test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What I don't understand

clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is people posting about quitting. I mean, demand your refund, initiate your chargeback, uninstall the game and walk the f**k away. Nobody cares. Do you suffer from some kind of delusion of grandeur that you leaving will be disastrous?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by clansman2013 on

Comments

• rubaniazrubaniaz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's to show that people are not the only ones. If you're thinking about quitting and you see 50 people saying they quit too, you're more eager to do so. If everyone is like you, saying it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to quit and whatnot. They'll just keep playing.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is people posting about quitting. I mean, demand your refund, initiate your chargeback, uninstall the game and walk the f**k away. Nobody cares. Do you suffer from some kind of delusion of grandeur that you leaving will be disastrous?

It is a way to garner attention to see if anyone follow suit. IF no one post on them and just ignore them, I'm guessing some percentage will come back :)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I don't understand is people posting about people posting about quitting.

I mean nobody cares.....
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. They think their discontent is very important, and all must know of it.
    2. They like attention, which this thread gives them more of.
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    You seem to care,you started a thread about it. Just laugh at it or ignore it.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you can't figure out why you probably won't understand why if I told you....

Obviously because the CARE about the game, they actually don't really want to quit.

I have not quit yet, and if I do I certainly won't make a thread about it or make a chargeback.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No one values your opinion spoiled bratty kid. These are paying customers that have a right to voice their opinion. Don't get your Cryptic underoo's all bunged up because someone has a different opinion than you.

Growup.
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    If you can't figure out why you probably won't understand why if I told you....

Obviously because the CARE about the game.

That's part of it too, for sure, as a lot of these threads are filled with passion. People generally don't get passionate about things they don't care about.
  • funkmasterrickfunkmasterrick Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    If the person sticks around and keeps posting, it's for attention.

If they post once something to the effect of "I'm quitting," and you never hear from them again, it is something different; if they're not around to read your responses, it can't be called a cry for attention. Rather, it's more of a call to solidarity.

In either case, stop whining about it.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of them aren't really quitting, just being dramatic.

The small handful who are quitting will be back tomorrow.

Those who don't come back tomorrow will come back for NW's Module 1.

Not much to see here. :p
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some are upset that the game wasn't what was expected, some are crying for attention, some are just spiteful. They want to see the game go down in a fiery ball because if the game flops it will make them feel better for quitting.

Denial
    Anger
    Bargaining
    Depression
    Acceptance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

If they post once something to the effect of "I'm quitting," and you never hear from them again, it is something different; if they're not around to read your responses, it can't be called a cry for attention. Rather, it's more of a call to solidarity.

How could it possibly be a call to solidarity?
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one values your opinion spoiled bratty kid. These are paying customers that have a right to voice their opinion. Don't get your Cryptic underoo's all bunged up because someone has a different opinion than you.

Growup.

Oh i see, so they are paying customers and are allowed to voice their opinion, but i'm not. It's idiots like you that are killing MMO's. Seriously, you are the one needing to grow up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh i see, so they are paying customers and are allowed to voice their opinion, but i'm not. It's idiots like you that are killing MMO's. Seriously, you are the one needing to grow up.
    Take your own advice, you are questioning their right to complain so what you just said make no sense.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
    edited May 2013

Why do 12-year old always come to such scorched-earth, negative, end-of-the-world conclusions... I haven't played this game in 2 weeks. I'm here because I still have hope and invested $250 into this disaster of a release.

I have zero desire for attention in a forum filled with anonymous 12 year olds.. lmao... I could care one iota what they think. lmao.
    edited May 2013
    Why do 12-year old always come to such scorched-earth, negative, end-of-the-world conclusions... I haven't played this game in 2 weeks. I'm here because I still have hope and invested $250 into this disaster of a release.

I have zero desire for attention in a forum filled with anonymous 12 year olds.. lmao... I could care one iota what they think. lmao.

Why am I 12, and how was my conclusion in any way negative, signaling the end of the world, or scorching any metaphorical earth?

Somehow, I get the sneaking suspicion that you're not that bright; you spent $250 on a game that claims to still be in beta and has not been available for very long. That just seems like poor economic decision-making on your part.
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off is that this people keep saying quit but they won't. All they do is lurk on the forums and keep posting negative stuff about the game none stop. Just do us a favor and gtfo please. No one care if you quit, but stop saying that you quit but you don't do it, instead go on and keep posting how bad the game is, the game is dead, etc. boohoo hoo hoo. Cry us a river please.
    edited May 2013
    Why am I 12, and how was my conclusion in any way negative, signaling the end of the world, or scorching any metaphorical earth?

Somehow, I get the sneaking suspicion that you're not that bright; you spent $250 on a game that claims to still be in beta and has not been available for very long. That just seems like poor economic decision-making on your part.

Stop whining.
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you made a post about posts about quitting?

Oh the irony
    edited May 2013
    Stop whining.

Asking you to back up your points is whining? Man, that puts a whole new spin on the entire concept of 'debate.' I've been living a lie.
    edited May 2013
    Asking you to back up your points is whining? Man, that puts a whole new spin on the entire concept of 'debate.' I've been living a lie.

Sorry to here to that.
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They do it because they want to vent. I can understand that. But you posting in retaliation only makes things worse within the community.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Look I see where you coming from but if people stop doing that who will I say "can I have your stuff " to? OP your not thinking this through.