test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

7 hour rollback = lol

pennstateitpennstateit Member Posts: 38
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
On an exploit that has been known since closed beta your solution is a 7 hour rollback....
HERP DERP
CrashTestDummy-2-8544b.jpg
Post edited by pennstateit on

Comments

• chillmawchillmaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best thing is they took longer to even announce what was going on than the rollback itself. Good thing this is just a time killer for me, can't wait until one of the real MMOs of this year comes out.
  • caitatoniccaitatonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you wanted them to use the solution with maximum impact on players to fix a situation that had minimal impact on us until yesterday? The main block everyone was concerned about is accounted for now, let the rest of it go, let them deal with it on an individual basis, as it was obviously pretty isolated if the majority were unaware until **** hit the fan. How big of an effect could it really have had if people didn't notice? Not one big enough to warrant a wipe. They made the right call.
  • hahlrichahlric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caitatonic wrote: »
    So you wanted them to use the solution with maximum impact on players to fix a situation that had minimal impact on us until yesterday? The main block everyone was concerned about is accounted for now, let the rest of it go, let them deal with it on an individual basis, as it was obviously pretty isolated if the majority were unaware until **** hit the fan. How big of an effect could it really have had if people didn't notice?

^This, in a nutshell.

I do feel sorry for those who hoped the paying customers would be screwed over by a full wipe and are now gutted. /sarcasm off :)
  • conterkillerconterkiller Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Minimal impact?
    lol.. the exploiters cleaned the zen market.. you could not buy any freakin zen..
    how is that not a BIG impact.. given that for everything in this game you need zen at lv60.. lol!!!

only lowbies wouldnt see an impact.. yet!
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hahlric wrote: »
    ^This, in a nutshell.

I do feel sorry for those who hoped the paying customers would be screwed over by a full wipe and are now gutted. /sarcasm off :)

They track all Zen Purchases. That would all be refunded...you'd just have to go through the "hassel"of buying whatever you purchased before same as everybody else. So it doesnt effect paying/not paying .

It is laughable that this exploit isnt widely known....along with the foundry exploit that went unchecked. Anyone that pays attention to the zone chat knew what was happening. The fact is...it went mainstream this weekend...so the ones who have been exploiting for the past week...got away with is scott free...1 8 hour penalty out of a week+.....F2P Mantra...exploit and exploit often.
  • caitatoniccaitatonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Minimal impact?
    lol.. the exploiters cleaned the zen market.. you could not buy any freakin zen..
    how is that not a BIG impact.. given that for everything in this game you need zen at lv60.. lol!!!

Can you not read? Like, at all?
  • provampireprovampire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was lvl 12, now I'm 6 again, they really expect me to lvl up again? this game fails so much.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Minimal impact when the economy has been bonkers since launch and now we know most of the reason why.
  • nathaniel886nathaniel886 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a little digression: why there is no official info on the rollback yet? Some people do not read forums, so they will log in and be like 'what the f... happened to my character?'.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!
  • am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Minimal impact?

Go and read their response again. If you wouldn't change this post, read it again. If that doesn't do it, read it again. Keep doing this until a bulb goes off and you want to change this post.

Up until maybe Friday (that is the last time I played prior to the weekend), even if players were doing this, it wasn't so bad as to ruin the economy. Zen was still available and dropping (360 AD/Zen). Items on the AH weren't completely out to lunch in terms of pricing and also falling. If Cryptic does a rollback to before things went haywire and then does an individual check on any players with greater than some threshold of AD (maybe 3-4 Million), they could contain most of the issue, get us back to where we were, and then deal with the players that were hording and waiting for the right time.
  • chillmawchillmaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you wanted them to use the solution with maximum impact on players to fix a situation that had minimal impact on us until yesterday? The main block everyone was concerned about is accounted for now, let the rest of it go, let them deal with it on an individual basis, as it was obviously pretty isolated if the majority were unaware until **** hit the fan. How big of an effect could it really have had if people didn't notice? Not one big enough to warrant a wipe. They made the right call.

If it's not big enough to warrant a wipe, why did it get one? A 7 hour rollback is a wipe. Not a full wipe, but a wipe nonetheless. Also, how could you know how many people were aware of something? I'm pretty sure that is impossible to do without thoroughly investigating each person.
  • moletasmoletas Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    G.G. Minimal inpact guys was doing it for weeks prob. 7 hour RB.. trololol.. i still got full bank of cats wich i bought for 2 gold.
  • exploiter420exploiter420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not everyone is a blind bimbo like yourself :).
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Minimal impact when the economy has been bonkers since launch and now we know most of the reason why.

The game definitely did launch with a money exploit...it's called the founders pack. Countless players starting with 600,000 to 2 million astral diamonds without ever setting foot into the game. Hyperinflation was apparently part of the economic strategy of this game from the very beginning. This dupe just added to it.