test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cheaters win?

braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The exploiters now have 50,000,000+ AD, thousands of gold, and duplicates of most of the Purple items. How are the non-cheaters ever going to complete?

If you are not going to wipe, at least make Cats non-tradeable, all Purple items unique (so you can only have one of each), and reduce each account to max to 5,000,000 AD and 500 Gold. That would lessen the effect of the myriad of exploits than you have allowed since launch.
I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
Post edited by braddass on

Comments

• Options
    tuckerboy001tuckerboy001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you, but i hope they wipe.
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    I hope they wipe as well, but I don't think they have the stones to do it.
  • Options
    bluarcherbluarcher Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    The exploiters now have 50,000,000+ AD, thousands of gold, and duplicates of most of the Purple items. How are the non-cheaters ever going to complete?

If you are not going to wipe, at least make Cats non-tradeable, all Purple items unique (so you can only have one of each), and reduce each account to max to 5,000,000 AD and 500 Gold. That would lessen the effect of the myriad of exploits than you have allowed since launch.

why do you have to compete???

im sorry i thought this was a game to have fun playing not a race to see who can have the most epics in the fastest time.... silly me
  • Options
    majorbpaynemajorbpayne Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    You do realize that the rollback basically reset the server back to a certain point, yes? You know how a system restore works on a computer? That's how this is. They set everything back to that time frame. Those items don't exist, the AD doesn't exist anymore. It's a mini-wipe. Basically every bit of data from the time the servers went offline, to 7 hours prior to that, is gone. Notice how your level was back to where it was pre-shutdown? Yeah...Notice any items missing? Mhm...Besides, I'm sure they've banned/are still banning people who did it. It's not that hard to find out who did what when you see a ton of cats start popping up on the AH, Which I doubt will happen anyways since they basically cleansed the system with the rollback.

And before you say "OH YOU'RE WRONG **** ERMEHGERD!", I made 100,000 AD off of an item I put in the AH. When I logged on this morning after the reset? I had 11,000 AD...My 100,000 AD was gone. Poof. Never existed. SO yeah....That AD is gone. Unless they didn't roll it back far enough, then it'd be an issue. But to my knowledge that's not how it happened. But I don't follow this stuff like most.
  • Options
    bitharne86bitharne86 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SMART cheaters always win, bad-guys get away with a lot of stuff. It's a misconception otherwise.

The people who will benefit from this, apparently, knew since closed beta but kept it secret so they could use it on "launch". If they are going to do that you'll bet they have dozens of alts with billions of AD stashed away. They have effectively ruined the economy.

One good note from the FAQ, however, is they have not answered how they will address AD's yet. They might mitigate this game-shattering exploit by deleting 99% of all ADs in the game as considering the time people have had to create and hide this diamonds since release have created more ADs that this game was meant to see for years. However, I doubt this will happen.
  • Options
    f0skef0ske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013

Anyway Neverwinter it's just a passageway before the beta of Wildstar and TESO.
    Now thanks I can leave properly this bad game. 1.5/10 for the game
  • Options
    professorzeeprofessorzee Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Seeing i cant post a new thread. i will just post here..

This is to all you people who think the roll back did anything but make the majority of the population happy.

I have known about this AH exploit since before this open beta started.
    it was reported numbers of times throughout the closed beta.
    Upon the release of "Open Beta" aka soft launch, i tested the exploit again.
    It was still active!!

i have over 4 billion astral diamonds on 4 different accounts that have not been rolled back past my acquire date of said diamonds.
    Yes i plan to continue to use them as i see fit...
    This is beta after all...

Enjoy this "Beta"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Every time you are bidding on the AH, you are potentially competing against some who cheaters. Every time you are vying for a raid slot you are potentially competing against someone who gained their items unfairly. Every time you participate in PvP, you are competing against people who potentially gained items through an exploit.

Unless you are soloing and never using the AH, you are competing against other players.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only people competition should matter to are the PvP crowd. I could understand them being quite unhappy with a few having access to all these things gained in an inappropriate manner. I can't see why competition would be a concern to PvE players.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    from what i've been reading the exploits go well beyond the 7 hour rollback period...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You do realize that the rollback basically reset the server back to a certain point, yes? You know how a system restore works on a computer? That's how this is. They set everything back to that time frame. Those items don't exist, the AD doesn't exist anymore.

