test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Its not all Devs Fault..

rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well, first of all, let me just say that im not a fan boy, im asking for chargeback of 40 bucks, mainly because i cant play the game anymore because im having severe fps issues ( with i didnt had until a week ago..) and probably wont be fix soon, cuz lets face it, they have a lot on their plates right now..

Anyways, as badly disappointed as i am with PW/Cryptic, i have to say that its not all their fault, i mean cammon, wtf did players did in close beta after all ?

I bet my 40 bucks in zen that 90% of this exploits were discover in the close beta, and that douch close beta-testers didnt reported . Not the first game i see this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, players doing everything to get into a close beta just to scout for bugs that they can exploit.

We have very few players that probably knew this exploits for weeks, and wouldnt even be affected by a 72 hrs rollback. They were smart, they played cool, and they got away with crime just like thous bankers did when we had the economy colapse. They know that it wont be a wipe because it would affect inocent players, who at this point are like hostages our bargain coin or whatever.

And lets face it, if players had honor their agreement on the close beta, we probably wouldnt had to be on this situation, so , in a way, we cant put all the blaime on devs, after all, close beta is made to prevent this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I wonder how it will be done in the future, because, this problem its in every close beta, and its getting pretty common.
Post edited by rockomboli on

Comments

• Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This exploit was most definitely reported in the Closed Beta. I've heard it was reported early in the Alpha even.

The devs were incompetent beyond all excuses on this one.

edit: Oh, and good bye and good luck, as you will be banned as soon as you put in that chargeback.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seems like op hasn't been following the situation closely - several of the exploits were known and reported from the first day.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes, yes it was.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oh.. dammz... really? er... my bad then... and.. they didnt do anything ?... er... jesus..
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a screenshot of a ticket about the exploit 16 days before hand floating around somewhere

Edit: found it http://s17.postimg.org/tu8qd0cyn/lolfail.jpg
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two different kinds of guilt. The exploiters are thieves, the devs just plain negligent.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cammon.. u guys are not serious.. i mean... why did they open to the public then ? this is not incompetency, its insanity..
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rockomboli wrote: »
    oh.. dammz... really? er... my bad then... and.. they didnt do anything ?... er... jesus..

thats PWE for you
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rockomboli wrote: »
    Well, first of all, let me just say that im not a fan boy, im asking for chargeback of 40 bucks, mainly because i cant play the game anymore because im having severe fps issues ( with i didnt had until a week ago..) and probably wont be fix soon, cuz lets face it, they have a lot on their plates right now..

Anyways, as badly disappointed as i am with PW/Cryptic, i have to say that its not all their fault, i mean cammon, wtf did players did in close beta after all ?

I bet my 40 bucks in zen that 90% of this exploits were discover in the close beta, and that douch close beta-testers didnt reported . Not the first game i see this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, players doing everything to get into a close beta just to scout for bugs that they can exploit.

We have very few players that probably knew this exploits for weeks, and wouldnt even be affected by a 72 hrs rollback. They were smart, they played cool, and they got away with crime just like thous bankers did when we had the economy colapse. They know that it wont be a wipe because it would affect inocent players, who at this point are like hostages our bargain coin or whatever.

And lets face it, if players had honor their agreement on the close beta, we probably wouldnt had to be on this situation, so , in a way, we cant put all the blaime on devs, after all, close beta is made to prevent this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I wonder how it will be done in the future, because, this problem its in every close beta, and its getting pretty common.

Actually it was reported in the closed beta. I have seen posts with links that show this to be true. I wish it wasnt true, but it is.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The exploit was used in STO. How much warning did the developer's of NW need?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    nordhrnordhr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If that's the case, how come it took until now for people to exploit it? If it was known since Closed Beta? Doesn't make sense. Isn't it more likely that this was a different issue with the same result?
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    If this was really reported in closed beta, and it appears it was, then I think we need a wipe. It would really suck, but it's going to take forever for the economy to stabilize.
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    flakeless wrote: »
    There's a screenshot of a ticket about the exploit 16 days before hand floating around somewhere

Edit: found it http://s17.postimg.org/tu8qd0cyn/lolfail.jpg

Perfect Trash Entertainment. Too bad that NWo is in their ****-game list.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nordhr wrote: »
    If that's the case, how come it took until now for people to exploit it? If it was known since Closed Beta? Doesn't make sense. Isn't it more likely that this was a different issue with the same result?

It has been used since NW servers went up by people smart enough to do it small scale.

again: Small rollback is silly as people have been doing this for weeks.
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    It has been going on for a long time from what I have read small scale.Then someone on twitch tv did it with 2000 viewers,and bingo the cat truly was out of the bag.And it spread like wildfire on Sunday.
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nordhr wrote: »
    If that's the case, how come it took until now for people to exploit it?
    It wasn't viral until someone made a GD thread about it, the mods were too late. It was a pretty straight forward exploit.

edit:
    It has been going on for a long time from what I have read small scale.Then someone on twitch tv did it with 2000 viewers,and bingo the cat truly was out of the bag.And it spread like wildfire on Sunday.
    ooh, that would be a better explanation for this.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Bingo the cat has a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The recurring theme in PWE games is: exploit early, exploit quietly, and cash out early.
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World has admitted that the rollback does not even affect the players who actually got the ball rolling on the exploit. They only rolled the servers back to when the exploit went viral. The original exploiters are free and clear, and Perfect World has decimated the economy and the value of both Astral Diamonds and the auction house. I guarantee Perfect World knew this exploit existed, and knew it would make Astral Diamonds worthless on the AD-Zen exchange. Want some Zen? Go buy it for real-life money on the Perfect World website. Perfect World wins. gg
  • Options
    mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You cannot exploit a BETA.
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    mkesd wrote: »

If this is beta, then they could do wipe. But still they just waiting for ppl, dumb enough to pay for this half-game. This is not a beta, this is soft launch. And it gona stay "beta" forever.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You absolutely can.

#1 bad thing a beta tester can do is exploit in a way that gives them advantage on release. Since there's not going to be a wipe, all exploits now fit that bill.

Beta tests are for finding bugs and reporting them to the devs (even if Cryptic seemingly can't be bothered to look at the reports). Beta tests are not for silently exploiting bugs to gain massive advantages.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Considering there will be no wipe before launch you kinda can.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success