test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So could the exploit be the reason...

koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
...it seemed like so many people were getting Nightmare mounts? Just kind of started thinking about that. I'll be curious to see how often those admin messages pop up now that it's been fixed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    it could have been yes but you also get it in STO ships from boxes but do not trust that everyone of them is genuine as in sto my name came up one day saying i had won a ship and guess what i had not even opened a box so how could i have won !!!!!

Yes i wont a nightmare horse this time round on my main char but it was a ligit one i had just opened a box :) was well shocked when it happened a few days ago :)
  • Options
    psychlogicpsychlogic Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's a good marketing ploy, though. Make it look as though a prize is not as rare so people are more willing to pay to obtain/open the boxes.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »
    ...it seemed like so many people were getting Nightmare mounts? Just kind of started thinking about that. I'll be curious to see how often those admin messages pop up now that it's been fixed.

I know that there are a ton of messages but how many actual knightmare mounts have you seen? Disclaimer: I have one but I rarely see any (mostly see the spider mounts).
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    I know that there are a ton of messages but how many actual knightmare mounts have you seen? Disclaimer: I have one but I rarely see any (mostly see the spider mounts).

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about that. I've prob only seen one or two.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I got one, it would be in the AH, I have a mount already. Any more, and they just start taking up space. I'd rather sell it cheap on the AH than have to store it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    cluesclues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    When I first started playing a little over a week ago, I saw Nightmare Mount announcements constantly. A lot more than I noticed recently (about 3 or 5 days ago). That did cause me to cave in and charge to my phone to buy keys. I got it on my second key.

Ignoring my luck, what you are thinking is correct. Actually announcing and allowing other players to see people win 'big' prizes from random chance boxes and such encourages some people to participate. "Hey, all these people are getting lucky -- maybe I can too!" is the basic thought.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fosslas wrote: »
    it could have been yes but you also get it in STO ships from boxes but do not trust that everyone of them is genuine as in sto my name came up one day saying i had won a ship and guess what i had not even opened a box so how could i have won !!!!!

Yes i wont a nightmare horse this time round on my main char but it was a ligit one i had just opened a box :) was well shocked when it happened a few days ago :)

names aint unique
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    open more then 30 boxes and nothing.. on the other hand, i saw some dude once drop 2 mounts in less then 1 min.. so its depends on ur luck.. obviously exploiters abuse this, but, i think that mainly people put money into it and got it on a legit way
  • Options
    cluesclues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    In regards to current events... If you saw an increase of Nightmare Mounts going around recently during the exploitation, I wouldn't be surprised if that was why. I mean, people bought out the zen market (making keys available) and some people were even dumb enough to charge and put in zen for the sole purpose of hopefully benefiting from the wonky economy (making more zen for illegitimate purchase available - thus keys).