few days. I am by no means saying just forget about i. I'm saying give the fix a chance to prove it's going to work. If it doesn't, then that is the time for these threads.
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aronwen wrote: »
    Exploiters, some, do want a wipe, even with the wipe they get to keep their $$$, they lose nothing at all from a wipe, and instead get to repeat and gain even more.

Assuming that PWE has fixed the exploit (which is a stretch, but), how do you presume they would "repeat and gain even more"?
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    kyrosiris wrote: »
    Assuming that PWE has fixed the exploit (which is a stretch, but), how do you presume they would "repeat and gain even more"?

What ever the next exploit, people wanted a wipe over the last one, assuming we got that wipe, now we would have to wipe again, that only hurts the honest players. As I said, they made CASH, they will not lose that cash during the wipe so it doesn't hurt them at all, and they'll just find something else to exploit.
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given that this is a beta, wipes should be expected. Cryptic should also not allow exploits that have existed since Star Trek Online.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyrosiris wrote: »
    Given that this is a beta, wipes should be expected. Cryptic should also not allow exploits that have existed since Star Trek Online.
    Normally so, but they have already guaranteed there will be no wipes. As such, they could be opening themselves up to a different can of worms than they currently have if they did a wipe.
  • Options
    khaleiseikhaleisei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Normally so, but they have already guaranteed there will be no wipes. As such, they could be opening themselves up to a different can of worms than they currently have if they did a wipe.

Pretty doubtful that the "can of worms" caused by a wipe could be any worse then outright fraudulent business practices. To know of such an exploit since closed beta and do nothing about it, release an open beta with it so you can gain from the exploit as a company, costing loyal customers and your client base actual money and making the money they did spend worthless in the game is shameful at the least ... fraudulent at worst.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aronwen wrote: »

This^ if you read the chat in the live streams that were showing the exploits it was very apparent that exploiters wanted the wipe, it seemed like that was the whole point of it, to force a wipe. The thing is a wipe isn't going to bring back the banned accounts and cryptic isn't done tracking the offenders down it would seem.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i would settle for half of my money back in exchange of perma ban of my account..
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Pretty doubtful that the "can of worms" caused by a wipe could be any worse then outright fraudulent business practices.

I say that as I gave them substantial amounts on the basis of 'no wipes' that wiping would be a 'fraudulent business practice'.

But if they want to refund my credit card every cent (not AD, not Zen but cash) I've given them I'm happy to completely walk away from this and any other past, present and future PW product and they can wipe away.

Failing that I expect them to hold to the promise they made.
  • Options
    blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont buy it,,a wipe will not only kill their personal accounts but all their storage accounts ,,they lose it all. I'm all for a wipe,,doesnt take that long to level in this game!
    This^ if you read the chat in the live streams that were showing the exploits it was very apparent that exploiters wanted the wipe, it seemed like that was the whole point of it, to force a wipe. The thing is a wipe isn't going to bring back the banned accounts and cryptic isn't done tracking the offenders down it would seem.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ethic and PWE in the same sentence

divide3.jpg

The way things stand right now Cryptic and PW should be turned in to the BBB For fraudulent business practices.

PWE already have an F in BBB. it cant get worse than that. thats the company that all this poor idiots are giving their money to
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What fraudulent business practices? If people spend money on virtual items, then it is their own choice. People that bought Zen and Founder Packs got what was listed as being part of the Founder Pack and 100 zen per $. A fraudulent business practice would be a character wipe when they have constantly said no character wipes.
  • Options
    surv1vor1surv1vor1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully they have plans to open new servers when this game is released and not in Open Beta. Then all of us who want a wipe will get a fresh server, if we so chose.

Take the 3 broken servers and lock them into being unable to transfer anything to the new, clean servers. Probably just combine them into 1 server, since their population is going to be a small portion of people who hate challenges.