test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Start to investigate asap instead of saying everything is ok!

joebaejoebae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Like the title says, start to check thing A.S.A.P instead of telling customers that everything is fine and the it is not possible to exploit.
The AH bid bug was reported in details by a friend of mine 9 days ago, but instead of looking into it right away you got the guts to tell him that it can't be done.
It took you 9 days to react, all because your pride stood in the way to actually listen to a player and check the issue.
I bet, that is not the only issue that has been reported and put away under the table.
I did several reports on NPC path and agro bugs during the closed beta, guess where that did go... pirates anyone?
Get that **** programmer pride thrown away and start checking upon them tickets instead of being ignorant about it.
Oh, and you should start to take Murphy's law serious, cause obviously that is a lesson that has been forgotten too.
Post edited by joebae on

Comments

• Options
    bluarcherbluarcher Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are

they have already banned the exploiters they have found so far and are working on the rest
  • Options
    smulfsmulf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluarcher wrote: »
    they are

they have already banned the exploiters they have found so far and are working on the rest

Dude did you even read what he wrote?
    he said that this exploit was found 9 days ago by hes friend and they did absolutly nothing about it.
    hes friend was told that it wasent posible to do that kind of exploits on the auction house... and clearly it was. look at what happend today.

7 hours rollback becores they didnt listen 9 days ago.

all of this **** was avoidable if they just cared about there customers.
  • Options
    bluarcherbluarcher Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well sometimes people need a hard slap in the face to wake them up to a problem and thats what this was
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Much longer than 8 days. This was actually known about since Closed Beta at least and reported many times, as it is the same exploit that happened in another Cryptic game...
  • Options
    jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I call BS. Give evidence of reporting this 9 days ago with the response that said that it couldn't happen. Otherwise you are just spouting the same BS that everyone else is.

Exploits happen to games all the time. How you respond to them is what is important and I think Cryptic/PW has done a fine job. I love how people assume that everything they send is read immediately, thoroughly, and with 100% confidence. You know how much spam and garbage gets sent in just because? Have you worked in a support department of a software company that has 100k's of customers? I doubt it because 1 person sending one email isn't always as effective as you seem to make it sound. How many false reports of problems do you think they get?

You think that every report of a problem gets an immediate person attempting to recreate it. Also you gave no indication if your friend provided the steps to recreate the problem or not. I find it interesting that it was "your friend" that made the report. Why isn't "your friend" the one here complaining that his report went unfixed. Bugs have priorities, there is only so much time that people have to work on things. So sometimes non-critical bugs that only affect a few people don't get fixed right away or maybe it is a much more complex probably that you realize. Either way your judgement about how "your friend's" report went unfixed is naive at best.
  • Options
    truewarlordtruewarlord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joreal wrote: »
    I call BS. Give evidence of reporting this 9 days ago with the response that said that it couldn't happen. Otherwise you are just spouting the same BS that everyone else is.

Exploits happen to games all the time. How you respond to them is what is important and I think Cryptic/PW has done a fine job. I love how people assume that everything they send is read immediately, thoroughly, and with 100% confidence. You know how much spam and garbage gets sent in just because? Have you worked in a support department of a software company that has 100k's of customers? I doubt it because 1 person sending one email isn't always as effective as you seem to make it sound. How many false reports of problems do you think they get?

You think that every report of a problem gets an immediate person attempting to recreate it. Also you gave no indication if your friend provided the steps to recreate the problem or not. I find it interesting that it was "your friend" that made the report. Why isn't "your friend" the one here complaining that his report went unfixed. Bugs have priorities, there is only so much time that people have to work on things. So sometimes non-critical bugs that only affect a few people don't get fixed right away or maybe it is a much more complex probably that you realize. Either way your judgement about how "your friend's" report went unfixed is naive at best.

You sir are just BLIND. And its sad.

This bug was reported since the closed beta. This bug was there in day 1 of the open Beta.

You are calling for what? Evidence? Lol.

Did you know that the same bug ocour in other game of CRYPITIC?
    Can you tell me what do you think? This bug was caused by an UPDATE? What UPDATE do you think cause the problem? Couze IF its not caused by an update, its EVIDENT what people are saying.

Well, bad grammar dudes, sorry. I just cant read somethings and be quiet.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

/snip

Either PWE's most naive fanboyz or a DEV alt. I hope for your sake that it is the later.
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://s17.postimg.org/tu8qd0cyn/lolfail.jpg
    does that count as evidence?
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Either PWE's most naive fanboyz or a DEV alt. I hope for your sake that it is the later.

hes a HotN, so probably 3) a poor fool that is desperately trying to reassure himself he didnt threw $200 down the drain
  • Options
    gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've reported tons of bugs as well, they never get fixed. They don't give a **** until it starts to cost them money
  • Options
    balthezorebalthezore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Don't take this close to your heart... but. You're a effin' tool. Stop being a stubborn and open your eyes. There have been multiple reports on this specific bug since closed beta. Even myself exploited it because I didn't belive it was doable.
    Also another cryptic game had same stupid exploit. Read the ****ing reddit will you?

http://s17.postimg.org/tu8qd0cyn/lolfail.jpg

Yo' blind or just blind?
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    joebae wrote: »
    Like the title says, start to check thing A.S.A.P instead of telling customers that everything is fine and the it is not possible to exploit.
    The AH bid bug was reported in details by a friend of mine 9 days ago, but instead of looking into it right away you got the guts to tell him that it can't be done.
    It took you 9 days to react, all because your pride stood in the way to actually listen to a player and check the issue.
    I bet, that is not the only issue that has been reported and put away under the table.
    I did several reports on NPC path and agro bugs during the closed beta, guess where that did go... pirates anyone?
    Get that **** programmer pride thrown away and start checking upon them tickets instead of being ignorant about it.
    Oh, and you should start to take Murphy's law serious, cause obviously that is a lesson that has been forgotten too.

Oooor, your friends bug wasn't reproducable internally.
  • Options
    unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flakeless wrote: »

OMFG 16 days ago- resolved??
    Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Given how easy this bug is to reproduce, that would be even more damning of Cryptic's competence.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smulf wrote: »
    becores

What is this I don't even...
  • Options
    joebaejoebae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013

Dream on.
    If it wasn't the cause that this bug is one of those that is pisseasy to reproduce.
    It's called a pro programmers pride, they never code wrong and therefore think checking for errors is unneeded, maybe they should put it open source instead, so that us amateurs can fix the bugged code. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What is this I don't even...

It's called to type in a language that isn't ones own native language, and your inability to read it and get the right word out of it.
    Hint: "because" ?
  • Options
    mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluarcher wrote: »
    they are

Banning is NO sollution to fix the BUGS, silly.

In my eyes, the only sollution is fixing the exploits, and then a new start. And ... Taking NO real money from their customers during beta.