test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Classes We Would Like To See

necromancer80necromancer80 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I cant wait for the ranger class myself , dose anyone have an idea when that class will be release? If a GM sees this post it would be greatly appreciated if u could give us a hint on what classes we will see in the near future.
Post edited by necromancer80 on

Comments

• Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's a given since this is based on D&D 4'th edition.

Most likely classes to come first is Ranger and Warlock.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i would say around the time that the real drow race comes out as cryptic likes to do things in packages
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    replicaclonedreplicacloned Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Monk and Bard.
  • Options
    bluarcherbluarcher Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i heard in zone they was working on rangers right now but no given time as to win it will be out
  • Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranger!!!!!!!!
    nothing to see here
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Nasher Exploiter :p
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bard !
  • Options
    nulltimenulltime Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see a two weapon fighter as that is nearly what I always play in D&D. Not sure if that exists in 4e since it seemed alot more limited but here is to hoping!
  • Options
    ana1963ana1963 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any danger of multi-class? Always loved being a mage-assassin. And bard.
  • Options
    ehraehra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something that summons. And some form of Battle Cleric. Also, a Paladin.
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nulltime wrote: »
    I would like to see a two weapon fighter as that is nearly what I always play in D&D. Not sure if that exists in 4e since it seemed alot more limited but here is to hoping!

Tempest fighter.

But here's hopping for Barbarian

(In case anyone says its too similar to a GWF then you never played one in 4e... a true 2handed striker class bringing a world of pain to single targets).
  • Options
    cluesclues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait for the ranger to come out, but I would love to see a bard. I honestly can't find too many games with a bard class that really interest me.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranger and warlock already made just waiting for release err i mean thats a vicious rumor from datamined content and people finding warlock gear my bad lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    dourhelmdourhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I started playing D&D in the 70's, I have always been a Paladin kind of guy. So here's hoping.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Druid, Ranger, Sorcerer, Warlock, Bard, Barbarian, Paladin, Monk, and maybe, if they have really good ideas for them, Psions.
  • Options
    cluesclues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Wow I would totally love a monk too. Pfbfbfbt, I hope they consider these someday.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not think multi-class is possible with the way they implemented the skills.

I am ready for ...
    a ranged dps class (ranger or caster), a tank, and a healer. I think they need to cover the basics before getting exotic and those are missing currently....

all kidding aside I am really looking forward to the warlock and ranger. Would also love to see a paladin (tank/healer maybe??) and a monk would be kinda neat. Bard or buffer of some sort would be neat too. Shapechanger druid maybe...
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    • Avenging Paladin
    • Pursuing Avenger
    • Assault Swordmage
    • Rageblood Barbarian
    • Wrathful Invoker
    • Bear Shaman
    • Valorous Bard
    • Euphoric Ardent
    • Quick Battlemind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    I do not think multi-class is possible with the way they implemented the skills.

I am ready for ...
    a ranged dps class (ranger or caster), a tank, and a healer. I think they need to cover the basics before getting exotic and those are missing currently....

all kidding aside I am really looking forward to the warlock and ranger. Would also love to see a paladin (tank/healer maybe??) and a monk would be kinda neat. Bard or buffer of some sort would be neat too. Shapechanger druid maybe...
    It would be possible but I doubt it will happen (for game balance reasons).

Basically you just replace the paragon path with the second class.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    It would be possible but I doubt it will happen (for game balance reasons).

Basically you just replace the paragon path with the second class.

There is more to it than that though, I think they would have to edit a lot of code to enable using other weapon types. Say you mixed CW & GWF, can it use both orbs and 2h weapons? I think that is not possible without modification, *at a guess*. Armor type, etc as well would be odd, as would the benefits of some class set items.

And you can't just swap paragon for it, unless forcing a 30/30 level build. What about a 10/50?
    Could a multi-classer open 2 types of resource packages without kits? etc...