If the cheating began yeaterday morning, you would be right. The problem is that it started from day 1.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluarcher wrote: »

im sorry i thought this was a game to have fun playing not a race to see who can have the most epics in the fastest time.... silly me

Yes it's about having fun, but playing a game with a broken economy is not that fun. It's not about competing, it's about being able to enjoy the game normally which will be hard to do.
  • Options
    bitharne86bitharne86 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The point is you have to do far more work to get the same items simply because there is too many in the system. Like working in Texas at a restaurant for 2.15 an hour and paying for an apartment in California (2000 a month?).
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hope they wipe as well, but I don't think they have the stones to do it.

sadly... I have to agree
    I would have used "balls" though...
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bitharne86 wrote: »
    One good note from the FAQ, however, is they have not answered how they will address AD's yet. They might mitigate this game-shattering exploit by deleting 99% of all ADs in the game as considering the time people have had to create and hide this diamonds since release have created more ADs that this game was meant to see for years. However, I doubt this will happen.
    It better not happen. I still have a lot of AD left from those I purchased as a part of starter packs, and what I did spend only went to purchases from NPCs.
  • Options
    ocrambosocrambos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes some people will be rich for a while. But their AD will disappear in time and Cryptic IS working hard to look through logs and ban people from before as well. Auction house and exchange are down for a reason. They're going to ban most if not all of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who exploited. Furthermore someone having epic gear while we don't? Don't give a ****. What I hear even PvP gear is laughably easy to get without exploits so the PvPers shouldn't cry but just work a bit more than exploiters. And for PvE yeah, wooh, someone has full epics. Grats, I don't care and will not drool at your feet. i'll have it soon as well, be it in months or a year.

(by the way, since when is having gear more fun than the journey to get it? Is the moment of getting your set not much more OMG FINALLY WOW than when you have pwnd people with it for days? Exploiters had lulz making people mad but won't play this game. Not with the enjoyment you and I will have working for it)

Because yeah, surprise, the game's content does equal levelling, getting your gear and then having it. But the majority of the gameplay is about levelling + getting the gear. GEtting this instantly = bored in a day.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Every time you are bidding on the AH, you are potentially competing against some who cheaters. Every time you are vying for a raid slot you are potentially competing against someone who gained their items unfairly. Every time you participate in PvP, you are competing against people who potentially gained items through an exploit.

Unless you are soloing and never using the AH, you are competing against other players.

which is why i don't buy items in the AH
    or online trade
    and i don't really care much for raids
    and i only pvp for the daily so that does not effect me either
  • Options
    dustee071dustee071 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    which is why i don't buy items in the AH
    or online trade
    and i don't really care much for raids
    and i only pvp for the daily so that does not effect me either
    So be quiet then?
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Cheaters always win and I'm only sad I'm too honest to cheat.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bitharne86 wrote: »
    The point is you have to do far more work to get the same items simply because there is too many in the system. Like working in Texas at a restaurant for 2.15 an hour and paying for an apartment in California (2000 a month?).

ok so i get my epic in a month and not in a week
    i can live with that im not in no hurry to be godly
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dustee071 wrote: »
    So be quiet then?

if you can voice your opinion so can i
  • Options
    kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    ops wront topic
  • Options
    carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realize that the rollback basically reset the server back to a certain point, yes? You know how a system restore works on a computer? That's how this is. They set everything back to that time frame. Those items don't exist, the AD doesn't exist anymore. It's a mini-wipe. Basically every bit of data from the time the servers went offline, to 7 hours prior to that, is gone. Notice how your level was back to where it was pre-shutdown? Yeah...Notice any items missing? Mhm...Besides, I'm sure they've banned/are still banning people who did it. It's not that hard to find out who did what when you see a ton of cats start popping up on the AH, Which I doubt will happen anyways since they basically cleansed the system with the rollback.

And before you say "OH YOU'RE WRONG **** ERMEHGERD!", I made 100,000 AD off of an item I put in the AH. When I logged on this morning after the reset? I had 11,000 AD...My 100,000 AD was gone. Poof. Never existed. SO yeah....That AD is gone. Unless they didn't roll it back far enough, then it'd be an issue. But to my knowledge that's not how it happened. But I don't follow this stuff like most.

lol newb spotted...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So nothing else is being done to address the ruined economy? If not, that is the equivalent of tacitly condoning all the exploiting going on prior to yesterday.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ocrambos wrote: »
    Yes some people will be rich for a while. But their AD will disappear in time

actually those AD will not disapear, but will be reinvested to allow those sums to grow exponentially...